Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1stly Salem's lot' the remake was fucking awful. them updating it to whatever the hell year that came out in wasn't what hurt the film. what hurt it was a terrible script. as for the elm street remake i was honestly fucking bored while watching it. it was an ok film but bored? that wasn't something i expected. as for this remake i hope it is gorier and follows the book more.

and they don't fucking make a PG1-13 film to get the youngsters in there. i honestly am not expecting much from the IT remake but i am keeping an open mind. i'd still love to see the original cut of the (1990) film that was longer than what we got. than it was i believe cut cause they simply could not show that stuff on tv well compared to today that is. as for the dude who is apparently playing pennywise. i've just seen him in Narnia and he wasn't that bad in that film.

i don't see him as playing pennywise at all. but i'm keeping an open mind or trying to at least.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh man, I hope it's not PG-13, but it probably will be. They always want to seem to keep it as low as they can these days to bring more people in. I kinda wish they had gone a mini-series route on HBO or something. Then they could pretty much do whatever and not hold back.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This could be genius casting. Loved him in We're the Millers (so upset it was ousted so early in our Comedy Tournament!) And I had no idea he was British! With the clown makeup he'll definitely pull this off.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Hey -- that's Alexis from Castle.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Molly Quinn is her name by the way. i love castle as well. i picked up IT again after putting it down for awhile. where is the area where i can talk about the book? i go away from the site for awhile and i forget where shit is.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    Molly Quinn is her name by the way. i love castle as well. i picked up IT again after putting it down for awhile. where is the area where i can talk about the book? i go away from the site for awhile and i forget where shit is.
    That would be in Cara Laughs section ("Non-Dark Tower Stephen King Book Discussion"). Try here.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i've been reading the book and wondering what all they will put in it? and what's left out such as the interludes i wonder if any of that will be put in? as back story to how long IT has been in Derry. and what will be left out such as the kids having an orgy near the end of the book that part i can live without them putting that in the film. my favorite parts of the book were always the parts when they were kids anyways. and i think part of it was to me it always felt like there were more parts of it with them as kids than as adults.

i've also wished that SK would put some of the characters in other books to let us know what they have been up to. only one he

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're probably too old now but does anyone think the kids from Super 8 could have been good as some of the Losers?

Looking at that pic you probably don't even have to guess who I'd want them to play.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice cowboy_ed will become famous soon enough cowboy_ed's Avatar

96.8% sure those kids are modelled after some archetypes King had a big part in creating

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah for all the talks of the film copying "ET", my mind kept on going back to It. Still a great film though.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Super 8 that one i haven't seen, isn't that one of those found footage films? man i hate those type of films. as for kids they may cast, i'm just guessing but they may just cast a bunch of nobody's.

i think it was well cast the 1st time i just hope it's cast that well the 2nd time as well.

Country
    Country Flag

It's not a found-footage film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqt9L4fIExA

My Collection

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh ok. there's a LOT of films haven't seen. maybe i was thinking about that one monster film that J.J Abrahms or however ya spell his name put out a few years back. i think i know which one you are talking about now and that one i haven't seen yet. i do recall it looking good.

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

King on film is just damned. Prepare for It adaptation to suck
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Well said brother... Only three I can think of I liked a lot. Stand By Me, Shawshank and the Green Mile. Am I missing any?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Both Shinings, Both Salem's, Cujo, Christine, Carrie?

Spoiler:

OK - disclaimer - I love all King adaptations no matter how bad they are

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol. Forgot about Shinning... And I didn't mind Salems and the first Carrie... But Shining for sure!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

To me what spells disaster is the producers want to make it one film.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    To me what spells disaster is the producers want to make it one film.
    Really? I seem to recall it being stated as two films in most advance discussion. Is this something new?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

This is a new development. The reason (one of them anyway) why Cary left the project was because he wanted it to be two movies and the producers wanted to change it to one to save costs.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    This is a new development. The reason (one of them anyway) why Cary left the project was because he wanted it to be two movies and the producers wanted to change it to one to save costs.
    Real bad move!!! Oh, well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well said brother... Only three I can think of I liked a lot. Stand By Me, Shawshank and the Green Mile. Am I missing any?
    Shining (already mentioned), Pet Semetery, Misery, The Mist, Apt Pupil and Secret Window.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Shining (already mentioned), Pet Semetery, Misery, The Mist, Apt Pupil and Secret Window.
    The shining, by Kubrik, so-so in the King world
    Pet Semetary, Also so-so
    Apt Pupil, Again so -so
    The Mist, I like it, but so-so in the King world.
    Secret Window, trash

What else you got?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast