Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King-Finders Keepers Signing - 7/12/2015-Maine

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From SK board (by Ms. MOD)

"He might say a few words before the signing begins but this is just a straight signing. They moved it to the movie theater as the book store wasn't large enough to accommodate that many people and this way they wouldn't have lines out on the street. The book signing is to help the book store. It's a small independent and the sales of the books for the signing will be a big deal for them. This was something Steve set up to help his hometown store much more than for any increase to his sales numbers."

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Nice.... Hope he speaks a while.
    Thanks for posting this...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

He may be relaxed feeling he is close to home and addressing hiss local fans.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    so question...

If I decide to fly up... would it be better to fly/stay in portland rent a car and drive to Brighton...
    or
    fly/stay in Bangor and drive in from there for the signing.

is anyone else flying in... and if so, what are your plans?
    Portland for sure mate. The town is right next door... 2 hour drive if you were in Bangor.
    Manchester NH airport (MHT) is another option and I spotted some better priced flights (even non-stop) compared to other Bangor, Portland or Boston airports.
    Non-stop from Tampa or Orlando on SW for about $131

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

so... we need to get a list of members who are going... just because I'm cuprous how many of the 400 tickets belong to us DT'ers.....
    Since there has been a request for list, I grouped comments from this thread to give some indication of who all may be in attendance at Stephen King-Finders Keepers Signing - 7/12/2015-Maine

webstar1000 GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pasiuk57 My wife and I are going.
    wizardsrainbow There are plenty of us going...I might have left someone out but...me, RF, Tippy, Explorer (thank you Jim for finding this), RoseAnn Barr, Twisted Nadine, Webstar, Pasiuk57, Cook (I think)...maybe more
    mkb.redux We got ours. RF, I owe ya.
    _PCC_ I'm there!
    Rahfa I'm in too - I'm not even 100 percent sure I can make it, but after giving it some thought, investing the $30 for a ticket seemed like the smart play...I'm about 90 minutes away, so I can make it happen, and if I can't, no big loss.
    KingKornKarn I'm going as well, along with wife. We'll be over in the Adirondacks for vacation during that time and so I thought why not make the beautiful drive over?
    Kingfan24 Making a 15 hour drive to see my favorite author. I'm nuts...
    Sir_Boomme so... I bought a ticket (BTW... she says she has about 100 left)
    carlosdetweiller I just ordered two tickets. Now I have to wait for my wife to get home and tell her we are going to Maine next month.
    RichardX I got my tickets this afternoon. Surprised they were still available
    Randall Flagg I'm booked. Arriving in Bangor Saturday morning bright and early
    SK Tour, Signing Sunday Morning, Stay in Portland Sunday night
    Travel Northern Maine on Monday and Tuesday, Go home….. Just to clarify, I ordered two tickets. One for myself and one for my wife
    ke7285 I called Bridgton book's this purchased two ticket's, this will be a first for me and my wife should be fun.
    bdwyer19 I just bought two tickets for my wife and I, and two tickets for a couple of friends!
    east-tennessee Hope to see ya there..... I'm a former Michigander...
    Cook Booked my flight, see everybody in Bridgton
    sgc1999 this morning around 10pm eastern time there where about 75 tickets left. I would love to grab a beer or coffee with any members before the event.
    Phalucha Paul Halucha going as well
    TrueNorth We are driving 10.5 hours from outside Toronto and staying in Bridgton July 11 + 12

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Finally finalized our plans: my son Trevor (6 yr old King fan) and I are going!

Arrive in Portland early Saturday.
    Signing Sunday.
    Portland Saturday & Sunday night.
    Drive to Bangor Monday, may try route 1
    Bangor Monday & Tuesday night.
    SK Tour with Stu Tuesday at 2.
    Home Wed morning.

Brian

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    so... we need to get a list of members who are going... just because I'm cuprous how many of the 400 tickets belong to us DT'ers.....
    Since there has been a request for list, I grouped comments from this thread to give some indication of who all may be in attendance at Stephen King-Finders Keepers Signing - 7/12/2015-Maine

wizardsrainbow There are plenty of us going...I might have left someone out but...me, RF, Tippy, Explorer (thank you Jim for finding this), RoseAnn Barr, Twisted Nadine, Webstar, Pasiuk57, Cook (I think)...maybe more
    _PCC_ I'm there!
    Rahfa I'm in too - I'm not even 100 percent sure I can make it, but after giving it some thought, investing the $30 for a ticket seemed like the smart play...I'm about 90 minutes away, so I can make it happen, and if I can't, no big loss.
    KingKornKarn I'm going as well, along with wife. We'll be over in the Adirondacks for vacation during that time and so I thought why not make the beautiful drive over?
    carlosdetweiller I just ordered two tickets. Now I have to wait for my wife to get home and tell her we are going to Maine next month.
    Travel Northern Maine on Monday and Tuesday, Go home….. Just to clarify, I ordered two tickets. One for myself and one for my wife
    ke7285 I called Bridgton book's this purchased two ticket's, this will be a first for me and my wife should be fun.
    bdwyer19 I just bought two tickets for my wife and I, and two tickets for a couple of friends!
    sgc1999 this morning around 10pm eastern time there where about 75 tickets left. I would love to grab a beer or coffee with any members before the event.
    anyone plan the stu King tour?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reserved for Tuesday at 2

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

_PCC_ I'm there!
    anyone plan the stu King tour?
    Stu Tinker King Tour; Here is who commented in thread.......
    Randall Flagg Looks like several of us are going to do the SK Tour done by Stu Tinker.
    Over 30 King related sights to see I plan on the Bangor tour Saturday afternoon
    Sir_Boomme hope to do the tour thingy Sat..
    carlosdetweiller Drive to Bangor Monday morning. Try for the SK Tour Monday 2PM
    east-tennessee SK Tour with Stu Tuesday at 2.

ke7285 I called S-K tours only openings they had was Sunday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon I won't be able to do any tours.
    TrueNorth You should prebook with Stu. I am booked for July 14 @ 2:00.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Randall Flagg - Jerome (Master) + his lovely wife
    2. Sir_Boomme - Terry (Dirty old man)
    3. Carlosdetweiler - Bob (the god of all things King) + wife
    4. wizardrainbow - David (of Betts book)
    5. east-tennessee
    6. ke7285
    7. webstar
    8. Pasiuk
    9. mkb.redux
    10. _PCC_
    11. Rahfa
    12. KingKornKarn
    13. Kingfan24
    14. RichardX
    15. bdwyer
    16. Cook
    17. sgc1999
    anyone else?
    Bringing someone?
    anyone on here NOT going?
    can provide real 1st names?... if you want to be called something other than your "DT name"

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone doing the 9:00 am Saturday SK tour with me?
    if so, bring me a very large Starbucks (dark n strong) coffee please...1 sweet-n-low...w/ sprinkle of cinnamon powder.

and a water gun to shoot at me if I fall asleep, cause my plane doesn't get in til midnight Friday night... that doesn't get me to bed until sometime after 3am.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5. east-tennessee
    6. ke7285
    7. webstar
    8. Pasiuk-Mike Pasiuk and wife Lisa
    9. mkb.redux
    10. _PCC_
    11. Rahfa
    12. KingKornKarn
    13. Kingfan24
    14. RichardX
    15. bdwyer
    16. Cook
    17. sgc1999

anyone else?
    Bringing someone?
    can provide real 1st names?... if you want to be called something other than your "DT name"

4. wizardrainbow - David (of Betts book) + Guest
    5. east-tennessee
    6. ke7285 Kevin & Gwyn (wife)
    7. webstar1000 + Guest
    8. Pasiuk - Mike Pasiuk and wife Lisa
    9. mkb.redux
    10. _PCC_
    11. Rahfa
    12. KingKornKarn
    13. Kingfan24 (Nick+Wife Michelle)
    14. RichardX
    15. bdwyer
    16. Cook
    17. sgc1999
    18. Explorer + Guest (Likely)
    19. Tippy4
    20. Twisted Nadine
    21. Roseannebarre
    22. Phalucha (Paul Halucha)
    23. KingKornKarn (Patrick) and wife Leah

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

ke7285 Kevin & Gwyn (wife)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike Pasiuk and his wife Lisa

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul Halucha going as well.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Kingfan24 (Nick) & wife (Michelle)

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Nice list. Thanks for compiling. I'll be there (Patrick) with my wife (Leah) and they were good enough at the bookstore to allow our 7 month old son to attend (no, he's not getting a book) as long as he stays in a carrier strapped to one of us.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Hey... i am still looking for a friendly boardmember with a free book-slot at this event that she/he would get signed for me. Thanks...!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it's going to be a fun event!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man a ton of members going. Hope there is something planned for Saturday evening!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

5. east-tennessee
    6. ke7285
    7. webstar
    8. Pasiuk
    9. mkb.redux
    10. _PCC_
    11. Rahfa
    12. KingKornKarn
    13. Kingfan24
    14. RichardX
    15. bdwyer
    16. Cook
    17. sgc1999
    anyone else?
    Bringing someone?
    Yes, I am David (wizardsrainbow) and bringing my 14 year old daughter Sage. We plan to drive up sometime Saturday...hopefully see a few of you Sat evening....we are staying overnight in South Portland and then coming back for signing event Sunday. It is a 5 hour drive for me and I have to work Sunday night at midnight so I will NOT be staying long after the event is over Sunday.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    5. east-tennessee
    6. ke7285
    7. webstar
    8. Pasiuk
    9. mkb.redux
    10. _PCC_
    11. Rahfa
    12. KingKornKarn
    13. Kingfan24
    14. RichardX
    15. bdwyer
    16. Cook
    17. sgc1999
    anyone else?
    Bringing someone?
    Yes, I am David (wizardsrainbow) and bringing my 14 year old daughter Sage. We plan to drive up sometime Saturday...hopefully see a few of you Sat evening....we are staying overnight in South Portland and then coming back for signing event Sunday. It is a 5 hour drive for me and I have to work Sunday night at midnight so I will NOT be staying long after the event is over Sunday.
    No I David. I have a 8-9 hour drive and have to work 7am Monday. I will be leaving RIGHT after the signing. Thats kinda why I was hoping to connect the night before as well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man a ton of members going. Hope there is something planned for Saturday evening!
    I'm sure there are small get-togethers planned, but people are spread out, so a large assembly is unlikely. Several people are in Bangor Saturday night, several in Portland, several near Bridgton, etc.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! With so many of you attending you should make it a point to get together at the event for a group photo at least if, at all possible. I wish you all the best of times!!! Be sure to tell, Steve, "Go Yankee's" LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested in on of the signed UK Dr. Sleep books - I would be happy to trade for a signed Finder's Keepers - just let me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast