Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: at_one

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Enough of my non-SK stuff, here is some more books!

Starting with my unsigned Skeleton Crew Limited Edition, which apparently was part of Anne Rice's personal collection at one time-

And 2 pictures to show provenance that this once belonged in Anne Rice's personal collection-

(Images courtesy of olverts)

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

And a couple of gift editions-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG, pop-up-

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. That Skeleton Crew is really cool, every time I see one. Some of my all time favourite stories are in that collection.

Loving the Gift editions too. I still need an Insomnia, and am waiting on my Doctor Sleep.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Lovin' the DT 1 signed by Whelan, Nick .. the rest of the artists signed volumes (given that you don't have them all yet) in the series should be a doddle now that the most difficult to procure is done and dusted
    Well, I don't have them all signed yet but I did get another one scratched off my list yesterday, with a little bonus. Will post pictures once in my hands.
    If it's DT IV I will have to kill you - nothing personal you understand
    Ok 'kill' maybe a bit extreme. I will however stare very, very jealously at your avatar from behind the safety of my computer screen. AND I may occasionally mutter incoherently about "mine goddamit! it should be mine!" - so don't think you're getting off lightly !

"I still say we should kill him"
    No - we are not going to kill him, he's a nice man
    "but he has one of our books"
    No, he hasn't said he's got that one and any way it's NOT our's
    "Not yet, if we killed him it would be"
    no. it wouldn't. It didn't work last time did it?
    "no... well nearly..."
    do you want to end up back in the padded room?
    "NO, NO, no.. not the room, not the music"
    Good be quite then
    "mine it WILL be mine.."
    Quiet, they are starting to stare...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Lovin' the DT 1 signed by Whelan, Nick .. the rest of the artists signed volumes (given that you don't have them all yet) in the series should be a doddle now that the most difficult to procure is done and dusted
    Well, I don't have them all signed yet but I did get another one scratched off my list yesterday, with a little bonus. Will post pictures once in my hands.
    If it's DT IV I will have to kill you - nothing personal you understand
    Ok 'kill' maybe a bit extreme. I will however stare very, very jealously at your avatar from behind the safety of my computer screen. AND I may occasionally mutter incoherently about "mine goddamit! it should be mine!" - so don't think you're getting off lightly !

"I still say we should kill him"
    No - we are not going to kill him, he's a nice man
    "but he has one of our books"
    No, he hasn't said he's got that one and any way it's NOT our's
    "Not yet, if we killed him it would be"
    no. it wouldn't. It didn't work last time did it?
    "no... well nearly..."
    do you want to end up back in the padded room?
    "NO, NO, no.. not the room, not the music"
    Good be quite then
    "mine it WILL be mine.."
    Quiet, they are starting to stare...
    LMAO. That got a good laugh out of me this morning!!!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Wizard & Glass S/L with custom replacement slipcase-

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic books, and I really like the way you've presented them for the photos
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The house that my wife and I bought has a root cellar attached to the basement. It has a consistent temperature of 40-60 degrees Fahrenheit, perfect for storing beer and wine. Nonetheless, it is stocked at all times! Another collection, of course, although it is constantly rotating!

Now that is a collection!
    I love IPA's. What style(s) are your favorites?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The house that my wife and I bought has a root cellar attached to the basement. It has a consistent temperature of 40-60 degrees Fahrenheit, perfect for storing beer and wine. Nonetheless, it is stocked at all times! Another collection, of course, although it is constantly rotating!

Glad to see some New Glarus Unplugged in there.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Now that is a collection!
    I love IPA's. What style(s) are your favorites?
    I love me some IPA's!!! I mainly have barleywines/ stouts/ sours/ old ales in the cellar as they can handle aging the best, but the fridge is stocked with the hoppy stuff. Although my tastes wander with the seasons, my most favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. I could drink that beer any day of the year!!!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

I would have it no other way. Their fruit beers are some of the best in the country and it is my main trade bait in the beer game.... I can pretty much score anything with New Glarus brews!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have it no other way. Their fruit beers are some of the best in the country and it is my main trade bait in the beer game.... I can pretty much score anything with New Glarus brews!!!
    If you want some of THE best IPA's, and Double-IPA's; come to California. PM me and maybe we can exchange great beers (but no fluids-sorry I don't roll like that, and it is Flu-H1N1 season).

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

If you want some of THE best IPA's, and Double-IPA's; come to California. PM me and maybe we can exchange great beers (but no fluids-sorry I don't roll like that, and it is Flu-H1N1 season).
    I agree, West Coast IPA's are the best! The wife and I were in SF for part of our honeymoon, later on we stayed further up the coast. One of my "must visit" places was Russian River Brewery. I had Pliny/ Blind Pig previously, but oh my god it was so delicious straight from the source! We have a few choice Midwest IPA/ IIPA being released soon, I will shoot you a PM and we can work something out!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Their Belgian ales in the large wax sealed bottles are a favorite of mine as well.

A friend of mine opened a brewery in Kenosha a little over a year ago and just made his first sour. It's the first I've tried, but I liked it quite a bit.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to add some more books from my collection. Here's my Green Mile gift edition, one of my most favorite stories!!!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My H&S Just After Sunset-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Easton Press The Dead Zone w/ The Collector's slipcase-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy of Knowing Darkness back in it's rightful place, now that the Christmas decorations have been put away for the year....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to add some more books from my collection. Here's my Green Mile gift edition, one of my most favorite stories!!!

One of mine as well!! Congrats on all the new acquisitions!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

One of mine as well!! Congrats on all the new acquisitions!!!
    Hey Bill, I wish I had the money to have picked all these up at once!!! These have all been with me for some time, just time consuming to set up and take pictures....well worth the time it takes, really making me appreciate what I own!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice set-up on the Green Miles.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see Knowing Darkness out on display, rather than just tucked away like mine!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Nice to see Knowing Darkness out on display, rather than just tucked away like mine!
    It's one of the first books people notice and pick up when they walk into the room. I think it is serving it's purpose perfectly! (that and I would chop fingers off if they grabbed anything else...)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    It's one of the first books people notice and pick up when they walk into the room. I think it is serving it's purpose perfectly! (that and I would chop fingers off if they grabbed anything else...)
    Can't say I would blame you!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast