Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 Haven Auction #56-Robert Browning-Men & Women-1856- The Dark Tower Inspiration

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2015 Haven Auction #56-Robert Browning-Men & Women-1856- The Dark Tower Inspiration

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is a first American edition/Author's Edition of Men & Women by Robert Browning, published in Boston in 1856.

The book features the poem “CHILDE ROLAND TO THE DARK TOWER CAME”, which was Inspiration for Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” book series.

Thanks to DT.ORG member George at C-Springs for this kind donation.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say, this really freaking cool!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I screwed up the ebay listing and left the "n" out of Browning. I suppose I could pull the auction, but there are several bids.
    Damn.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If any of our overseas members are interested and win the bid, I'll be happy to ship at cost. It's a small book and doesn't weigh much, so won't run you anything near what it did for IT

Also, I looked and found the history on one of the two previous book owners, Mr. Julius Wangenheim. He was a San Diego businessman who was involved in, among other things, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, the University of California, the San Diego Museum of Art, the building of the San Diego Library, and organizing the Pan Pacific Exposition of 1915. Thought you might find his biography interesting, so here it is:

Any other questions on the book, please just let me know. It's a pretty cool little piece.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow very cool. Always interesting to see something a bit different from the usual, but still DT related.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to let you know - if you want this, you have to pass me ;D

Totally will go for that one!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I see that bidding is up to $101 with 4 days left to go ... that's fantastic!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IMHO This auction could use a bit more action. That's a very old tome and in very good condition as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It really is in good condition for a 150 year old book. What I really like about it is that you can tell it was cut and pressed on a machine, it has that feel to it ... not stock paper from a modern printer. I looked around for awhile to find one with a presentable cover and nice interior, and this was absolutely the best out there without spending hundreds of dollars. The only other two that were comparable had tears and really badly banged up covers, this one's very nice in comparison; get past the spotting on the end pages and you've got a really clean book. I think the end plates really add to it as well, especially might appeal to a collector from one of the institutions mentioned; I imagine the name Wangenheim is known to anyone from the San Diego area.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A day and a half left, bidding is at $112 ... let me sweeten the pot.

I mistakenly ordered two copies of a recently published Cemetery Dance Signed/Limited edition (non-King). It's not a chap book or something tiny.

The Robert Browning book is 150 years old; if bidding reaches $150 and sells to someone here on the site, let me know and I'll include the S/L in your shipment. I'll even pay the difference in postage.

George

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I could afford this right now. Heck, it's a really old and well condition book with a history. I will drop $10 into the widget as a thank you for donating it, George. You're a good man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good man George! Good luck to the folk bidding!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Final bump, little less than 4 hours to go!

Right now someone has themselves a first american printing of Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came from 1856 AND, because bidding has exceeded $150, in celebration of the story's 150th anniversary if the winning bidder is a TDT.org member I'm throwing in a F/F recently published Cemetery Dance Signed Limited book (non-King).

Four more hours, good luck!

George

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

With one hour to go, leading bid is currently at $177.50!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

I was the high bidder. I'm a big King fan, and almost as big a fan of old books. So this was right up my alley. Psyched!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was the high bidder. I'm a big King fan, and almost as big a fan of old books. So this was right up my alley. Psyched!
    Congrats Jay, you're going to love it! (them!). I'll have it off to you this week as soon as I get the thumbs-up from RF.

George

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Got this today - a really beautiful book in better condition than I thought. I'm thrilled to own it. And George also send me a s/l of Submerged as a kicker!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    Got this today - a really beautiful book in better condition than I thought. I'm thrilled to own it. And George also send me a s/l of Submerged as a kicker!
    Nice bonus! Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread