Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I absolutely love collecting Manuscripts, proofs and ARCs. I have a fairly extensive collection of non-Stephen King items (only modern fiction) and have only been collecting King related pre-publication material over the past couple of years. Needless to say, collecting pre-publication material is challenging and generally expensive as those on this board can attest. As far as King related material, most of what I have acquired so far is readily available and can be found in most other King proof collections. While I am off to a decent start, I have a VERY long way to go and am looking forward to growing my pre-publication collection. I'll try and post what I think are some of my cooler/htf/different manuscripts and proofs first. Here are a couple of manuscripts I stumbled upon:

Misery manuscript with unusual "rejection" recommendation--just posting the first and last page of the letter. If anyone is familiar with the names in the letter, please let me know. This just seemed to me to be a really unusual and cool piece, particularly with the accompanying letter.

Bag of Bones loose unbound Manuscript without letter (in excess of 1000 pages)

A couple of Cemetery Dance unbound manuscripts from the SK Collector Grab bag:

TGWLTG Pop-Up edition white binder proof

I'll try and post some more proof pics in the next several days. Thanks to all for the generous comments.
    I love these things also. Very, very nice!

John

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow- way cool!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    WOW!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Wow- way cool!
    Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I love these things also. Very, very nice!
    I appreciate the help you have given me answering questions and being a great resource. Thank you!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I don't think I've seen that Misery manuscript before.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Drooling right now! Very rare stuff, love the manuscripts in particular!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default More Proofs

Signed and dated Firestarter As everyone knows, finding flatsigned proofs dated at or near the date of publication is tough! This one is inscribed to Stuart. My understanding based on conversations with others, although not confirmed, is that it is inscribed to Stuart Schiff of Whispers Magazine. This proof came from David at Bett's during his "Proof-a-palooza."

Signed and dated Gerald's Game Another darktower.org member who has been very generous and helpful to me in building my collection is the Room 217 Caretaker (Ralph). Ralph has generously sold me quite a few proofs and many cool items that are now in my Joe Hill collection. It is people like Ralph that make this site such a wonderful place to hang out and interact. I purchased this signed and dated proof from Ralph. I really like how King scratched through the date and his name and replaced them with the date of his signature and then his real signature.

Full Dark No Stars Black tape proof My understanding is that this proof is extremely rare and that there are very, very few known to exist. This is my "even a blind pig can find an acorn" proof in that I just happened to be on eBay at the right time (immediately after it was listed) and happened to be the one quick on the trigger.

More to come.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I dig the signed Gerald's Game and the way he signed it. That's very cool and never seen that before. Of course, the FDNS is wonderful. Your timing was perfect on that one. As you know, I missed it by seconds or minutes. My signed Firestarter proof is dated one day later. That's a nice association copy you have. Congratulations!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Now we're talking! That Firestarter proof is magnificent! And I really dig those Gerald's Game and FDNS proofs as well. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic new posts. I really like the manuscripts and the signed proofs. Very jealous. Congratulations Jeff.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding! I love seeing all these unique/rare pieces.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I dig the signed Gerald's Game and the way he signed it. That's very cool and never seen that before. Of course, the FDNS is wonderful. Your timing was perfect on that one. As you know, I missed it by seconds or minutes. My signed Firestarter proof is dated one day later. That's a nice association copy you have. Congratulations!
    Paul, I know--right place, right time on the FDNS--doesn't happen too often though. Thank you for the nice comments and the support. As you know, proof collecting is so much fun and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Now we're talking! That Firestarter proof is magnificent! And I really dig those Gerald's Game and FDNS proofs as well. Looking forward to seeing the rest!
    Michael, I've enjoyed reading through your collection thread. I'm on the lookout for the US and UK IT just like you recently acquired. Nice pickups. Also, thank you for the encouragement! I just wish so many King proofs weren't so darn expensive and hard to find!

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Fantastic new posts. I really like the manuscripts and the signed proofs. Very jealous. Congratulations Jeff.
    Thank you, Jon! The signed ones are really elusive. It's so nice to have so many other proof collectors to interact with.

Country
    Country Flag

Default More Proofs part 2

Bag of Bones Bookseller presentation copy 1/100 Although the Bag of Bones ARC is in abundant supply, my understanding is that King sent signed and inscribed copies of the ARC to 100 lucky booksellers. This is one of those copies.

The Dark Tower proofs I've got a long way to go on this series, but at least I'm off to a decent start on the U.S. proofs--I don't any of the UK Dark Tower series proofs. Naturally, I am missing all of the Gunslinger proofs and only have the common version of the Drawing of the Three. I need to find a Wastelands, Plume and Grant. Fortunately, I do have the Wizard and Glass WITH prints thanks to the Room 217 Caretaker. I stumbled on to the WTTKH proof on eBay in a lucky deal since it is somewhat hard to find. Based on the catalogue and what I've read, there is no LSOE proof, right? Here is what I have of the Dark Tower series proofs:

Photo of Drawing of the Three and Wizard & Glass with prints (letter)

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Apparently there is one known copy of a LSOE proof according to John's main list.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Apparently there is one known copy of a LSOE proof according to John's main list.
    Very interesting! Is there a pic somewhere? Thanks, Paul.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen it. Would be great to see a pic.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Ari posted about a LSOE proof after seeing a (the?) copy during his visit to the publisher on one of his trips to the US. If I recall correctly.

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen it. Would be great to see a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I think Ari posted about a LSOE proof after seeing a (the?) copy during his visit to the publisher on one of his trips to the US. If I recall correctly.
    I'll stumble around and see if I can find a copy in any of Ari's posts. Thanks for the quick response guys!

Country
    Country Flag

Default More Proofs part 3

Just some usual suspects in this round:

I just picked up some lawyer's cabinets at an estate sale for $100.00 each and plan to display proofs and other King items in these--I just haven't had time to set them up :

Last edited by jcmanske; 01-05-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added photo

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: jcmanske

They may be the usual suspects, but you gotta have them for a proof collection. Congrats on these! The UK UTD is fairly scarce.

Edit: Forgot to say, those bookcases look great.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great new proofs! Great deal on the bookcases, as well.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Those bookcases were a steal!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Those bookcases were a steal!

Yes, they were!!! Great bargain hunting!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are amazing proof Jeff. Congrats !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast