+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 158 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    BTW, i was addressing the not quite black and not quite white if it matters.
    I know what you mean.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hurley is the bomb...and I am starting to wonder if they are trying to pull one over on us and Jacob was the Bad and MIB was the Good and and and...ah fuck it...lost my train of thought...but you know what I mean.

And It was a MOST EXCELLENT show! Loved that Richard
    Spoiler:
    came to the island on the Black Rock, that was super cool. Wrapping up the mystery of where the ship came from
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Hurley is the bomb...and I am starting to wonder if they are trying to pull one over on us and Jacob was the Bad and MIB was the Good and and and...ah fuck it...lost my train of thought...but you know what I mean.

Spoiler:
    came to the island on the Black Rock, that was super cool. Wrapping up the mystery of where the ship came from
    And also
    Spoiler:
    how the statue ended up as only a foot
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

Spoiler:
    And also
    Spoiler:
    how the statue ended up as only a foot
    I was just gonna say that. Can you imagine how big tat wave was to be able to do something like that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So now what the hell was the ship anchored offshore in the S5 finale? The Statue was whole and the water calm. Doesn't portend the Black Rock does it? Hmmmmmmmm

And I still wonder how the hell the BR got in the middle of the jungle. Hitting the statue would seem to impeded its progress not enhance it. I always theorized Smokey tossed it there but........... Piss poor answers or more to come?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Jacob is
    Spoiler:
    the turtle from It! He is the force for good who refuses to intervene
    You can't fool me, it's Jacob's all the way down.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So now what the hell was the ship anchored offshore in the S5 finale? The Statue was whole and the water calm. Doesn't portend the Black Rock does it? Hmmmmmmmm
    Jacob has been bringing people to the island for a long time -- before air travel, that would have to have been by boat. We speculated at the time that the ship we saw was the Black Rock, but it easily could have been another ship.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jacob has been bringing people to the island for a long time -- before air travel, that would have to have been by boat. We speculated at the time that the ship we saw was the Black Rock, but it easily could have been another ship.
    It still can be Black Rock. We saw its arrival was in daytime, but we also know time is distorted on/around the Island.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome episode.

I did have a problem with the tidal wave/boat to the head explanation for the statue reduction. But I very rarely get peeved with Lost. Almost never. I felt let down by it, and like the boat would turn to match sticks if such a thing were to happen.

I also didn't like the head and stuff in the water. Would have been better to show the foot and some downed trees.

But...you know, hate to complain. Rest of it was solid.

Loved that giant huge tree that Richard went to, to dig up the cross. That thing was just spectacular. Tree of life reference, or just some other giant tree reference, they took some time and said lets grow some tree here people. (He wasn't right under the tree, it was in the area...)

MIB said Jacob did something to him to make him the smoke monster, didn't catch the exact qoute. Am going to have to watch it again and see what he said. Makes Jacob sound powerful!

Liked the Jacob all the way down joke up top, funny stuff.

Jacob is kind of a weenie though, just bringing folks to the Island to duke it out for good, but doesn't want to help. And in this case, the boat shows up in a tidal wave (groan) and he doesn't really care about what happens to the crew, he just lets Smokey kill the crew, lets the crew kill the slaves. It's like he is back in foot central playing let's weave some more cloth art, while Richard is getting starved to death in the Black Rock and wild hog eats on dead people. Jacob needs to man up and enter the game.

I guess he does in the present, he seems more vested in the Losties, but some of that might be cause he is dead.

Lastly, I found it odd that MIB told Richard the same thing about Jacob, that Dogen told Sayid about MIB, that is: Kill him fast, don't even let him speak, if you do, it's too late. Funny how both Sayid and Richard both attacked, then spoke after they got whooped.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Re: The wave, boat, and statue incident - Trust me. I've been through several hurricanes and seen what waves and wind of that nature (which is as it appeared in the episode) do damage of that degree and more.

I think that both Jacob and Esau spoke first re: the supposed attacks on each. The point was that if they spoke, then the assassin would be persuaded to stop - not unlike the hypnotizing power of the Force or a siren's call.

My Mood
    Worried

*BUMP* Hoping a UK fan can answer for me.

When is this shown in the UK? I need to update my Richardness, but I don't want to spoiler anyone? Someone please answer.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    Awesome episode.

I did have a problem with the tidal wave/boat to the head explanation for the statue reduction. But I very rarely get peeved with Lost. Almost never. I felt let down by it, and like the boat would turn to match sticks if such a thing were to happen.

I also didn't like the head and stuff in the water. Would have been better to show the foot and some downed trees.

I agree whole-heartedly. The time frame just doesn't seem to jibe with the head eroding or something. Although, I suppose a subsequent storm could have sunk it deeper, but why leave that up to speculation?

But...you know, hate to complain. Rest of it was solid.

Loved that giant huge tree that Richard went to, to dig up the cross. That thing was just spectacular. Tree of life reference, or just some other giant tree reference, they took some time and said lets grow some tree here people. (He wasn't right under the tree, it was in the area...)

MIB said Jacob did something to him to make him the smoke monster, didn't catch the exact qoute. Am going to have to watch it again and see what he said. Makes Jacob sound powerful!

"Took away his Humanity" was all we got by way of explanation, but I thought that was sufficient for now.

Liked the Jacob all the way down joke up top, funny stuff.

Jacob is kind of a weenie though, just bringing folks to the Island to duke it out for good, but doesn't want to help. And in this case, the boat shows up in a tidal wave (groan) and he doesn't really care about what happens to the crew, he just lets Smokey kill the crew, lets the crew kill the slaves. It's like he is back in foot central playing let's weave some more cloth art, while Richard is getting starved to death in the Black Rock and wild hog eats on dead people. Jacob needs to man up and enter the game.

I suppose the point was that he was NOW going to man-up through Richard's involvement.

I guess he does in the present, he seems more vested in the Losties, but some of that might be cause he is dead.

Lastly, I found it odd that MIB told Richard the same thing about Jacob, that Dogen told Sayid about MIB, that is: Kill him fast, don't even let him speak, if you do, it's too late. Funny how both Sayid and Richard both attacked, then spoke after they got whooped.
    To Bev: Darlton sorta confirmed the ship in s5 as the Black Rock in an audiocast where they divulge the title of the finale. At best, the whole thing seems unnecessarily ambiguous for Lost especially, when they could very easily have just wrapped up the whole thing and put a bow on it.

Observation: Anyone else notice the blatant "Stand" homages? Jacob's whole "hands off" M.O. very reminiscent of God in the Stand with relation to Mother Abigail and Co. The scene in the belly of the Black Rock with MIB and Richard was almost lifeted directly from the book. I wonder if the "cork" thing is a direct correlation to "making your Stand" against evil? not to mention that The Stand ends with Flagg/MIB waking up on a desert Island.................. In that context, Jacob actually starts to take on a very Mother Abigail kinda feel, don't ya think? Hurley= a little Tom Cullen? Jack=Stu? Sawyer=Larry? hmmmmmmmmmm Guess that would make Ben the Trashcan Man? lol lol Actually, as I am sure you have all noticed, the entire series sort of reeks of DT/Stand which, is really kinda cool!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Two things:

1. I dedicate my weakness in the knees and drooling to Mr. Titus Welliver, the hottest of the hot. He had me at "whir, click, whir."

2. Jacob is not "good" in the classic sense, instead he is a warden who is trying to rehabilitate a God/Superdude (Man in Black) while imprisoning him on an island. The island is not really an island (as evidenced by the fact that the island sunk in the sideways world and why they weren't supposed to drill deeper than 30 meters), but a manmade (Jacob made) contrivance used to imprison the Man in Black. Jacob is trying to convince MiB that humans can be good, and if that goal is achieved than he'll no longer have to imprison him there. My guess is that the end is not going to be MiB getting off the island, but instead making a real connection with someone and changing his opinion on humanity. whew! So that's my lame theory.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Worried

Anybody?

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree about the boat - I could'nt believe it had taken out the statue. Wood vs. Stone? and then the ship ends up being whole? No I just don't understand that but I'm willing to let it go too.

-Second...I'm wondering about the part where MIB said that Jacob stole his body. So then...who are we looking at exactly and god what the hell is MIB's real body? I mean he could be lying. Whatever, I love reading all of the thoeries, but it just makes me more...lost than ever. I am just going to go along for the ride I guess.

PS, I loved this episode because I love that Richard Alpert. I've always liked his charecter.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody?
    Right now.

My Mood
    Worried

Oh yay! Can't wait to hear the other new thoughts!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lindelof's explanation of the daytime convo in the season 5 finale v. the storm when Black Rock crashed.

"(Storms) can whip up pretty fast."

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post
    I agree about the boat - I could'nt believe it had taken out the statue. Wood vs. Stone? and then the ship ends up being whole? No I just don't understand that but I'm willing to let it go too.

-Second...I'm wondering about the part where MIB said that Jacob stole his body. So then...who are we looking at exactly and god what the hell is MIB's real body? I mean he could be lying. Whatever, I love reading all of the thoeries, but it just makes me more...lost than ever. I am just going to go along for the ride I guess.

PS, I loved this episode because I love that Richard Alpert. I've always liked his charecter.
    The ship isn't whole. It's like half (or it's supposed to be). I imagine that the part that hit basically disintegrated and tossed the rest to the side. I do not think that the ship itself necessarily took out the statue, but the storm certainly was of a magnitude to do so.

I have personally had to avoid boats flying at me during a hurricane. I probably shouldn't have gone out walking around to see how bad it was.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Woofer, not now. I just look at the schedule on Lostpedia and it just said 9 and it's TOMORROW. I forgot that they are in different time zone than me and my dates are off. Sorry. That's why kids you don't skip class, it messes up everything

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Lindelof's explanation of the daytime convo in the season 5 finale v. the storm when Black Rock crashed.

"(Storms) can whip up pretty fast."
    Coincidentally, I have an anecdote that supports that too. We had one come in Birmingham on a beautiful bright and sunny day just like in LOST in the time that it took me to walk two buildings down from the Honors House to the engineering building (10 - 15 minutes tops). By the time I had my coke and got back, it was storming like mad. I rushed up to the computer, but (and I am sure many have heard me say this elsewhere) lightning struck the tree right outside the window while I was hitting the shutdown button. End result: recreate 2 take home final exams and 1 final paper and NEVER forget a backup again.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Sorry Woofer, not now. I just look at the schedule on Lostpedia and it just said 9. I forgot that they are in different time zone than me. Sorry.
    Soon... soon.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We were forced to watch the re run of last weeks episode when we watched this weeks because we were in Denver. It was fun to get two new hours.

But they put the subtitles down at the bottom to explain everything and when Sawyer was talking to Widmore he was asked "how do I know I can trust you?" To this Sawyer said something like "the same way I do".

Here's the kicker, the thing at the bottom said..."Sawyer means they can't trust each other at all"

Really didn't need that mystery explained.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Matt, I thought that was odd, too! My guess is that people who didn't get that without the benefit of the crawler wouldn't be too interested in the series.

So you're saying you don't get both hours in Parachute?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Worried

Did someone say crawlers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 158 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast