Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

For the Castle Rock slipcases, I don't mind the same plate for both slipcases. So we don't need separate plates for the series of years... Just my opinion.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    UPDATE:

All remaining artwork for the next 4 Doubleday books plus the artwork for Dolan's Cadillac has now been checked and sent to Jeff. He will do mockups (like the one for Carrie) to do a final check on size and positioning and then the artwork will be sent off to the plate manufacturer. Once they come back, Jeff will create one slipcase of each and send to me for final checks. After that you are free to place your orders!
    Woohoo!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The slipcase's look great!!! Is it too late to get in on this deal? I would be in for the doubleday's and the Dolan's Cadillac.
    Thank's Kevin

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    The slipcase's look great!!! Is it too late to get in on this deal? I would be in for the doubleday's and the Dolan's Cadillac.
    Thank's Kevin
    Not too late at all, we will add you to the list!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    UPDATE:

All remaining artwork for the next 4 Doubleday books plus the artwork for Dolan's Cadillac has now been checked and sent to Jeff. He will do mockups (like the one for Carrie) to do a final check on size and positioning and then the artwork will be sent off to the plate manufacturer. Once they come back, Jeff will create one slipcase of each and send to me for final checks. After that you are free to place your orders!
    Woohoo!
    Are we talking days? Weeks? months? just curious of the time frame. just dropped a load of money buying signed copies of revival!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank's Kevin
    I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    UPDATE:

Woohoo!
    Are we talking days? Weeks? months? just curious of the time frame. just dropped a load of money buying signed copies of revival!
    Oh jeez, just rub it in...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE:

Woohoo!
    Oh jeez, just rub it in...
    Nah, don't worry. You don't want to buy one of his copies. He probably laid them all out on the hotel bed and then rolled around on them naked like he was, Scrooge McDuck on a bed of hundred dollar bills!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE:

Woohoo!
    For Carrie, the time frame from Jeff receiving the artwork to producing a finished case was 4 days!
    I would expect a couple of weeks for all to be done.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thank's Kevin
    Thank you for the great job you both are doing!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thank's Kevin
    Please add me as well for the Doubleday cases. Latecomer to the forum, but very interested! Thanks!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For those (like me) that are interested in what the plates look like or the process involved in making these slipcases, Jeff provided me with some photo's...

Some existing plates and the new Carrie one.

The plate on the press

The resulting slipcase cover waiting to be glued to the slipcase.

This is why Jeff and I have checked the measurements over and over as it has to wrap (and centre on two sides) perfectly. Although all the books are the same height, each spine width is different and there are differences in the book widths as well....

Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, very interesting.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great, and some people wonder about cost???, alot of work involved that is why we let the pro's do the work.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Ditto!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

I'm in on all the Doubleday slipcases.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    I added you to the list.... although Simon correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we need to track this list anymore, since Jeff is absorbing the cost of the blocking. Or did I misunderstand that part...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I added you to the list.... although Simon correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we need to track this list anymore, since Jeff is absorbing the cost of the blocking. Or did I misunderstand that part...
    Yes and no. Jeff is absorbing the cost BECAUSE of the large number of people who have committed, so it's good to keep a track. But I think we have more than enough people interested that if one or two members decide not to order it would not affect Jeff's costs (not that I expect anyone to back out now).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I should be in sales

Oh wait I am...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes and no. Jeff is absorbing the cost BECAUSE of the large number of people who have committed, so it's good to keep a track. But I think we have more than enough people interested that if one or two members decide not to order it would not affect Jeff's costs (not that I expect anyone to back out now).
    Okay, will continue to keep track then...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received an update from Jeff. He's still working on the the other Doubleday's but has completed the Case for Dolan's. I am *really* happy with this one

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very nice!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast