Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rare 'Salems Lot Proof - Ebay auction

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Rare 'Salems Lot Proof - Ebay auction

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is an Advance Office Proof of 'Salem's Lot soon to be published by Cemetery Dance.
    There were very few of these produced, and finding one in unread condition is rare!

Thanks to Cemetery Dance for this incredibly kind donation.
    Less than two weeks ago a similar copy sold for over $3,000.
    No reserve!
    Note: the pictures show the book to be in "as new" condition. It's never been read and is exactly as it would be if shipped directly from the publisher. As with all ARC's/Proofs any imperfection is a result of the process. Please check the high resolution images.
    There are two marks on the page block. These were part of CD's in house marking, and are to be expected.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Out of my price range, but very cool!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Out of my price range, but very cool!
    Only $399 right now with zero bids.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! That's a very kind and generous donation. Many thanks, Brian and the folks at CD!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wow!! That's a very kind and generous donation. Many thanks, Brian and the folks at CD!!!
    + 1

That is a super cool donation from CD!!!

Brian and all the fine folks at CD, absolutely ROCK!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will CD send a newsletter too about that one?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Will CD send a newsletter too about that one?
    I hope they do... But I was under the understanding that it never actually went for $3k?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they do as well. Otherwise, how would the "average collector" that uses eBay as the primary vehicle to acquire, know that this is a very unique proof in that its content was never published as reflected in the proof?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this for HF 16?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Is this for HF 16?
    Yes it is.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's my birthday coming up in a few weeks! but I'd do better to stay out of the proof market. Yes, though it may not have sold for $3k, I don't mind the inclusion of that auction as reference point for the sake of the HF.

I think that auction partially swelled as much as it did by the CD Newsletter mention and subsequent info, so I hope that they can give this a mention too.

This is an incredibly generous gift from Cemetery Dance on one of the very iconic proofs out there, and bound in such a beautiful way! Brian & CD really it out of the park on this. It just another reason why they remain one of my favorite high end publisher.

Had anyone posted this in the appropriate places on the CD Forum? How about a combo CD/PS proof combo, Pete?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fyi, the companion proof for this (2nd version) goes up for auction in a few hours.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Fyi, the companion proof for this (2nd version) goes up for auction in a few hours.
    Would they potentially garner more $ for HF as a set?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Would they potentially garner more $ for HF as a set?
    No.
    Past experience has shown that the market dictates each item's price.
    If someone wants both, they will win both auctions.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI,

2nd Proof/Arc up for auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201429033724?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's going to be interesting to see how much each of these end up selling for.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how much each of these end up selling for.
    The more the better.
    It's for our Haven Foundation Fundraiser.
    I don't profit (and in fact spend 100's of hours for free) from a higher price.

Bid away!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

With these proofs I predict the 2016 HF will be starting off with a bang.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive! Cemetery Dance never ceases to amaze with their generosity and support.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.. maybe an email blast like before from them might help a bit... well more like a LOT. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can these be cross-posted to the other various SK groups and forums (within their rules of course), and if so, do you want them to link to the eBay pay or to the initial TDT.org posting?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Agreed.. maybe an email blast like before from them might help a bit... well more like a LOT. lol
    Just might happen soon...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just might happen soon...
    Big thanks to Brian and CD AGAIN then
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, CD email:

SPECIAL ALERT for Stephen King collectors!

We decided to donate a very rare item to The Dark Tower message board community for their annual fundraiser for The Haven Foundation, which is STEPHEN KING’s personal foundation to help injured or ill artists who cannot work. 100% of the proceeds go to The Haven Foundation!

This item is our INTER-OFFICE PROOF OF 'SALEM'S LOT. Only a couple of these proofs have ever left our office and there can't be many in mint condition like this because we only printed 20 copies total. **Most of our copies were used/marked up in production.** The text in this proof is from BEFORE we discovered that certain recent reprint editions of ‘SALEM’S LOT had left out some of Stephen King’s formatting and italicizing choices, so the text is a little different from what will appear in the final book we publish this fall. This proof version also has the bonus material in a different order than the final book’s TOC, making it a pretty unique look at what might have been.

* YOU CAN SEE THE AUCTION HERE:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201428207142

IN ADDITION, we also donated an advance review copy of our edition of ‘SALEM’S LOT to be auctioned. This is also a slightly different version of the text than what readers will find in the final book. Only 50 of these were produced and most of them will be “used” by reviewers reviewing the book, so a mint condition copy could be very hard to find in the future!

* YOU CAN SEE THE SECOND AUCTION HERE:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201429033724

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

******Tomas (TheCollector) is also sporting a link on his website. You guys think this is our first rodeo? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

That is truly AWESOME!!!!

A HUGE thank you to Brian and everyone at CD for this!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast