Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Citizen of Lud

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection Citizen of Lud

Well.... If you plant a seed one day it will grow into.... one kick as Stephen King collection well at least I hope that holds true for me. I want to get a book shelf with glass doors and a fully enclosed back some day soon anyone one know of some good ones let me know. The next book I want to add right away is a first print of The Gunslinger finally got the money saved up. The Drawing Of The Three is signed by Phil Hale (thank you Grant). My main goal with the collection is to add some more artists editions in the Dark Tower line I believe I have the October 1978 F&SF on its way in the mail (fingers crossed) but the tittle says 25th anniversary on what i ordered but did say October 1978 if so I scored one for 10 bucks wooo hooo

Thanks for looking and wish me luck

http://img001.us.expono.com/163842/1...3-a8ef10_s.jpg

http://img001.us.expono.com/163842/1...4-8e6a64_s.jpg

http://img001.us.expono.com/163842/1...5-62f671_s.jpg

http://img001.us.expono.com/163842/1...6-8b1985_s.jpg
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmm why first pic showed up but rest are links ??
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

well the above pictures is what you get when using expono which I say is a nono

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...326_230253.jpg[IMG][/IMG]
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have a Wife/Girlfriend? See if you do, be prepared for trouble ahead. What happens is that over time you get more books, which slowly and quietly removes the other objects from the shelves to make room. You get away with it for a while and then POW! it's WW III over shelf space !

I wish you luck and victory!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have lots of very nice items there, Citizen.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection and very cool book/display case!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Very nice collection!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice doggie, please don't eat the books.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!

There are a couple of TDT "Artist Editions" (of a sort) available from the Haven Fund right now...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...e-original-art!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Micheal-Whelan!

In any case, nice collection!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Do you have a Wife/Girlfriend? See if you do, be prepared for trouble ahead. What happens is that over time you get more books, which slowly and quietly removes the other objects from the shelves to make room. You get away with it for a while and then POW! it's WW III over shelf space !

I wish you luck and victory!
    Yup I do have a girfriend and she has not said anything about the amount of books yet but I feel you sir are right because if I get my way I will fill all of these shelves
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    Yup I do have a girfriend and she has not said anything about the amount of books yet but I feel you sir are right because if I get my way I will fill all of these shelves

Those shelves will look MUCH better filled with books rather than boring old knickknacks!
    Great collection!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like what I see here!

sk

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a great start, Citizen.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If she's a good girlfriend, she'll smile and nod when you tell her about the new books you bought and not complain when the knickknacks have to be moved. Of course, once you start buying more bookcases, that's when the problems begin to arise...

Anyway...love the collection and the shelves!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    If she's a good girlfriend, she'll smile and nod when you tell her about the new books you bought and not complain when the knickknacks have to be moved. Of course, once you start buying more bookcases, that's when the problems begin to arise...

Anyway...love the collection and the shelves!
    After 30 + years of marriage, yes that's about the sum of it!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Ok so I found someone local on Craigs list selling some King books drove to their house and picked up a few. Did not find any of the amazing early first editions that were racing through my mind on the way there but, I believe I got my monies worth. Some are book clubs and that is ok with me.... for now. Which raises a question how do I decipher those codes printed near the binding on the last pages. I would like to know what printing these are. If there is a thread please just point me that way thanks..

Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

This is the one new addition that I am most proud of thanks again tippy4

Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

If you go to the book on this list that you like to find information, it will tell what code you want to see for a first printing. They are called gutter codes by the way. Examples being Q37 for 'Salem's Lot and T39 for The Stand.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions

Country
    Country Flag

These are the ones I would like to now about
    Carrie , no price on dust jacket,maroon spine black boards code HB 4 U
    'salem's lot, no price on dj, black spine red boards code HB 3 W
    The shining, Green back and spine dj no price, black spine yellow boards on book code MP4W
    Night Shift, No price on dj, black spine red boards code MP4BB
    Fire Starter, no price on dj, maroon spine black boards gold SK, code MP9X
    Cujo, no price on dj, black spine brown boards silver SK, code MP9X
    Different Seasons, no price on dj, Dark blue binding lighter blue boards gold SK, code MP2Y
    Christine, no price on dj, black spine red boards silver SK, code MP2Y
    Skeleton Crew, no price on dj, dark blue spine black boards gold Stephen King sig. code MP6X
    The Bachman Books, no price on dj, black spine black book, code MP3Z

thanks for any help you may give
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sound like BCE's to me man... unless they are price clipped of course..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stay away from anything that does NOT show a price on the DJ - thats 60-80% of the books worth right there. ALWAYS check and confirm a number line (you may have to explain what a 'number line' is to some ebay sellers, they often get confused and give you the ISBN number). - assuming the book has one (use the 1st edition info on this site or the info that Tomas provides on his site

EDIT: If you are looking to have a set of Hardbacks for display then BCE's are fine (I started that way myself) Just don't be fooled into paying too much for them. SO many of them are falsely advertised as first editions, just because it says 'First printed in...' on the cover page. BCE's also tend to be a different size (I can tell by looking at your shelf that Carrie/'salem's Lot/NightShift and the Shining are BCE's because they are too tall) and printed on lower quality paper. ALL BCE's will be missing the price on the DJ, so thats the best place to start.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I had figured anything without a price and no sign of clipage would be a book club. I paid from $2 to 5$ each for the books. I just did not know if there was any other info that could be gained about them. Some of the books like Cujo and later it seems like the only difference between a BCE and a first trade is that the DJ does not have a price. I will try to replace them in the future with first trades or better but these will be my reading copies.
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats on the Gunslinger!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast