Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 158 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Matt, I think this is the photo that we're both talking about:

Of course, it looks much more amazing on TV.
    That's the one Ricky and seriously, anyone who knows the series and see where this comes from. I mean, it could be a coincidence I guess.
    But probably not. Probably not a coincidence, I mean.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Good comparison! I was really confused by it - on one hand it seems like Smokey is not the MiB because why would the rules still stand, plus as someone pointed out, the whole manifestation of the dead mother is so typical smoke monster...but then again, if it is the MiB (he comes back to life after drowning and seeming dead like Sayid did), why the hell are there two skeletons in the cave?
    My thought is that it's some Prestige-like scenario where the MIB in smoke monster form is a replication of the original. Either that or he's somehow merged with Smokey.
    Well, I think what we're probably meant to take from it is that the MiB has been imbued with the force of whatever was down the hole of light to become smokey, or more simply he's melded with smokey...but it still doesn't explain him leaving a skeleton. Hmm, actually unless...he's like left his physical body behind and his soul has become merged with the smoke monster, so it is essentially still jacob's twin, but something more aswell. I guess that would fit more with what the bad mother told them about the light being a soul, that every man had a little bit of it in him...?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    i purposefully scheduled a doctor's appt on monday the 24th at 2pm. no work for me. lots of time to mourn. and drink. and smoke. and.....cry.
    That's great. Haha. I think everyone will mysteriously have the same appt. that day.

unless...he's like left his physical body behind and his soul has become merged with the smoke monster, so it is essentially still jacob's twin, but something more aswell.
    That's along the same lines of what I think too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Melike, you're probably right, but I just can't shake the feeling that going in the cave woke a slumbering entity, not unlike Tak choosing and using the people he did in Desperation and The Regulators.
    Good comparison! I was really confused by it - on one hand it seems like Smokey is not the MiB because why would the rules still stand, plus as someone pointed out, the whole manifestation of the dead mother is so typical smoke monster...but then again, if it is the MiB (he comes back to life after drowning and seeming dead like Sayid did), why the hell are there two skeletons in the cave?
    First of all, what I am telling is completely different from Sayid's situation. I think Jacob didn't kill his brother who has been unconscious before he went down to the light. So that would explain the rules still standing and the body Jacob found. I also believe ''the rules'' thing is supernatural. They are unable to kill each other...

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

...So, they can not break the rules, if they could, MIB would.
    Remember we saw Locke's corpse, at the same moment fake Locke was in Jacob's place watching Ben killing Jacob, under the Statue. That explains the skeleton.
    I remember fake mother saying every man has some piece of that light, but I don't remember her saying it is ''soul''. She said it was something that would cause an event worse than death which is what happened to Jacob's brother who once said that Jacob had taken his body.

(I am writing this via my phone, that is why I had to post my answer in two pieces.)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

i purposefully scheduled a doctor's appt on monday the 24th at 2pm. no work for me. lots of time to mourn. and drink. and smoke. and.....cry.
    That's great. Haha. I think everyone will mysteriously have the same appt. that day.

unless...he's like left his physical body behind and his soul has become merged with the smoke monster, so it is essentially still jacob's twin, but something more aswell.
    That's along the same lines of what I think too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Melike, you're probably right, but I just can't shake the feeling that going in the cave woke a slumbering entity, not unlike Tak choosing and using the people he did in Desperation and The Regulators.
    First of all, what I am telling is completely different from Sayid's situation. I think Jacob didn't kill his brother who has been unconscious before he went down to the light. So that would explain the rules still standing and the body Jacob found. I also believe ''the rules'' thing is supernatural. They are unable to kill each other...
    ...So, they can not break the rules, if they could, MIB would.
    Remember we saw Locke's corpse, at the same moment fake Locke was in Jacob's place watching Ben killing Jacob, under the Statue. That explains the skeleton.
    I remember fake mother saying every man has some piece of that light, but I don't remember her saying it is ''soul''. She said it was something that would cause an event worse than death which is what happened to Jacob's brother who once said that Jacob had taken his body.

(I am writing this via my phone, that is why I had to post my answer in two pieces.)
    Yes, yes. I like the merging idea.

Melike, no worries. I have to post in strange ways when I am on my phone.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is different from Sayid in that Sayid was dead and MiB was unconcious, I posted so fast that I didnt really stop and think about that...but what made me think of Sayid is that I felt like they were showing us the MiB potentially drowning in the water then coming back, to mirror Sayid's rebirth in the spring - like I think they were hinting that the pool/light is the origin of the spring.

No, it still doesn't explain the skeleton - because the MiB had assumed the appearance of Locke, Locke hadn't become the smoke monster/MiB.

I remember fake mother saying every man has some piece of that light, but I don't remember her saying it is ''soul''.
    yes sorry, that was just my interpretation of it. maybe I'm just equating light with good, when really she could have meant a small piece of evil?

She said it was something that would cause an event worse than death which is what happened to Jacob's brother who once said that Jacob had taken his body.
    Jacob had taken his body? I don't remember that bit - what did he mean?

It's so easy to misunderstand each other, plus I change my mind on my Lost theories every 5 seconds

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arrawyn View Post
    unless they mean by the title what the people that HAVE died on the island died for...?
    Yeah, that's what I kind of gathered from it. If they were going to kill off all the Island Losties in this episode, the title is kind of the biggest spoiler in all of Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by arrawyn View Post
    and does anyone have any thoughts as to why Kate isn't a candidate?
    No, and it's really bugging me! But in a good way.

the reason she is no longer a candidate is because
    Spoiler:
    she did something after Jacob told her not to.
    I thought that, too, for a while -- but why bring her to the island in the first place, then? It seems to me that everyone who was a potential candidate who was brought to the island was still a potential candidate at the time of the crash.

My Mood
    Worried

Maybe because she betrayed the island and left with Aaron.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you counting leaving the Island and taking Aaron as one thing? If not, others left the Island and are/were Candidates (Jack, Sun, Sayid, etc.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Augh! I got the file, but I get an error message when it hits the movie file on extraction.

Same here poop

Warning: the size of the extracted file (4325376) does not match the uncompressed size (0) recorded in the zip file

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Great point!

ponder these words to Claire from the psychic in the S1 episode: Raised by Another

"It's... crucial. That you. You, yourself, raise this child."

"This child... parented by anyone else -- anyone other than you... Danger surrounds this baby."

and

"Your nature... your spirit -- your goodness... must be an influence in the development of this child."

But Kate took Aaron away from Claire. Aaron was "raised by another." He was deprived of Claire's nature, her spirit, her goodness. Maybe that was a huge "No-no" in Jacob's book.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Considering what happened to Jacob he does probably have some issues with babies taken from their real mother but I think that it might be something else. Or maybe Sawyer is wrong and she still is a candidate. Wasn't her name on the lighthouse dial unscratched-out? Maybe that will be the twist, Kate as the new Jacob. Or not.

My Mood
    Worried

Are you counting leaving the Island and taking Aaron as one thing? If not, others left the Island and are/were Candidates (Jack, Sun, Sayid, etc.)
    Yes, Ricky. If we assume that Claire was supposed to be there (we all remember why she was on the plane and preggy), then perhaps Aaron was supposed to stay there.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"Your nature... your spirit -- your goodness... must be an influence in the development of this child."

But Kate took Aaron away from Claire. Aaron was "raised by another." He was deprived of Claire's nature, her spirit, her goodness. Maybe that was a huge "No-no" in Jacob's book.
    It seems to have adversely affected Claire rather than Aaron, he's had a loving mother and he's settled Kate and gave her some security and a reason to stop running, yet Claire has simply gone nuts. Weeeell, ok, she has squirrel baby!

Maybe that's why Kate isn't a candidate, maybe she's meant to leave and continue to raise Aaron now?

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Considering what happened to Jacob he does probably have some issues with babies taken from their real mother but I think that it might be something else.
    It didn't seem to phase Jacob though, the MiB or Boy In Black as he was, was horrified by it - Jacob just took it all in his stride and wanted her approval all the more.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Ricky. If we assume that Claire was supposed to be there (we all remember why she was on the plane and preggy), then perhaps Aaron was supposed to stay there.
    Maybe that's why Kate isn't a candidate, maybe she's meant to leave and continue to raise Aaron now?
    Two totally contrasting theories, yet both are entirely plausible. I can't decide which would best fit the show, but like them both.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

John F. Kennedy Quicksilver is on a distinguished road Quicksilver's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lost is a great name for the series.....you miss one episode and you are.

Still beats the crap out of all the isipid reality shows.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Lost is a great name for the series.....you miss one episode and you are.

Still beats the crap out of all the isipid reality shows.
    Watching my cats lick their genitals beats the crap out of insipid reality shows.

ETA: I can film this if people have nothing to watch.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to the LOST podcast, the turtle on the beach was a fortuitous nod to IT and THE DARK TOWER, as was the rabbit with the number painted on it. The turtle just showed up and decided to sun itself on the beach during filming--in Hawaii, you're not allowed to mess with turtles, so they couldn't have staged it.

Country
    Country Flag

Interview with Nestor Carbonell and Henry Ian Cusick about the end of Lost:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=66065

Woofer...he's baaaaaack.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Worried

OMG! Thank you!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interview with Nestor Carbonell and Henry Ian Cusick about the end of Lost:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=66065

Woofer...he's baaaaaack.
    Great Interview!!! Thanks for posting the link!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so excited for the finale! But . . . I'm 'lost' -- is there an episode this Tuesday, or is the finale just this Sunday starting at 7pm?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    is there an episode this Tuesday, or is the finale just this Sunday starting at 7pm?
    Yup, the penultimate episode titled,
    Spoiler:
    What They Died For
    airs this Tuesday. The finale is Sunday the 23rd, like you said, with the clip show from 7-9pm and the actual episode from 9pm-11:30pm.

Wow, has anyone realized that the finale will be the longest episode of Lost ever?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Matt, I think this is the photo that we're both talking about:

Of course, it looks much more amazing on TV.
    LOVE that picture. Is there a bigger one that I can use for my background. The producers have said they are big fans of Stephen King and The dark Tower. But that scene just screams Dark Tower to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 158 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast