Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like either McGuire or Dunst for their roles. I always thought that Franco would have much a much better Peter Parker. Comedic timing is his bread and butter and the wise cracking is an essential part of the Spider Man persona.

And Mary Jane Watson is always a super model knock out in the comics , and uh ... Dunst isn't anywhere near that

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I didn't like either McGuire or Dunst for their roles. I always thought that Franco would have much a much better Peter Parker. Comedic timing is his bread and butter and the wise cracking is an essential part of the Spider Man persona.

And Mary Jane Watson is always a super model knock out in the comics , and uh ... Dunst isn't anywhere near that

Can't argue with that post!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm wondering if it was the wrong year to release it - being in the same year as Dark Knight Rises, Avengers and, for this fan at least, Dredd has it seeming not quite as...event-ish as those 3. Especially when the last film was only 5 years ago and they're now rebooting the franchise. Not saying it won't be better than the previous films - especially 3 - but it doesn't seem quite as big when you have films as big as Avengers and the final film of Nolan's Batman trilogy on either side of it. Saving it until next year may have made it seem bigger. Idk, I'll still see it, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, sandwiching it between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises ... don't know wtf Sony was thinking.

Still, Spider Man has a decent enough fanbase that it might do well anyway, but not as well as it could have done if it was released during any other time frame.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Still, Spider Man has a decent enough fanbase that it might do well anyway, but not as well as it could have done if it was released during any other time frame.
    That's exactly it. I'm expecting it to do slightly well at the box office, but not be the box office smash that it could be. I'll still see it, but I'm not nearly as excited for it as I should be. I'm still too emotionally exhausted after the spectacle that was The Avengers, and it did set the bar amazingly high. Spider-Man may have a chance, though, if it's not just a very good comic book movie and is an excellent comic book movie. If word of mouth reports that it's not only the best one yet, but critics also love it, that may give it the box-office boost it needs. We'll see, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

What do you think of the Lizard's design?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh ... don't love it, don't hate it. I would have loved a more snout-y Lizard as seen in the comics. He reminds me of the Goombas from the Super Mario movie haha.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Release date is tomorrow!

Everyone ready ?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am thinking about going this week, but have no expectations. I really don't know what to expect, actually.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, me either. Still, I'm a pretty huge Spidey fan so it's pretty much an obligation for me to go. I'm hoping I'm pleasantly surprised though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Marvel Cinematic Universe

I looked around and could not find a thread like this. If, it should be merged with another thread, merge away.

By now a lot of you probably know that I just LOVED GotG!!! Seen it three times so far and will see it again (in IMAX) and I will be buying the DVD. To me it had it all. Comedy, Action, a little romance, Sci-Fi EFX, awesome soundtrack and a great story line.

So this thread is for folks to express their opinions of the film and to talk about the "Marvel Universe" in general as this film, I am told, is a lynch pin of sorts for the future single hero and Multi hero (Avengers) films to come. Of course, the GotG WILL RETURN!!

Please use spoiler tags if you believe they are required for the sake of others (I couldn't care less. I'll never remember them anyway!! LOL)!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I honestly think Guardians was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Not just one of the best marvel movies. I have long been a fan of the Guardians. One of my favorite comic stories recently was Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest and those are where the new Guardians started forming. I was so looking forward to this movie, but had a little trepidation as well because I did not want them to ruin it. The more I saw, the more certain I was that it was going to be amazing and it did not disappoint at all.

I would have never guessed, years ago that James Gunn and Joss Whedon, both of whom I love, would be directing blockbuster movies AND that they would be about comic characters that I love. It makes me so happy.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can we change the title so it's only about Guardians? What's there to say about the rest? Marvel should stop giving these films to bad directors like Favreau if they want to make less awful films and James Gunn has the visual sense Whedon wishes he had.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going tonight with my son. I got a Groot and a SDCC Flocket Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop to celebrate!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Can we change the title so it's only about Guardians? What's there to say about the rest? Marvel should stop giving these films to bad directors like Favreau if they want to make less awful films and James Gunn has the visual sense Whedon wishes he had.
    +

"Always with the negative vibes, Moriarity"!! Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, the title is fine just the way it is, shut up Matt.

I too enjoyed Guardians, obviously. It was a pitch perfect blend of action-comedy-and visual effects. Considering that it came from a director relatively new to that arena, it makes that doubly impressive. How ironic that the two elements which were predicted to be the weak links in the chain - Groot and Raccoon - were two of the films highlights.

Merlin - The Guardians and Avengers franchise will end up crossing over at some point, with Thanos as the ultimate big baddie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    No, the title is fine just the way it is, shut up Matt.

I too enjoyed Guardians, obviously. It was a pitch perfect blend of action-comedy-and visual effects. Considering that it came from a director relatively new to that arena, it makes that doubly impressive. How ironic that the two elements which were predicted to be the weak links in the chain - Groot and Raccoon - were two of the films highlights.

Merlin - The Guardians and Avengers franchise will end up crossing over at some point, with Thanos as the ultimate big baddie.
    So it would seem, but I did the whole "Wiki" thing on the GotG and the "Ultron" story lines and there appears to be a whole new storyline being developed so anything can happen. However, I know that at some point the "Avengers" and "GotG will be in the same film. Here's an interesting tidbit...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68350
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So my son and I didn't stay thru the entire list of credits thinking that the dancing Groot scene was it and I find out there is a Howard the Duck scene at the end. Does anyone know of a link where I can see this scene?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    So my son and I didn't stay thru the entire list of credits thinking that the dancing Groot scene was it and I find out there is a Howard the Duck scene at the end. Does anyone know of a link where I can see this scene?
    I don't think its online yet, but it wasn't much to write home about IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and man, what a film!!!! Loads of action, new heroes, plot and visuals!!! Any discussion? Good or bad? Obviously, I loved it and can't wait for more!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill-

Are you OK with a thread name change so that this becomes the Marvel Universe thread?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Guardians too. Probably the most fun I had at the movies all year. Before the film came out, I said it was going to be a good test for Marvel. It was based on a comic book that isn't exactly well known, starring a fairly unknown actor. Needless to say, it was a fantastic film that raked in tons of money. A success indeed.

Now, with Ant-Man soon to be released, I feel somewhat the same way. Ant-Man will prove how unbreakable Marvel really is. Obviously, it's not going to be Avengers and I don't expect it to beat Guardians either, but I do believe it will be very representative. Then again, one of these days Marvel is going to swing and miss. Ant-Man might just be that movie.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast