Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014 Haven FundraiserAuction #22-Stephen King signed-Maitz remarqued-Gift Desperation

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    This is a preliminary pencil sketch Don Maitz did before the actual art was drawn into the copy of the Illustrated Donald Grant Gift Edition of Desperation for this auction.
    When Don shared the sketch with King who agreed to sign the book to benefit the Haven Fund Auction, King decided he wanted to keep this sketch.

Whoever wins this auction with this remarque will own a piece of art Sai King desired to own as well.
    Now why on earth didn't I think to mention that fact, James? Good job and very accurate info!!!

$811.00!!!!!
    We don't expect you to think of everything... come on Bill.. we know you get confused and such..
    You do so much and we are here to support you when and however we can.
    I simply thought it worth noting and sharing !

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, absolutely!! Gotta be cool to say you have the same remarque as STEPHEN KING!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    This is a preliminary pencil sketch Don Maitz did before the actual art was drawn into the copy of the Illustrated Donald Grant Gift Edition of Desperation for this auction.
    When Don shared the sketch with King who agreed to sign the book to benefit the Haven Fund Auction, King decided he wanted to keep this sketch.
    Whoever wins this auction with this remarque will own a piece of art Sai King desired to own as well.
    King actually wanted/kept the preliminary sketches for both of our Maitz remarque auctions (oops, just gave away a secret).
    Fair enough deal.

And here I thought I could trust my partner in crime!!! LOL I'm telling, Patrick!! LOL

Spoiler:
    I see a "puzzle" in our future!!! One that you will all want to solve!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, If I am getting this right quite a few folks were hoping to spend $1,000 on a CD announcement edition that did not include a King sig, but here we are with a rather unique, King signed and Maitz remarqued GE of "Desperation". Honestly, I can't figure you guys out!!! BTW, there is an incredible story behind the item!!! I guess I am getting to be an "Old Whore".!!! LOL Mr. King, kept the preliminary sketches, he liked them so much!! Is that "unique" for you folks or what?

Bid!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you really believe the integrity of this man? Here is a recent "Email" from him:

Hi Bill,

I sent the auction link to Marsha in Bangor.

I will see If I can do better next year-

-Don

He is an absolutely wonderful man and a staunch supporter!! King, is watching this auction!! We are no longer "under the radar"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Don is 'the Don' !!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

7 mins to go!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$862.00!!!!

I thought for sure it would go over $1,000.00!!! Still, not bad at all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shocker to me as well. I thought this would sneak over 1K at the end.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

$862.00!!!!

I thought for sure it would go over $1,000.00!!! Still, not bad at all.
    Not bad - that is an awesome price, well done!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here the auction winner?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here the winner?
    Everyone?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Anyone here the winner?
    Everyone?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't say without permission from the buyer. Sorry.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Well done on the sale! I was going to bid on it but couldn't figure out the international shipping so hopefully I'll win the next one or one of them. Congratulations again Merlin1958 and everyone!

Btw how many of these type of King signed/remarqued auctions are planned? Is it just this and another one are is there a few coming up?

p.s. I also was sure it would go over 1,000 considering some people bought a 1K non-signed-by-King "Carrie" from CD???

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    Well done on the sale! I was going to bid on it but couldn't figure out the international shipping so hopefully I'll win the next one or one of them. Congratulations again Merlin1958 and everyone!

Btw how many of these type of King signed/remarqued auctions are planned? Is it just this and another one are is there a few coming up?

p.s. I also was sure it would go over 1,000 considering some people bought a 1K non-signed-by-King "Carrie" from CD???
    Auctions will run continually, at least one a week, through 5/19/14. Not all are ebay auctions, but most are. Rachel Readman has some wonderful art for sale now that will benefit the fund raiser substantially and she resides in the U.K. so s/h is not so much an issue. You can view her wares here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...aven-Fund-2014

And Here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Readman/page15
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2