Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It would make the most sense. Really, if both Walt and Michael had fake names, completely fabricated, it wouldn't be very hard to simply switch a few things around. There wouldn't even have to be any adoption. Just a change of picture, a few details in the system and Locke is Bentham.

Locke would be the logical thread to bring Walt back into the fold, considering their connection in season 1.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I suppose so. It just seems out of character for Locke. On the other hand, if the island wanted him to do it, then that would be in character.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

here's what I think actually. and hear me out.

the translation was taken from the season 3 finale. I don't believe it was meant to be taken word for word at the time. Maybe it was added in there to throw the eagle-eyed viewers off base by believing "if bentham had a teenaged son, then it must be michael in the coffin." i think it was just a sneaky maneuver by the writers.

also, in that very same translation it says that Jeremy Bentham committed suicide. In the most recent episode of Lost, Jack has no idea it was suicide. Mrs. Hawking tells him that, much to his surprise.

So i don't think we can take that original translation too seriously. There is no teenaged son. It was a trick, or a mistake.

what say you.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

No, Mike, you're right. That's one of the points I made earlier in the thread (post 1363). Why is everyone surprised when the article said he was hanging from a beam? Unless they all thought he was murdered by hanging, not as common now as in, say, 1850.

I will be really pissed at them if they put that shit in the article just to throw off the viewers. This show is too good for that crap.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    Also, I think the only reason there was any argument over the identity of Jeremy Bentham is with Mattrick insisting that Michael was Bentham.
    Thank you.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So if Locke is dead, the obituary has to have him listed under another name because to everyone's knowledge he did not survive the plane crash. So why is it not possible that once off the island he could have taken the identity of Michael (which could possibly have been Jeremy Bentham). This would therefore lead to the teenage son being Walt. No, he's not really Locke's son, but on paper he would be.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I like that Heather!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So if Locke is dead, the obituary has to have him listed under another name because to everyone's knowledge he did not survive the plane crash. So why is it not possible that once off the island he could have taken the identity of Michael (which could possibly have been Jeremy Bentham). This would therefore lead to the teenage son being Walt. No, he's not really Locke's son, but on paper he would be.
    Yeah, and if the island told Locke to do it, then he would. Doing it on his own, however, just isn't very John Locke-esque IMO - at least not as he has evolved on the show.

Regarding recreating the circumstances of the flight: I think they only have to recreate the Oceanic six's circumstances, not the entire flight. No, I'm not sure how the guitar case figures into that theory.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well it would also be an easy way to explain Michael's death as well. Just a thought.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Worried

Yeah, you're probably right.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, bloody brilliant!
    That was my favourite epsidoe this season, things are really coming full circle now

My initial thought was that Kate had given Aaron to Claire's mum too. To me, her being so upset, and asking Jack not to mention it, didn't hint at something darker - it was just too painful for her to hand this child she's been raising as her son for three years to a stranger. I mean shit, imagine how freaked out Aaron must have been!
    At least now Kate has heeded Claire's advice/warning.

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    And why was Ben on the plane?
    I thought the condition to letting him move the island was that he could never return.
    I think Ben has purposely involved himself in "helping" the Losties to insure that he could be on the plane and therefore get back to the island.
    My thought was that he could "never return" simply because he had moved the island making it inacessible by the normal Other channels (ie, the way Ben, Tom, Alpert etc usually left the island.)

I think Desmond kicked Ben's ass after he killed, or attempted to kill, Penny. Ben narrowly escapes, leaving Desmond to hunt him down. Or, perhaps Ben confronts Sayid in a public place, lets Sayid win the fight, just to buy time until the police get there and arrest him for the murders.
    My instant thought was that it was Sayid - and Sayid looked so shocked to see Ben on the plane. Either because a) he thought he'd killed him or b) because he hadn't seen him for a few days and hadn't expected to - in which case it'd be the Penny/Des scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    and when Jack asked Hurley how the hell he ended up there and Hurley would not tell him! More of Ben's manipulations somehow, even though Hurley was deeply upset when Ben boarded the plane and Jack had to calm him down.
    Like some other members here, I think that Charlie told him to be there.

And lastly, we still have no real clue as to how and why Eloise Hawking knows what she knows!
    Well, I thought there was a bit of a clue as to how she knows about the time windows and stuff. When she shows them the equations on the board she says "A long time ago a very clever man figured out about the windows" etc...well, something along those lines. My guess is that Daniel in the present island time (the DI era) figures this all out and thats to whom she is referring.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love seeing Mike Beck back in the thread

Great to see you man.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Walt doesn't need to go back like they do. It would only cause an unnecessary delay to try to persuade Walt and his guardian(s) that he should come with them.
    I don't think any of them need to go back. I think like Desmond said that they are just being used as pawns.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pawns or not, the island is where the real story is! I am sure there are still plenty of mysteries left on the island to sate our appetites for the rest of this and all of next season!

i predict........when it ends we still will NOT have all the answers! But then that's the fun of it isn't it! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I kind of agree. I don't understand Kate and the others not wanting to go back.

They watched that Island disappear!!

That's bound to stir some dang curiosity.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And when I got back one of the first questions I'd be asking is:

"어이 Jin, 당신은 어떻게 성교 그 지독한 화물선 떨어져 얻었는가??"

you gotta love babelfish! Funny, the reverse translationis not exactly what I tried to translate but dam it's funny
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Funny.

I had to use Google Translate for that, though.

I'd probably ask the same thing if I were Sun.

(Btw, you speak Korean? That's so cool. )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ah, bloody brilliant!
    That was my favourite epsidoe this season, things are really coming full circle now

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    And why was Ben on the plane?
    I thought the condition to letting him move the island was that he could never return.
    I think Ben has purposely involved himself in "helping" the Losties to insure that he could be on the plane and therefore get back to the island.
    My thought was that he could "never return" simply because he had moved the island making it inacessible by the normal Other channels (ie, the way Ben, Tom, Alpert etc usually left the island.)
    I think the "whoever moves the island can never return" thing is more of a rule that should not be broken rather than something physically impossible. I think there will be some consequence for what he's done. Jacob knows that Ben took Locke's place at the wheel of misfortune, and he can't be too happy once he finds out the little brat (awesome, conniving, manipulative brat!) is back in the homeland.
    I think Desmond kicked Ben's ass after he killed, or attempted to kill, Penny. Ben narrowly escapes, leaving Desmond to hunt him down. Or, perhaps Ben confronts Sayid in a public place, lets Sayid win the fight, just to buy time until the police get there and arrest him for the murders.
    My instant thought was that it was Sayid - and Sayid looked so shocked to see Ben on the plane. Either because a) he thought he'd killed him or b) because he hadn't seen him for a few days and hadn't expected to - in which case it'd be the Penny/Des scenario.
    I think Sayid was shocked because first he saw jack (which is already a pretty startling coincidence), but then here comes beat up Ben, and the pieces start to fall into place, much like they did for poor Lapidus. Jeff Fahey is the man, by the way.

And Ben was at the dock's when he made that bloody phone call. Has to be about Penny. "I made a promise to an old friend. I have to tie up some loose ends while i'm in town." evil eyes: check. shit eating grin: check

I believe he either killed Penny, or tried to kill Penny and accidentally ended up killing little Charlie. He was all bugged out on the phone like something went horribly wrong.

And this is interesting, because if Desmond loses Penny and/or his son, he will probably be hell bent on finding Ben and taking that dude's life. And who better to side with in that situation than the old bastard he's hated for years, Charles Widmore. I would love to see something like that, but would feel awful about Penny and Charlie. But Desmond's life has been too good since he got back from the island, and something terrible was bound to change that. "The Island isn't done with you yet." Mrs. Hawking said. And just like when he defied her words at the jewelry store, he will find out that he's powerless to prove her wrong. He will go back to the island, but it will be for bloody revenge. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I love seeing Mike Beck back in the thread

Great to see you man.
    Hello Father. It is good to see you too.

I'm already starting to get the "Lost will end soon" sadness, though. It's like when you have a loved one that's sick and you're visiting them in the hospital but you know that it's only a matter of a few months so you try to make the time you spend with them rich and worthwhile, but you also build up a wall to prepare yourself for a life without them in it. effing bummer.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    And Ben was at the dock's when he made that bloody phone call. Has to be about Penny. "I made a promise to an old friend. I have to tie up some loose ends while i'm in town." evil eyes: check. shit eating grin: check
    I completely agree - I rewatched it last night and like you said, he was at a harbour, plus he was soaking wet....thats all the clues you need right there!

I'm already starting to get the "Lost will end soon" sadness, though.
    Ah man, tell me about it!

I noticed another little easter egg type thing last night. On the plane the book Ben is reading is Ulysesses (sp?) which is quite fitting for Ben, returning after his travels.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    I completely agree - I rewatched it last night and like you said, he was at a harbour, plus he was soaking wet....thats all the clues you need right there!

I'm already starting to get the "Lost will end soon" sadness, though.
    Ah man, tell me about it!

I noticed another little easter egg type thing last night. On the plane the book Ben is reading is Ulysesses (sp?) which is quite fitting for Ben, returning after his travels.
    I could be wrong but, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the storyline was loosely based on Homer's Oddyseus. Hence the significance of the Book Ben was reading.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Future episode titles:
    Spoiler:
    1x01 - 'Because You Left' (Various)
    1x02 - 'The Lie' (Hurley)
    1x03 - 'Jughead' (Desmond)
    1x04 - 'The Little Prince' (Kate)
    1x05 - 'This Place Is Death (Jin)
    1x06 - '316' (Jack)
    1x07 - 'The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham' (Locke)
    1x08 - 'LaFleur'
    1x09 - 'Namaste'
    1x10 - 'He's Our You'
    1x11 - 'Whatever Happened, Happened'
    1x12 - 'Dead Is Dead'
    1x13 - 'Some Like It Hoth'
    1x14 - 'The Variable'

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to that one from the title alone.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah! I'm so excited for tonight's episode!
    And someone gave me a Lost t-shirt, so I'm showin' the love all around today.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

That's just because I can't come into this thread until Sunday after tonight...

...and because I'm jealous of your t-shirt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast