Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great story! The family finds a rare treasure that otherwise would have made very little money, and it ends up in Alec’s collection. Fantastic!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go Alec. Never disappoints.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you as always to Simon, although this year has not seemed the same without a couple of meetings.

Never thought that one of these would come along in such fine condition, so thank you for the posts and comments.

The full story in complete transparency. Hanson’s Auctions recently held a sale (10-11th December) that carried four 1st edition books, all in varying degrees of condition. They have become renowned for the Harry Potter 1st edition, always with an interesting backstory along the way. The book that was actually mentioned as the ‘found and nearly overlooked’ edition was not the one I purchased, it was the third highest priced with a few issues, including some remains of being damp. Nonetheless a good collectible copy. The first two lowest estimates were unbelievable in the price they fetched as regards the condition they were in! The book I acquired was in fine condition other than a very slight push to the top of the spine, I had not encountered one for sale in such an excellent state. I did not bid for the book, that was covered by someone well known to Hanson’s Auction House.
    For those whose interest is piqued by what this book fetches, the results are listed on Hanson’s site, all the prices shown are minus the 25% which is the statutory auction house commission. The real eye opener is the price that the lower condition books fetched.
    I do not hold a collection of J. K. Rowling’s work, though needless to say it is a privilege to be the custodian of this book.

Seasons Greetings to everyone, in whichever manner you choose to celebrate. Let us hope and pray that 2021 allows us the return to freedom that we all long for.
    Alec.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Again Alec, great background on something that I was not aware of. Keep on collecting.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG BIG Congrats Alec !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you as always to Simon, although this year has not seemed the same without a couple of meetings.

Never thought that one of these would come along in such fine condition, so thank you for the posts and comments.

The full story in complete transparency. Hanson’s Auctions recently held a sale (10-11th December) that carried four 1st edition books, all in varying degrees of condition. They have become renowned for the Harry Potter 1st edition, always with an interesting backstory along the way. The book that was actually mentioned as the ‘found and nearly overlooked’ edition was not the one I purchased, it was the third highest priced with a few issues, including some remains of being damp. Nonetheless a good collectible copy. The first two lowest estimates were unbelievable in the price they fetched as regards the condition they were in! The book I acquired was in fine condition other than a very slight push to the top of the spine, I had not encountered one for sale in such an excellent state. I did not bid for the book, that was covered by someone well known to Hanson’s Auction House.
    For those whose interest is piqued by what this book fetches, the results are listed on Hanson’s site, all the prices shown are minus the 25% which is the statutory auction house commission. The real eye opener is the price that the lower condition books fetched.
    I do not hold a collection of J. K. Rowling’s work, though needless to say it is a privilege to be the custodian of this book.

Seasons Greetings to everyone, in whichever manner you choose to celebrate. Let us hope and pray that 2021 allows us the return to freedom that we all long for.
    Alec.
    Alec,
    Congratulations 🎉
    Tolkien, King, Rowling.. Wow!! You never cease to amaze me/us.
    So who’s next in your super super collectible wish list?

P.S. Stay safe, I think we’re beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A real beauty
    Congratulations Alec !

Now, what's next on your search list?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to Ari, Frank, Jeremy, Mike and Richard.

Next will be a Stephen King book, arrives tomorrow. All being well.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very interested in seeing what King book this will be.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Alec.

Amazing book and amazing stories! I have learned ALOT about collecting from you and it is always amazing to see what you will find next! You really did teach me ALOT about the cost of a book that I purchased and its resale value. I no longer worry about whether I am paying too much for a book that I covet. Owning the book I want and enjoying it, outweighs whether I am going to lose $$ over a long period of time. Your purchasing philosophy should be shared to all. It makes me rest easier when I purchase an expensive King title!

Tolkien, King and Harry Potter are 3 of the most amazing books to own and collect! Besides these big 3, what other books do you hold close to your heart? Is there another missing author/book that you are looking for?

Interested to know if anyone has seen a signed copy of “Troubled Blood” by Robert Galbraith (J.K.Rowling) sold, and the price it fetched.
    There were purportedly only 50 signed by Galbraith/Rowling.
    A friend of mine is lucky to have a copy signed in both names with hologram and I was attempting to obtain a rough idea on price.
    Many thanks.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, I have a friend that's one of those who know everything about Rowling's works (he wrote an official book about HP and has a couple of inscribed books from her to him, even the last one). He's a member here so I've just contacted him to post here.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Thank you very much Ari.
    Really appreciated.
    Alec.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, dont hesitate to ask the Rowling Library
    Which is fan based, not directly related to her => https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/contact/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He owns The Rowling Library 😉
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Alec, this is quite possibly the most spectacular collection I've ever laid my eyes on! Thank you very much for sharing.
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

My Mood
    Cool

Any news on that King book?

Thank you Raj for the comment on the collection thread.

Mike, yes it has arrived along with a few other parcels.
    The issue we have over here in the U.K. is lockdown and that at present prohibits me from travelling. The books are at one venue and I am at another! Hence no images. In fact I have not seen any of my books for 6 months. The images of the ‘Harry Potter’ book and the Tolkien set are all images that have been forwarded to me by their respective sellers. Both of these and the Stephen King book plus many others are all still unboxed. Rest assured as soon as restrictions are lifted or eased I will be able to move.
    Hope all is well with you.

While I am posting, I am looking for a fine copy of ‘The Stand’ Red Leather Library.
    This must be the original 1978 copy not the full uncut copy.

My Mood
    Cool

OK.
    Thanks Alec. Your collection is truly amazing. I am looking forward to seeing what it is.

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Pleasure, Alec. Can't wait until lockdown has eased so you can share some of your new additions!
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Further to Alec's acquisition on the 1st Edition Harry Potter book. Here are some pictures of the custom traycase to house it in.

Made by Rich at Lyra's Books, its striking in full red leather with raised bands and gold stamping on the spine.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeously done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast