Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Haven Fund Raiser...

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Thanks for the info merlin!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$4,647.00!!!!

We have a new donor I believe!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$4,658.00!!!!

Spoiler:
    Someone is messing with me, right? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

That was me! First one was in my brother's name/memory. Second one was just a second little donation from me. Two significant numbers to me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    That was me! First one was in my brother's name/memory. Second one was just a second little donation from me. Two significant numbers to me.

Many, many thanks!! I do this each year for the memory of my nephew, Mikey who passed away at 21 from chronic illness and my, Mom who recently left us, so I know from whence you speak!! Good deal, they will all be remembered here!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a "Whopper" of an auction coming out on Wednesday!!! You will not want to miss this one!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just in case anyone missed it, the total has been updated to:
    $8,000!

We have an outside chance to hit our target of $12,500, but need everyone's help.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$8,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to check out the items for sale by Rachel!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...aven-Fund-2014

All things benefit the Haven Fund!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus, that escalated quickly. lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Helps when 2 auctions end and each are ~$700.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Helps when 2 auctions end and each are ~$700.
    I think the one on now... will hit a grand
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam JulesH will become famous soon enough JulesH's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I'm quite new to the site and was just wondering why the auction items do not offer international shipping. There have been a lot of awesome items that I would have loved to bid on!!
    Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage. Ray Bradbury

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JulesH View Post
    Hi, I'm quite new to the site and was just wondering why the auction items do not offer international shipping. There have been a lot of awesome items that I would have loved to bid on!!
    If you really want it, don't let that stop you. I'm sure there are many members here that would help out if asked to provide a US address. I personally use a parcel forwarding service called ipsparcel.com. You get a personal US address and they use FedEx or UPS to ship (at reduced rates).
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JulesH View Post
    I will ship items internationally, with prior arrangement. It can be terribly expensive.

Along the Path of the Beam JulesH will become famous soon enough JulesH's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info - it's good to know I can bid on future auctions. International shipping is obscene, sometimes costing as much as the book! I'll defintely check out ipsparcel, sounds like it could be a more economic option .
    Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage. Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Widget total: $4,668.00!!!

Grand Total: Very high, indeed!!!

I don't want to "Jinx" things, but we may just make the "Goal", or very close to it this year, despite all the hiccups!! That's a testament to the members of this site!! The best community on the WWW, IMHO!!! We team up, we are generous, we collect and most of all, we work together!!! Well done, so far, TDT.Org!!! Keep up the great work!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hear, hear!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Hear, hear!
    Yes indeed!!! The last chip in us hitting goal may very well be how well, Rachel' pieces that she is offering do. So, pick up a finely crafted, beautiful piece of art and support the Haven Fund as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can tell you that if funds were no objection, Rachel's pieces would be the next step in my collecting ventures. They are just amazing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As the site' official "Haven Fund Whore" I am officially resetting the "Widget" goal to $5,000.00!!! Can we do it laddies???? I think we can. As a show of support the "widget" total is currently, $4,668.00. I'll make it $4,680.00!! Let's get going my, minions!!! Muwhahahahaha!!!

$4,680.00!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, The Long Walk is one of my favourite novels and Ray Garretty is No 47 AND I owe $10 for someone getting my riddle solved, so let's double that and get us to...

$4700 !!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Well, The Long Walk is one of my favourite novels and Ray Garretty is No 47 AND I owe $10 for someone getting my riddle solved, so let's double that and get us to...

$4700 !!!

Many, many thanks, Simon!!!

We are realizing the end game here folks!!! A little over a month to go!! Get your donations in now to be an entrant for the "Grand Prize Giveaway"!!!! $10 gets you a ticket and don't forget to check out the latest auction items!!!

There may also be a "contest" or two that you can win for an entry!!! Let's get on board folks!!!

Spoiler:
    You are aware that the "Grand Prize Giveaway" includes a SK signed book, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$4,710,00, English Bitch!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I am new, and I am getting a message from the site saying I don't have permission when I try to do Advanced Search, I have no way to tell whether my question has been raised and answered already. Cry pardon, especially to Forum Managers, etc for the extra work this may cause them...

I'd like to know what the Haven Fund Raiser is or was.

I don't see any description here and don't see any basic info about it at the top sticky part of the list of threads for this topic.
    Thanks.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Gottaluvoy

The short answer is each year this site and its members, driven/lead by a few very hard workers, raise funds over a four (five?) month period to donate to the Haven charity. The Haven charity was set up by Sai King himself to help support writers that have fallen on bad times for a variety of reasons.

The site here raises funds by members donating items to sell, arranging donations from publishers/artists to sell, or just from having a bit of fun and donating directly.

Each year Sai King has agreed to offer a Grand Prize, which anyone who donates $10 or more goes in to a prize draw to win, which is a book of his inscribed to the winner. Last years book was a Gift edition of IT that Stephen inscribed to the winner and his five year old son. It was awesome.

Merlin1958 is this years expert, and I'm sure when he sees your post he will add to my comments here.

Welcome to the site!

Cheers
    James

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast