Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Essential Christmas Viewing

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Have watched Christmas Vacation, Elf, Home Alone 2 and The Grinch over the last couple days. Started Gremlins last night, but I fell asleep.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Ŕ l'intérieur AKA Inside (french horror flick set during Christmas and ends with the greatest present opening scene in cinema )
    Sounds like I need to look this one up
    It's rather extreme, might not be for everyone, I've actually seen people become physically distressed after viewing it
    Just went to look this one up, and I added it to my netflix queue way back in March. Only thing is they don't have it available, so I don't know when I'll get to see it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Ŕ l'intérieur AKA Inside (french horror flick set during Christmas and ends with the greatest present opening scene in cinema )
    Sounds like I need to look this one up
    It's rather extreme, might not be for everyone, I've actually seen people become physically distressed after viewing it
    Just went to look this one up, and I added it to my netflix queue way back in March. Only thing is they don't have it available, so I don't know when I'll get to see it
    Be careful about which one you watch because there is an edited American Version and the unrated original version, I hope you like your horror filled with lots of graphic violence

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sounds very intriguing! Might have to watch it one night with Filth and Black Christmas, for a perfect fucked-up Holiday marathon!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Also, how depressing is it when you look at the clock to realize the marathon is almost over? I get so bummed out around 6 pm Christmas day.
    This. And not just the marathon but the Christmas season as a whole. I mean, you have New Year's Eve to look forward to, but then what? It's back to normal after that.

8pm is too early to end it.
    I think they should play it until midnight, to be honest.
    Yes and yes! We usually get home after it ends and I want to watch it one more time.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's on because I'm too busy watching A Christmas Story.
    The Yule Log! Does anyone watch that?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Also, how depressing is it when you look at the clock to realize the marathon is almost over? I get so bummed out around 6 pm Christmas day.
    This. And not just the marathon but the Christmas season as a whole. I mean, you have New Year's Eve to look forward to, but then what? It's back to normal after that.
    Yes! The Christmas season is my double-edged sword. I look forward to it all year, and I'm so excited when it arrives. Yet, underneath all my excitement is this feeling of dread because I know it will end in such a short period of time. Then, I'll be left with regular life with no Christmas lights, Christmas music, Eggnog, etc.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Anyone remember the movie The Christmas Toy? (wiki link)

My wife said she loved watching this as a kid. We finally found it on DVD a few years ago. I just barely remembered it when I watched it again. It has kind of a Toy Story type plot but with muppets.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guarantee it's been said. But:

Die Hard - Avec Scotch
    Bad(er) Santa
    The Grinch (cartoon)

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Our local theater has been showing a free Christmas movie every Thursday night this month. I went last Thursday to see that great Christmas classic: Die Hard!
    In Digitized Remorse

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's pretty awesome!

I watched It's a Wonderful Life last night for the first time this year. It won't be the last time this year, I'm sure.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm not sure if I should admit this or not, but I've been watching a ton of those lifetime and hallmark Christmas movies. I'm a sucker for them

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh Heather.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Silent Night, Deadly Night
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if I should admit this or not, but I've been watching a ton of those lifetime and hallmark Christmas movies. I'm a sucker for them

That's hilarious because my mom and my sister love watching those as well. I thought they were the only people watching those!

I came by to see if anybody mentioned One Magic Christmas. It turns out Brownings Childe mentioned it on page 1. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember watching it when I was a kid. In fact, it's one of my first movie memories. It's also the first time I remember having a movie crush. That's right - Mary Steenburgen. The crazy thing is that I still have a crush on her to this day.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

I've been watching Arthur Christmas pretty obsessively this year.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's on telly Christmas Day. Might have to watch that.

I also might have to watch one or two Doctor Who Christmas specials. There's a beautiful take on the classic A Christmas Carol that works way better than it should.

Oh, and Amanda: did you know that Nick Frost is playing Santa in this year's Christmas special?

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Oh, and Amanda: did you know that Nick Frost is playing Santa in this year's Christmas special?
    No. That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

That's hilarious because my mom and my sister love watching those as well. I thought they were the only people watching those!
    It's a girl thing

Has anyone seen Frosty on tv this year? I've been waiting for it to show up but haven't come across it at all. I fear I must have missed it.

Country
    Country Flag

It came on last Saturday (the 13th) on CBS. That's when I watched it. And before that I think they played it Thanksgiving weekend.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Shoot, that sucks

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    No. That's pretty cool.
    Indeed it is, as you can now see. And while I don't think they'll include the quote in my current sig, it would seriously make my Christmas Day if they did!

- Melike

!

You know, he surprisingly looks like a pretty good Santa.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What do you expect? His first name's "Nick" and his surname's "Frost". He was practically born for a Santa role with a name like that!

- Melike

True! I didn't even think about it.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched little lord fauntleroy and
    Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaSDQXkiqs
    (Still one of the most beautiful fairy tale adaptations in film history.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3