Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
I started reading King because of IT.... but I do not feel a connection to the characters in IT like I do in the Dark Tower.... I am sorry but IT is a great book but is no where near the Dark Tower.... I can't even remember all the characters in IT other than Bev and Richie.... (of course Pennywise)... But I remember the Ka-tet VERY well.... DT all the WAY!!!
Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
I always thought King was known for both The Stand and It. Those are his big two that you always hear people talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet that aside from here there are many King fans that have not even read The Dark Tower books. I always wonder if you took a poll of your average King fan where The Dark Tower would rank.
You do have a point. I know that I was reading SK for a long time before I decided to read The Dark Tower books. I didn't associate him with TDT. I associated him with his more well known stories. Even though I had been reading his books for at least 10 years, TDT was unknown territory for me.
But, once I read The Dark Tower, it affected me unlike anything I had ever read.
(To be fair though, the ka-tet probably altered any future chance I may have had with having a healthy relationship with a fictional group of characters. This is my doom) Because, after TDT, nothing compared to the attachment I had to Roland, Jake, Eddie, etc.
But, I'm assuming that IT is that way for you?
I must AGREE with you as well