Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes Bill, please post!

Rest In Peace, you guys.

I distinctly remember listening to IN THE COURT OF -- on the day I bought it on my old stereo, sitting between the speakers while my mother was outside raking leaves, waiting for me to come out and help her, but I just had to finish side one first!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

BLONDIE has a big box set scheduled for this year, although it was also slated to come out last year.
    This is something they recorded live (I think), down in Havana:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Although it looks almost just like the other ones, this is the BLUE VINYL edition of THE ZEALOT GENE:

PEACE NOW...

...or I'll clobber ya!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Although it looks almost just like the other ones, this is the BLUE VINYL edition of THE ZEALOT GENE:

PEACE NOW...

...or I'll clobber ya!

See now these are more, me!! I go for the more classic rock bands like, Led Zep. The Stones, Clapton & The Beatles. Which reminds me I gotta take those pics and post. Got a "Sgt Pepper" ltd. cover signed by all the boys!!!

Art by Roger Dean and Ron Wood as well as some professional pics of Elton & Billy on tour and Signed, Clapton and Zep photo's. I'll buckle down and get 'em done soon for ya. I think you'll get a kick outta them.

Spoiler:
    Where's "Aqualung"? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bill, was that you I saw sitting on that park bench the other day?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, eyeing little girls with bad intent!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not that I'm buying one, but has anyone heard about the recently announced vinyl version of Tool's Fear Inoculum? 5 discs, each one with one side of music and one side of laser etching...$180 or so.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yep, eyeing little girls with bad intent!! lol lol

Gives Bill a handkerchief, a wet wipe for his fingers and a new set of clothes.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Not that I'm buying one, but has anyone heard about the recently announced vinyl version of Tool's Fear Inoculum? 5 discs, each one with one side of music and one side of laser etching...$180 or so.
    I looked that TOOL thing up.
    It's not $180, it's $810!

The thing is, I don't know anything about TOOL, do they play good music, or is it that evil, devil rock & roll stuff?
    Seriously though, I know nothing about TOOL's music, who would you compare it to?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought you guys here would get a kick outta these video's. To me they're a bit of a throwback to the "Hair Band" era which still came out in vinyl. Anywaygive 'em a watch or not. Your call.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The 2nd video (pistol Beauty) is pretty kickass and, Jay & Silent Bob give their stamp of approval!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

But....it was all just a dream!

I can't complain...

but

some

times

I

still

do...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Joe Walsh. A great guitarist and super nice guy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

And he's not even crazy after all he's been through!

THE DIVISION BELL original LP, flanked by 2019's remixed & updated A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON and the recent updated PULSE, still in the manufacturer's shipping box.
    The question is, is the red LED flashing inside that white box, or isn't it?
    Eventually, I'll open it and find out.

There are so many re-released Pink Floyd compilations it's impossible to keep up with them.
    BTW -- Which one's Mr. Floyd?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And he's not even crazy after all he's been through!

THE DIVISION BELL original LP, flanked by 2019's remixed & updated A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON and the recent updated PULSE, still in the manufacturer's shipping box.
    The question is, is the red LED flashing inside that white box, or isn't it?
    Eventually, I'll open it and find out.

There are so many re-released Pink Floyd compilations it's impossible to keep up with them.
    BTW -- Which one's Mr. Floyd?
    Very, very nice!!! I'm pretty sure my "Pulse" light went dark a few years ago. lol

Speaking of, Mr. Rocky Mountain Way here's a blast from the past:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

I would have watched that video, but I was already gone...

Whoo...hoo...hoo!

Spoiler:
    Damn, I wish I could play the gee-tar! I have one in the closet, but I'm too old to start taking lessons now.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I looked that TOOL thing up.
    It's not $180, it's $810!
    The signed edition (a small number of copies sold at recent concerts) was $810; the unsigned edition currently available for preorder through Amazon and other outlets is $180 (or a bit cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Fear-Inoculum...s%2C166&sr=8-1).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...is the red LED flashing inside that white box, or isn't it?
    My understanding is that it doesn't start flashing until you start it (mine wasn't flashing and I didn't try to get it going; I remember the original Pulse and it was pretty irritating).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The thing is, I don't know anything about TOOL, do they play good music, or is it that evil, devil rock & roll stuff?
    Seriously though, I know nothing about TOOL's music, who would you compare it to?
    I'm not sure who to compare them to; of all the bands I love, they sound the most like themselves and the least like anyone else.

Those who don't like Tool (or other loud rock) might find them frightening and "evil" sounding (especially with some anti-Christian lyrics), but they aren't Satanist or anything like that (the lyricist has a low opinion of Christianity in part because his mother (a devoted Christian) suffered for the last 28 years or her life after having had a stroke, causing him to consider her faith to have been misplaced etc.).

I'd say the lyrics may be seen as positive in the sense that they often complain about negative things (so, a down vibe from a good person), but this is a simplification. Some songs are about random topics: Stinkfist is about, well, you can guess; The Grudge is about why you shouldn't hold one; 46 & 2 is about genetic mutation; Prison Sex (with the grossest line I've ever heard sung) is about just that...

I don't consider them my favorite band, but when I think about it, I don't know why; I think they're amazing.

I've seen them twice; hands down, the best non-Pink Floyd shows I've ever seen.

If you would like to try them out, try these:

I sampled those songs, not bad at all!
    I was just joking about the evil, devil lyrics stuff, that doesn't bother me at all. If it did I sure wouldn't be hanging out around here so much!

Target exclusive Anniversary LET IT BE with a t-shirt and TATTOO YOU Anniversary clear vinyl discs ordered direct from The Rolling Stones website:

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The Devil in the music just adds protein!

Yay protein!

GOAT'S HEAD SOUP half speed master 180g vinyl + bonus etched 7" single, ordered from The Rolling Stones official store.
    Unfortunately it has a small crease on the lower left corner as if whoever packaged it grabbed it there and lifted the album like that, therefore bending it.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

half speed...please explain that.
    And...you should explain that beer in the pic. I think it's no accident.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    half speed...please explain that.
    And...you should explain that beer in the pic. I think it's no accident.
    This is a comprehensive explanation of half speed masters. https://thesoundofvinyl.us/blogs/vin...f-speed-master
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast