Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin1958 (Bill) hospitalized. Update-Now home

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Bill. Glad you are mending! After my bike/car accident I had to go to physical therapy for many many months. While it's not always fun and can be challenging, the key was to find a physical therapist that was good. I didn't like my first one and switched to a new place. It was day and night difference. I wish you the best through this.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Bill. I'm also a type 2 diabetic but it seems to be very well under control (so far.) I'll be sure to keep up on what my body's doing from now on even more diligently.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is a heck of an ordeal, Bill. Very glad you made it through and are on the mend. Lots of good thoughts and prayers were sent your way from everyone here, as you know.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well shit now I feel like I need to quit drinking soda, lay off the sweets and work out more... Glad everything turned out good for you Bill. Happy to have you back...

Spoiler:
    Now get back to work, HF 16 ain't going to happen without you!
    Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Yay! Its awesome news to hear that youre home, Bill. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

edit:
    Holy crapola! The tale of your 'medical adventure' makes me think your recovery progress is nothing short of amazing! Im happy you beat those odds and are now able to tell the docs exactly what they can do with 'the plug'.
    You're spot on there my Lady. Given the severity of the situation the doctors were amazed at the speed of recovery once I got out of the ICU.

I still have a long road to hoe and it can take a left hand turn anytime, but things are looking a whole heckuva lot better than before. I like to think you folks had something to do with that.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Yay! Its awesome news to hear that youre home, Bill. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

edit:
    Holy crapola! The tale of your 'medical adventure' makes me think your recovery progress is nothing short of amazing! Im happy you beat those odds and are now able to tell the docs exactly what they can do with 'the plug'.
    You're spot on there my Lady. Given the severity of the situation the doctors were amazed at the speed of recovery once I got out of the ICU.

I still have a long road to hoe and it can take a left hand turn anytime, but things are looking a whole heckuva lot better than before. I like to think you folks had something to do with that.

but nobody can hoe... like the Haven Ho

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What an experience. It's amazing that your back home after a a relatively short stay.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I'm Nick. I'm pretty much a from-time-to-time poster and reader here. But I signed up years ago, and from what I've read in all your numerous posts you're a hell of a great guy. I can't believe I missed all this, but I'm very happy for you and your family - here and at home - that you're feeling better

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    Bill, I'm Nick. I'm pretty much a from-time-to-time poster and reader here. But I signed up years ago, and from what I've read in all your numerous posts you're a hell of a great guy. I can't believe I missed all this, but I'm very happy for you and your family - here and at home - that you're feeling better

I remember you, Mr. Mort and thank you for the kind words.

Okay, I went through all the cards and letters again today and started to break them down for responses. It seems I have two basic categories, those who listed a return address and those that didn't. So, I'm thinking the best way for me to show my appreciation to all you wonderful people for your well wishes and good thoughts is to construct one massive "Thank You" post that lists all those that sent along your prayers and then hand write cards back to all those that listed an address. Those that sent their thoughts via the "post card", Jerome and Kris so marvelously constructed can see the results up thread and know that my heart felt thanks are extended to each and every one of you. Rest assured that the "post card" will be a fixture in my collection and displayed prominently for many years to come (hopefully)!!!

Seems to me to be the only equitable way to attack the project and should do wonders to improve my coordination skills as well. So, in a way, you will all be actively lending a hand in my actual recovery.

Know this, there are really no words to describe the impact and appreciation my family and I have for such a massive out pouring of support for my situation. I never saw it coming and it just blew us all away. Beisdes the personal boost I got from seeing all those "Get Well wishes" it had the added bonus of making you all very real to the rest of my family. You guys are no longer my (said in whisper's) "virtual" friends to them, but actual caring folks that are a part of my life and this amazing community.

I'll get right on it tomorrow. Jerome, if you have any ideas or suggestions on the format of the post for thread purposes feel free to jump in and edit away, much as you did in organizing this amazing response. I don't know what else to say to you people except the simple, but still HUGE feeling of thanks to you all!!!

Spoiler:
    ...And not a single "LOL" in this entire post!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I can speak for most here on this... Bill... why don't you rest up and just get well... don't worry about sending each person a thank you, we're all just happy you are out of the hospital and now just want you to get fully recovered. There will be plenty of time for you to send everyone a signed King book from your collection as a thank you in the future.....Please consider just taking it easy for now.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I think I can speak for most here on this... Bill... why don't you rest up and just get well... don't worry about sending each person a thank you, we're all just happy you are out of the hospital and now just want you to get fully recovered. Please consider just taking it easy for now.
    Amen to that!

sk

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    There will be plenty of time for you to send everyone a signed King book from your collection as a thank you in the future.....
    Amen to THAT!

Seriously Bill, try not to run before you can walk my friend. If it somehow helps with the recovery then great, but take it slow.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I echo those sentiments pal. the only thanks we need is to see you here and improving....

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Bill, don't go paddling up-river too soon. If you really want to and it helps you then go ahead but don't worry about doing it for everyone here. We all know how much you care and that you are more than thankful! We also know that had it been one of us you would have done the same and no doubt a lot more besides. Take good care of yourself first and foremost.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly appreciate the concern, but it is the least I can do to recognize the support you have all offered. Beside's, it beats re-runs of some lame TV sit-com and will undoubtably be a helpful exercise to include with my therapy. I'll take it slow and steady. Have no fear, I don't think the proverbial "Pen" will be what gets me in the end!!! LOL

Writing a few notes of "thanks" can't be any worse than what the, Physical Therapists have in store for me as I embark upon my new "out patient" regimen today.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    ...And not a single "LOL" in this entire post!!!
    Except that one! Glad too hear you're on the mend. Keep up the good work buddy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bill! Glad you're feeling better! And you're darned right - we're real!!! Even though I'm a Cardinals fan Please please please - take it slow, steady, and easy! I think you're my third friend who's returned from a stay in hospital in the past month.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill,
    Take it easy!
    Not trying to scare anyone but these are all true stories from just last week.....
    We had a friend last week go in for an angioplasty, seems common, happens all the time. His blood pressure dropped and he died on the table.
    Then last week a guy I golfed with three weeks ago got a hole in one. He had a heart attack last week and died. He was in good shape!
    A friend of mine's brother had a heart attack last week and died.
    At my wife's company, a guy died. They hired someone to replace him and he was to start on Monday but died on Saturday before starting the job.
    This is all within one week!!
    Take it easy first and foremost...
    Glad to see you are back!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fer fecks sake Mike. We don't want to be your friend any more!

(Kidding.)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last week was like an episode of The Twilight Zone.....

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Life is precious and shouldn't be taken for granted that's for sure.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Bill,
    Take it easy!
    Not trying to scare anyone but these are all true stories from just last week.....
    We had a friend last week go in for an angioplasty, seems common, happens all the time. His blood pressure dropped and he died on the table.
    Then last week a guy I golfed with three weeks ago got a hole in one. He had a heart attack last week and died. He was in good shape!
    A friend of mine's brother had a heart attack last week and died.
    At my wife's company, a guy died. They hired someone to replace him and he was to start on Monday but died on Saturday before starting the job.
    This is all within one week!!
    Take it easy first and foremost...
    Glad to see you are back!
    Aren't you a ray of fucking sunshine!

What I'm going to take away from that is that Bill beat the odds.

Go Bill! Take it easy, but Go Bill!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes he did! Which is great news! No one knows what the future will bring-hopefully happiness and health (and MORE King stuff!!)...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, despite the "Twilight Zone" effect, Mike brings to the table I'm going to chance it. I'm headed to P/T in an hour, so there will be plenty of medical folks in attendance. Besides, if I keel over typing a "Thank You" to all you nice people I guess it was meant to be, so here goes (In no particular order).....

Sir Boome
    Frik
    Jimimck
    The Library Policeman
    Stroppygoblin
    Rachel Readman
    T-Dogz_AK47
    Theli
    Webstar1000
    Shannon
    Fernandito
    Needfulthings
    Xerrand
    Niels
    Moshe Prigan
    Cook
    The Collector (Tom Krysnsky)
    Jhanic
    Room 217 Caretaker
    Randall Flagg
    Don Maitz
    Glen Chadbourne
    Becca69
    Divemaster
    Zelig
    Sharkie69
    Ladysai
    Dnemec
    EXPLORER
    Dan
    Gunslinger41
    Still Servant
    Carlosdetweiller

PM's and posts....

Ben Staad
    Programmer
    Herbertwest

These are the folks that sent cards and letters listed above. On a side note, there were some pretty funny card submissions and we all know that laughter is great medicine. There were also some sincere notes included that also serve to inspire. To hopefully make sure I don't miss anyone, the "Postcard" that, Kris & Jerome put together is also included. If I missed anyone it was an accident and be sure to let me know and I'll amend the post.

Spoiler:

To all of you listed (non-listed? PM me) above, my heartfelt and sincere appreciation.

THANK YOU!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast