Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The signed GERALD'S GAME is really awesome. May I ask for a closeup picture?
    I am struggling to read the inscription...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    They may be the usual suspects, but you gotta have them for a proof collection. Congrats on these! The UK UTD is fairly scarce.

Edit: Forgot to say, those bookcases look great.
    Paul, you are right. I was lucky to find the UK UTD and it still has its plastic cover in great shape. I love the bookcases too and can't wait to start filling them up. Right now they are in the hallway outside my office and I'd like to fit them in my office proper, but don't have the room. I like to keep my eyes on my books!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Great new proofs! Great deal on the bookcases, as well.
    Thanks, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    WOW!!!!
    Thanks, Merlin!

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Those bookcases were a steal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yes, they were!!! Great bargain hunting!!!
    When I saw them, I knew I had to had them and was prepared to pay more, but the seller took my first offer. I was thrilled. I'd love to find more if I could, but they are usually so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Those are amazing proof Jeff. Congrats !!
    Thanks, Shac! They are so tough to come by.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All the proofs in part 3 look in perfect condition, Congratulations! The UK UTD is rare with the plastic slipcase. They are pretty delicate and many have not survived or are cracked. I was lucky to find one in London in April while visiting. I still haven't found a BOBD proof though! UK or US!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Absolutely! I love this one, too! Here you go:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    All the proofs in part 3 look in perfect condition, Congratulations! The UK UTD is rare with the plastic slipcase. They are pretty delicate and many have not survived or are cracked. I was lucky to find one in London in April while visiting. I still haven't found a BOBD proof though! UK or US!
    Thanks, Jon! I didn't know the UK UTD slipcase was so fragile. I will be very careful with it--thanks for the heads up! I was exchanging posts with jhanic a few days ago and we were discussing the apparent scarcity of BOBD proofs. I don't think I'm speaking out of school because our exchange was on a public thread and not private, but he mentioned he would probably be offering one for sale at the beginning of next year.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post

A truly amazing lengthy inscription! Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

A truly amazing lengthy inscription! Thanks !
    Just so there is no confusion, the note to the Constant Reader and the inscription itself are pre-printed on the page of all the Gerald's Game hard copy proofs. King scratched out "Constant Reader" and inscribed it to "Phil" and then scratched out the pre-printed signature and flat signed beneath the pre-printed signature. In any event, I still think it's pretty cool and had not seen one signed like this previously.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All very, very nice!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jon! I didn't know the UK UTD slipcase was so fragile. I will be very careful with it--thanks for the heads up! I was exchanging posts with jhanic a few days ago and we were discussing the apparent scarcity of BOBD proofs. I don't think I'm speaking out of school because our exchange was on a public thread and not private, but he mentioned he would probably be offering one for sale at the beginning of next year.
    Thanks for heads up on BOBD proof, Jeff.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A M A Z I N G STUFF !!!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats a fantastic collection, very curious to see more!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cemetery Dance Proofs

While I understand many don't like collecting proofs of reprints or anniversary editions, I really enjoy collecting the Cemetery Dance proofs. Rather than thinking of them as reprints, I think of them as being proofs of signed limited and/or artist editions. I guess it's all in one's perspective. Can you imagine what a proof of a Phantasia Press Firestarter or The Mysterious Press Cujo might go for today--I wonder if any exist??? Also, while I may never own a Doubleday proof of Salem's Lot or The Stand, I at least have a chance to own one from CD. I think one of the best deals ever offered by CD was the SK Grab Bag that brought a lot of the very difficult to find proofs to the marketplace. I was very active on eBay and trading/purchasing with a few dt.org members to try and grab as many as I could before the supply dried up. As far as King CD proofs go, I'm off to a pretty good start. My understanding is that there is not an in-house or advance review copy of the CD From a Buick 8 limited edition. While I have the in-house Doctor Sleep, I haven't seen a review copy of the limited edition. Does one exist?

Here's what I have collected so far from CD:

Blockade Billy Advance Review Copy I picked up a copy of the traycase on one of CD's big sales and like to keep copies of the proofs in these when they are available. I also picked up one for the Riding the bullet ARC.

Full Dark No Star proofs Fortunately, I have been able to pick up all three versions of this one.

The Dark Man proofs

IT proofs

Secretary of Dreams proof I still need Vol. 1 and am unsure if an in-house proof of this one exists.

Riding the Bullet proof

Faithful This one was a tough one for me to find. I'm not sure how many of these are out there.

Doctor Sleep proof Does anyone have a copy of the Doctor Sleep ARC or know if one exists? The in-house proof is below.

Carrie proof Advance Review Copy and In-House Version

Stephen King related proofs

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's a comprehensive collection of CD proofs. Do you bother with the unbound proofs? I think that's the only CD bound proof of Doctor Sleep (that's the one I have).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

While I understand many don't like collecting proofs of reprints or anniversary editions, I really enjoy collecting the Cemetery Dance proofs. Rather than thinking of them as reprints, I think of them as being proofs of signed limited and/or artist editions. I guess it's all in one's perspective. Can you imagine what a proof of a Phantasia Press Firestarter or The Mysterious Press Cujo might go for today--I wonder if any exist??? Also, while I may never own a Doubleday proof of Salem's Lot or The Stand, I at least have a chance to own one from CD. I think one of the best deals ever offered by CD was the SK Grab Bag that brought a lot of the very difficult to find proofs to the marketplace. I was very active on eBay and trading/purchasing with a few dt.org members to try and grab as many as I could before the supply dried up. As far as King CD proofs go, I'm off to a pretty good start. My understanding is that there is not an in-house or advance review copy of the CD From a Buick 8 limited edition. While I have the in-house Doctor Sleep, I haven't seen a review copy of the limited edition. Does one exist?
    I've never seen nor heard of a Phantasia Press proof for Firestarter. I do have a proof for Stalking The Nightmare by Harlan Ellison with a King introduction published by Phantasia Press in 1982 which was just 2 years after they did Firestarter. So it seems possible that a proof exists. If one exists it will probably be discovered soon by neo_trinity.

The Mysterious Press limited of Cujo used the same text block as the Viking trade edition so I doubt they had any reason to do a proof.

I only have the Doctor Sleep proof from CD that you do. I haven't seen any other variant.

Nice photos!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's a comprehensive collection of CD proofs. Do you bother with the unbound proofs? I think that's the only CD bound proof of Doctor Sleep (that's the one I have).
    I have a few of the unbound proofs (pics posted earlier in the thread), but I'm not actively searching for any with the exception of IT. I really like to have that one. Thanks for the nice comments.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've never seen nor heard of a Phantasia Press proof for Firestarter. I do have a proof for Stalking The Nightmare by Harlan Ellison with a King introduction published by Phantasia Press in 1982 which was just 2 years after they did Firestarter. So it seems possible that a proof exists. If one exists it will probably be discovered soon by neo_trinity.

The Mysterious Press limited of Cujo used the same text block as the Viking trade edition so I doubt they had any reason to do a proof.

I only have the Doctor Sleep proof from CD that you do. I haven't seen any other variant.

Nice photos!
    Thanks for the information and the kind words! The Phantasia Press Stalking the Nightmare proof sounds pretty cool. I agree, the existence of the Stalking the Nightmare makes you think maybe a Firestarter is out there and if it does exist, neo_trinity will find it or knows the answer as to its existence. Good point on the Cujo and I doubt another variant of Doctor Sleep exists. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and that Santa was good to you!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a few of the unbound proofs (pics posted earlier in the thread), but I'm not actively searching for any with the exception of IT. I really like to have that one. Thanks for the nice comments.
    Ahh! Yes, I have just gone back and spotted them. I, too, would like the IT unbound but I've never seen one up for sale. Very nice proof collection btw. Congratulations.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jeff. I also collect the CD proofs, although not so much of the unbound ones. I have a few but like you, I haven't really gone after them. Of the ones you posted I'm missing the IT shown on the left and those Dark Man proofs. Congratulations!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a picture of the CD Secretary of Dreams Volume One proof:

As you've noted, it's more scarce than the Volume Two one.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a collector of CD proofs but I appreciate that other collectors like them, and I'm impressed by your collection. Very nice! And I learned something about myself from your post - I realize that I'm collecting US proofs from specific publishers and have no interest in others (I always thought of my 'selection' as being defined by certain years of publication). In my case they are Doubleday, Viking and Putnam.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I am not a collector of CD proofs but I appreciate that other collectors like them, and I'm impressed by your collection. Very nice! And I learned something about myself from your post - I realize that I'm collecting US proofs from specific publishers and have no interest in others (I always thought of my 'selection' as being defined by certain years of publication). In my case they are Doubleday, Viking and Putnam.
    Michael, thanks for the kind words! I also find it funny when a chance encounter with something leads me to an insight I had not otherwise thought of.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Here's a picture of the CD Secretary of Dreams Volume One proof:

As you've noted, it's more scarce than the Volume Two one.
    Thanks, John!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice Jeff. I also collect the CD proofs, although not so much of the unbound ones. I have a few but like you, I haven't really gone after them. Of the ones you posted I'm missing the IT shown on the left and those Dark Man proofs. Congratulations!
    Good luck to us both in filling in holes in 2016 AND at a good price! After David's Christmas sales, Christmas itself and my never ending problem with impulsive purchasing, I'm tapped out.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If one exists it will probably be discovered soon by neo_trinity.
    Ain't that the truth!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast