[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;898688]The two biggest changes were:
[LIST][*]Instead of offering pre-signed copies AND the opportunity to stand in line to see King (8pm-9pm) sign your personal copy of Revival (purchased at the venue), King pre-signed ~360 copies. There was no after-theater-presentation opportunity to have 8 seconds in front of King while he signed your specific copy and perhaps have a quick conversation with King. This change was at King's request/requirement.

my opinion:
This is just my personal opinion, but I do plan on asking Doris a few questions, but I truly believe the signing event was cancelled after the event because the Bank sponsor had a signing event from 4:30 to 5:30. They knew a few days or week before that they were canceling the signing event. SK presigned all the books days before the event. I ran into an employee of the bank who was "late" for their SK reception as a sponsor he was supposed to be there with about 40 other bank employees. as a $10k sponsor they were treated like royalty, I also think they paid for all food and drink for the reception. our $5k sponsorship did not get us any extra privileges, except front row seats, thanks Jerome!

[*]At the VIP event, King spent only 30 minutes in a room with ~140 people. It started out fine, but there was a little lady (Jane) who began denying some folks photo opportunities, while leading King to people she personally knew (who had a photo op). She was rude enough to put her hand in front of people's cameras to ruin their photo. She was arbitrary, capricious, and malicious.

My opinion:

Jane should of been nicer to the 8 of us, treated others very, very special. she was RUDE and needs to be taken to the woodshed!

I feel sorry for about half the guests at the reception, I think I photo bombed about 1/2 the pictures that were taken! I spotted myself, arm, leg, head, shirt in 12 pictures on the herald website!

ps . I had a blast! I am not complaining, just telling what happened, so that people know what to expect when they go to these things! I was surprised about how quickly things go from bad to good! How organizers change plans daily!

I truly think the plans changed because of the bank sponsorship and/or all of the knuckle head questions they were getting before the event. It was easier for them just to sell the pre signed books. And what a great system they had selling them! one book per ticket, and you cou could stand back in line and buy more if they didn't remember you. barlowe and I could only buy one, My wife bought nine, sometimes two at a time!