Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What is your favorite cover for Stephen King's Revival???

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revival US Cover

3 6.25%
  • Revival UK Cover Hodder (Blue cover)

4 8.33%
  • Revival UK Cover Hodder (Purple cover)

4 8.33%
  • Revival UK Hodder (Limited Edition)

9 18.75%
  • Revival UK Waterstones (Blue Edge)

19 39.58%
  • Revival Polish Cover

9 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite cover for Stephen King's Revival???

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What is your favorite cover for Stephen King's Revival???

Revival US Cover
    Revival UK Cover Hodder (Blue cover)
    Revival UK Cover Hodder (Purple cover)
    Revival UK Hodder (Limited Edition)
    Revival UK Waterstones (Blue Edge)
    Revival Polish Cover

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Woah, that Polish cover is the first to catch my eye.

Second choice would be the UK Hodder (Limited Edition).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the blue edge edition from Waterstones. It seems classier than the others.

John

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went with Waterstones (Blue Edge) and my second choice would be Hodder (Limited Edition)
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG!!! There's going to be FOUR different UK editions. Where am I going to find shelf space for those? lol.
    I quite like the purple WHSmiths edition.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the color purple, so chose that over... Since it was to vote for cover only, but I agree that the blue page edges of the Waterstones edition is really nice.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I voted for the blue-edged UK HC as well.

Why oh why do U.S. editions' art always pale in comparison to the UK art?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again the US cover is the worst
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I voted for the blue-edged UK HC as well.

Why oh why do U.S. editions' art always pale in comparison to the UK art?
    Not always. Just compare the US and UK Everything's Eventual and From a Buick 8. Those UK covers were hideous.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I don't understand this sentiment. The design and font choice on the U.S. cover is far superior to the rest, especially the Polish which looks very small-press-like.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the purple b/c I'm all about purple. I have more purple-based shirts and ties than any other color. I use a purple-ink pen. Etc.

Purple!

But I don't buy UK editions of books also released in the U.S. So this is just a vote in principle.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, when I first saw all the covers side by side, I couldn't help thinking the US got cheated.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I voted for the purple b/c I'm all about purple.
    You are in good company...

"The color purple has been associated with royalty, power and wealth for centuries. In fact, Queen Elizabeth I forbad anyone except close members of the royal family to wear it. Purple's elite status stems from the rarity and cost of the dye originally used to produce it.

Purple fabric used to be so outrageously expensive that only rulers could afford it. The dye initially used to make purple came from the Phoenician trading city of Tyre, which is now in modern-day Lebanon. Fabric traders obtained the dye from a small mollusk that was only found in the Tyre region of the Mediterranean Sea."

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Agreed !!
    Yes, the U.S. covers are all about getting King's name as large as humanly possible. Really annoying.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And again I seem to be the only one preferring the U.S. cover. I usually find them much better designed.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There were two votes for the US cover, so you aren't the only one.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote for the pl-Vinny Chong and the purple cover...

The NL Cover is also not bad...

http://www.amazon.de/Revival-druk-1-...l+stephen+king

AND .... the beautiful GERMAN Revival Cover is still missing..

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This morning I received a copy of Revival I haven't seen. Rather bizarre looking. The dustjacket looks like a hologram. The inside flaps have very little written. On the author flap it just shows a white square where the photo would be and says Stephen King. Anyone seen this? I'll snap a pic later on if I get some time.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. Sounds like a proof DJ. Would be great to see some pictures of it.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer the Polish cover, at least in regards to Chong's art. Very striking and the only one that IMO captures the book's story.

US cover does nothing to me except say "Hey! It's a Stephen King book!" which to be fair is all it needs to sell. But it doesn't grab me like the cover for some of his other books have done.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for the delay, here is the funky hologram jacket on my edition. Sorry if this results in completists going apesh!t.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like an early test copy.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh boy... that's quite something. So where did you get this again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast