Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #28-King SIGNED Desperation W/Orig Maitz. Art

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #28-King SIGNED Desperation W/Orig Maitz. Art

AUCTION LINK

For your consideration is a two page original piece of art signed by renowned artist Don Maitz. This piece was drawn in a Gift Edition of Stephen King's "Desperation".
    Don Maitz sent the book to Stephen King, and yes!....Stephen King signed the book!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply put, that remarque is amazing. I know this will get well over my pay grade but I hope someone here wins! Good luck bidders.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Simply put, that remarque is amazing. I know this will get well over my pay grade but I hope someone here wins! Good luck bidders.
    Oh....and Stephen King signed it...

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Oh....and Stephen King signed it...
    Oh yeah, that too.
    It's an awesome item and will do great!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for more info, last year Maitz did three of these books; each with different art, and King signed all three.
    This year, there is only one. I know $699 is a steep opening, but last year all three sold for over $800.
    Last year King signed in blue ink, this is signed in black ink.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best this year IMO. That's going to be the P&J of someone's collection. Man, I should really wait before I bid on other stuff to see what's coming next. But then again, I want them all so I reckon that point is moot

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I got it started.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that artwork... and the signatures, of course!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got it started.
    Knowing you, if you desire it, you'll win.
    This isn't an auction that will "be pulled".

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An absolutely stunning item! Top Drawer!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!! That's a particularly remarkable remarque!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A wonderful piece. Don easily does some of the best remarques. Good luck everyone.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Black ink! I'm in!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible Remarque, and a signed Gift edition! very nice indeed.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

God, approves of this auction.............................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad I'm tapped out! Go for it Bob!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Note to whoever wins it, sure hope you don't plan on reselling it based on what is going on over in the Classifieds Thread....

Unbelievable.

Anyway, nice piece Flaaaaaaagg.

Goldmember Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about

It is a scary thing to get a book, a really nice book, and decide to "add something" in the hopes it might increase the value. A signature is a safe venture but still even that comes with a little trepidation, where should I put it, what pen should I use. The process of adding a remarque is much more challenging and riddled with the worry of what if I f--- it up. If something goes wrong then this book that so many people worked together to produce, becomes a worthless stack of paper because I had the temerity to improve upon it. A pencil drawing can get smudged, if too soft a pencil is used. The paper gets dented or worse, torn if too hard a pencil is used. Ink is irrevocable if it goes wrong and very hard to fix a mistake. The watercolor i use has to go on dry or the paper buckles or bleeds through the other side. HA! and you all thought King's writing is scary.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Note to whoever wins it, sure hope you don't plan on reselling it based on what is going on over in the Classifieds Thread....

Unbelievable.

Really? I'm pretty sure nearly every member supported his actions.

Edit: it sounds like you are bashing Brian but may be supporting him? May want to revise if you are supporting Brian. Doesn't read well if that's your intent.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unbelievable.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Unbelievable.

I am pretty sure Nick... he is supporting what everyone was saying is how I take it. I think he was being a bit sarcastic brother...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Unbelievable.

As do I.

Perhaps you mis-interpreted my post....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Don Maitz View Post
    It is a scary thing to get a book, a really nice book, and decide to "add something" in the hopes it might increase the value. A signature is a safe venture but still even that comes with a little trepidation, where should I put it, what pen should I use. The process of adding a remarque is much more challenging and riddled with the worry of what if I f--- it up. If something goes wrong then this book that so many people worked together to produce, becomes a worthless stack of paper because I had the temerity to improve upon it. A pencil drawing can get smudged, if too soft a pencil is used. The paper gets dented or worse, torn if too hard a pencil is used. Ink is irrevocable if it goes wrong and very hard to fix a mistake. The watercolor i use has to go on dry or the paper buckles or bleeds through the other side. HA! and you all thought King's writing is scary.
    You did an awesome job, Mr. Maitz. An absolutely wonderful gift to the HF and to the collector who scores it at end of auction. Best Remarque I've personally seen to date IMO.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed! A wonderful job.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Don Maitz View Post
    DON,
    I believe we seldom think of the trepidation an artist can feel when adding his personal touch to a special copy of a book. You have shown us the ability to provide such fabulous artwork and I regret that we likely take too for granted the concerns you as an artist are confronted with while adding your creative touch to a project like this. I thank you again for your efforts artistically and the relationship you have developed to have Mr, King sign the items you provide for the benefit of The Haven Foundation.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast