Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fundraiser Tease

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OH MY GOD, THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Polombo original painting:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

MAN his work is AMAZING! Forgive me ignorance my man... what is this from?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been DYING to see how The Stand was going to turn out! It's been tough not to drop big hints about it. Is this the Alex McVey work? It really looks great! I hope this One Of A Kind, never to be repeated item is the barn-stormer auction that it deserves to be!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I've been DYING to see how The Stand was going to turn out! It's been tough not to drop big hints about it. Is this the Alex McVey work? It really looks great! I hope this One Of A Kind, never to be repeated item is the barn-stormer auction that it deserves to be!
    There are going to be two different "The Stand" special editions. One has McVey art and is going in the "Schneider" case (the case made by Dolso that has the Captain Trips antidote syringe).
    The other has a two page Drawing/painting by Ned Dameron and is going to be custom bound in leather, have marbled endpapers and housed in a slipcase.

I sure hope people have received their tax refunds as these next 8 weeks are going to be insane!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

'Salem's Lot

He has a title for it, but I can't recall the name. I'm looking for the email with more info.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

'Salem's Lot

He has a title for it, but I can't recall the name. I'm looking for the email with more info.
    The title is Charlie Rhodes. He is the bus driver. I think this is the scene after the kids turn?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Palumbo piece!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

The title is Charlie Rhodes. He is the bus driver. I think this is the scene after the kids turn?
    Yes.

Brief excerpt from 'Salem's Lot:

Now, from outside, the maddening sound of his horn, running down the battery, really laying on it:
    WHONK, WHONNK, WHOONNNNNNNNK —
    'You sons of whores,' he whispered, and slid out of bed. He dragged his pants on without using the light. The light would scare the little scumbags away, and he didn't want that.
    Another time, someone had left a cow pie on his driver's seat, and he had a pretty good idea of who had done that, too. You could read it in their eyes. He had learned that standing guard at the repple depple in the war. He had taken care of the cow-pie business in his own way. Kicked the little son of a whore off the bus three days' running, four miles from home. The kid finally came to him crying.
    I ain't done nothin', Mr Rhodes. Why you keep kickin' me off.?
    You call puttin' a cow flop on my seat nothin'?
    No, that wasn't me. Honest to God it wasn't.
    Well, you had to hand it to them. They could lie to their own mothers with a clear and smiling face, and they probably did it, too. He had kicked the kid off two more nights and then he had confessed, by the Jesus. Charlie kicked him off once more — one to grow on, you might say — and then Dave Felsen down at the motor pool told him he better cool it for a while.
    WHONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK*
    He grabbed his shirt and then got the old tennis racket standing in the corner. By Christ, he was going to whip some ass tonight!
    He went out the back door and around the house to where he kept the big yellow bus parked. He felt tough and coldly competent. This was infiltration, just like the Army.
    He paused behind the oleander bush and looked at the bus. Yes, he could see them, a whole bunch of them, darker shapes behind the night-darkened glass. He felt the old red rage, the hate of them like hot ice, and his grip on the tennis racket tightened until it trembled in his hand like a tuning fork. They had busted out — six, seven, eight — eight windows on his bus!
    He slipped behind it and then crept up the long yellow side to the passenger door. It was folded open. He tensed, and suddenly sprang up the steps. 'All right! Stay where you are! Kid, lay off that goddamn horn or I'll — '
    The kid sitting in the driver's seat with both hands plastered on the horn ring turned to him and smiled crazily. Charlie felt a sickening drop in his gut. It was Richie Boddin. He was white — just as white as a sheet — except for the black chips of coal that were his eyes, and his lips, which were ruby red.
    And his teeth —
    Charlie Rhodes looked down the aisle.
    Was that Mike Philbrook? Audie James? God Almighty, the Griffen boys were down there! Hal and Jack, sitting near the back with hay in their hair. But they don't ride on my bus! Mary Kate Greigson and Brent Tenney, sitting side by side. She was in a nightgown, he in blue jeans and a flannel shirt that was on backward and inside out, as if he had forgotten how to dress himself.
    And Danny Glick. But — oh, Christ — he was dead; dead for weeks!
    'You,' he said through numb lips. 'You kids — '
    The tennis racket slid from his hand. There was a wheeze and a thump as Richie Boddin, still smiling that crazy smile, worked the chrome lever that shut the folding door. They were getting out of their seats now, all of them.
    'No,' he said, trying to smile. 'You kids . . . you don't understand. It's me. It's Charlie Rhodes. You . . . you . . .' He grinned at them without meaning, shook his head, held out his hands to show them they were just ole Charlie Rhodes's hands, blameless, and backed up until his back was jammed against the wide tinted glass of the windshield.
    'Don't,' he whispered.
    They came on, grinning. 'Please don't.'
    And fell on him.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As one can see from this image, the case that will be auctioned is a deep green color. It's truly magnificent.

Open case (note, this is the black case with the book in it, the green case opens from right to left, versus left to right):

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some pretty amazing treats in store!!!!

That may well be the finest "Dolso" case he has done for a, King book!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have some inquiry's about the gunslinger cases, so this is where I'm at....
    This year I finished the long process of finishing a project from a few years ago that was shelved for various reasons, mostly lack of art.
    Jerome was able to acquire donated art from Dameron with the understanding that one of the finished cases would be donated to the Haven fund.
    Jerome is the sole owner of the black cases he's referenced "righty".
    The red & grey "righty" cases belong to me.
    In addition there were a few "lefty" cases, one of which is the sole "green case" (this previously mentioned case is the one I donated to the haven fund)
    The other "lefty" cases are mine as well.
    For the record.... In all, there will never be more than 11 cases with the Dameron art produced.
    (a few of the eleven are in limbo)

P.S. The previously posted Red Dameron case is no longer available.

P.S.S To Jerome, thank you for your help.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I have some inquiry's about the gunslinger cases, so this is where I'm at....
    This year I finished the long process of finishing a project from a few years ago that was shelved for various reasons, mostly lack of art.
    Jerome was able to acquire donated art from Dameron with the understanding that one of the finished cases would be donated to the Haven fund.
    Jerome is the sole owner of the black cases he's referenced "righty".
    The red & grey "righty" cases belong to me.
    In addition there were a few "lefty" cases, one of which is the sole "green case" (this previously mentioned case is the one I donated to the haven fund)
    The other "lefty" cases are mine as well.
    For the record.... In all, there will never be more than 11 cases with the Dameron art produced.
    (a few of the eleven are in limbo)

P.S. The previously posted Red Dameron case is no longer available.

P.S.S To Jerome, thank you for your help. And a huge "HUGE" thank you to Ned Dameron
    Added thanks to Ned Dameron above

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks!!! We're trying to raise awareness with other collecting communities. In that regard, Mr. Drew from "Reddits" has established a venue to raise awareness for the HF auctions. If you can take a moment and post a comment, I am told that multiple posts from multiple individuals raises the posts standing and awareness. A few words, a short comment will help greatly as we post the current auctions to this thread. Many thanks for all your help and support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/com...lf_of_stephen/
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's likely I will put the second custom bound Bachman Books up for auction on Sunday. This is the edition signed by King.
    If the winner of the first auction wins this one, they will receive two original Maitz pencil concept drawings of the Running Man, a second signed but unused original art print by Kocurek (Roadwork), and one (perhaps more) other surprise item. If that doesn't happen, the bonus items will either be auctioned, or used as prizes for our Fundraiser drawing.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's likely I will put the second custom bound Bachman Books up for auction on Sunday. This is the edition signed by King.
    If the winner of the first auction wins this one, they will receive two original Maitz pencil concept drawings of the Running Man, a second signed but unused original art print by Kocurek (Roadwork), and one (perhaps more) other surprise item. If that doesn't happen, the bonus items will either be auctioned, or used as prizes for our Fundraiser drawing.
    I guess we will see how bad David wants those extra goodies

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if the previous winner (the identity I won't reveal) wants the second book and thus the bonus items.
    The highest bidder wins. I hate the fees from ebay and Paypal, but it's the only way to maximize exposure and fairly receive the maximum amount possible. I could offer the book without the fees to a person or two, and likely yield more for the fundraiser, but that isn't going to happen.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if the previous winner (the identity I won't reveal) wants the second book and thus the bonus items.
    The highest bidder wins. I hate the fees from ebay and Paypal, but it's the only way to maximize exposure and fairly receive the maximum amount possible. I could offer the book without the fees to a person or two, and likely yield more for the fundraiser, but that isn't going to happen.
    I wish Ebay could offer no fees or reduced fees for charity items. I'm guessing it would be hard to enforce but it would be nice.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If someone from the forum wins it why not just cancel the Ebay and go through the Paypal for it. Save the Fees since it is "all in the family"

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    If someone from the forum wins it why not just cancel the Ebay and go through the Paypal for it. Save the Fees since it is "all in the family"

Once the auction closes, you can't cancel without fees, and or the auction goes to the next highest bidder. The only fees to be saved are the PP fees if a member pays via a check, or PP gift.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OR, buyer can send you a stack of $100 bills from a cash tree.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    OR, buyer can send you a stack of $100 bills from a cash tree.....
    Don't laugh, it's happened before.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the book back from the binder today.

The Stand with Dameron art.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast