Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #28-King SIGNED Desperation W/Orig Maitz. Art

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I want this one!!!! Re-arranged a few cards in anticipation. This is one for MY COLLECTION!!!

Especially after all those years barking, this one comes home with me!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Don Maitz View Post
    It is a scary thing to get a book, a really nice book, and decide to "add something" in the hopes it might increase the value. A signature is a safe venture but still even that comes with a little trepidation, where should I put it, what pen should I use. The process of adding a remarque is much more challenging and riddled with the worry of what if I f--- it up. If something goes wrong then this book that so many people worked together to produce, becomes a worthless stack of paper because I had the temerity to improve upon it. A pencil drawing can get smudged, if too soft a pencil is used. The paper gets dented or worse, torn if too hard a pencil is used. Ink is irrevocable if it goes wrong and very hard to fix a mistake. The watercolor i use has to go on dry or the paper buckles or bleeds through the other side. HA! and you all thought King's writing is scary.
    You work very well under pressure, Mr. Maitz! Awesome piece. And thank you for sharing your thoughts on the remarque process. It makes me appreciate them even more!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on it. For a change, I'd like to benefit from a HF item. Jerome, may have to pay for his own beers in, Vegas, but what the hey, right?-
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yet again another amazing remarque for this book. Don, you've got such a great picture of Entragian. I'd be shitting bricks if I came across this dude on a Nevada (or Texas even) roadtrip!

Thank you Don, Stephen King (clearly), Jerome and any admins, and of course whoever donated the book.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2