Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odd One Out

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Odd One Out

In an effort to divert the brains of people trying to solve my other easy riddle, I thought I'd post a tricky one...

Which of these characters is the odd one out and why?

Randall Flagg
    Eddie Dean
    Danny Torrance
    Bill Denbrough
    Dolores Claiborne
    Annie Wilkes
    Johnny Smith
    Beverly Marsh
    Christine
    Susannah Dean
    Duddits
    Gage Creed
    Roland Deschain
    Stuart Redman
    Pennywise
    George Denbrough
    Leyland Gaunt
    Carrie White

The answer is not going to be as simple as 'Pennywise' because he's the only clown or Christine because it's the only one that's a car... You need to think harder than that I'm afraid....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears first saw the two obvious answers, then read your remark at the bottom of the post

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question (which you don't have to answer!) - is the list exhaustive? I mean, if yet another character was listed among these, would it be an odd one too?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You said I don't have to answer, so I won't, at least not yet...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

: nods and pretends to have drawn conclusions :

Country
    Country Flag

LOL, one more false answer: Susannah Dean is the only one whom you've misspelled

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit, that's the one I was going to go with ... OK, let's see how my brain works ...

A lot of them have double letters in a row ... but a few of them don't.
    It's not because the answer doesn't have an "a" in it or an "e", etc ...
    The first letter in the first name isn't always chronologically before the last letter of the second name, and vice versa.
    The same goes for first letter in the first name and last letter in the first name, or last name.
    Nothing to do with syllables.
    Nothing to do with names that are nouns (Flagg, Dean, Marsh)
    Nothing to do with Kathy Bates movies
    Nothing to do with groupings of characters regarding Dark Tower books ...

That's all I've got for now.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    LOL, one more false answer: Susannah Dean is the only one whom you've misspelled
    Oops ( i knew i'd spell at least one wrong) - now fixed

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Randall Flagg
    Eddie Dean
    Danny Torrance
    Bill Denbrough
    Dolores Claiborne
    Annie Wilkes
    Johnny Smith
    Beverly Marsh
    Christine
    Susanna Dean
    Duddits<------because it is the only one that is a nickname and not the real one.
    Gage Creed
    Roland Deschain
    Stuart Redman
    Pennywise
    George Denbrough
    Leyland Gaunt
    Carrie White

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mystima - that whilst being correct, is not the answer I am looking for, sorry.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Randall Flagg most likely isn't his real name ... Pennywise most likely isn't his real name ... Leyland Gaunt most likely isnt his real name ... Susannah Dean's real name is Odetta Holmes ... Nopes.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to go with Pennywise, because he's the only clown.

If that's not it, then Christine, because it's the only one that's a only car.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

You have forgotten the face of your father...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ok question time....did Stuart Redman kill, hurt, or maim anyone?...i can't remember

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    ok question time....did Stuart Redman kill, hurt, or maim anyone?...i can't remember
    Yes, He escapes the Stovington Facility by killing the man sent to assassinate him.

The fact that I know this does not necessarily mean you are on the right track though

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Would the answer involve any Dr Sleep spoilers?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Would the answer involve any Dr Sleep spoilers?
    It would not

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

then I would say young Danny Torrance then because he hasn't killed, maimed, or hurt anyone in the books...but then I could be wrong....lol

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not the answer

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    then I would say young Danny Torrance then because he hasn't killed, maimed, or hurt anyone in the books...but then I could be wrong....lol
    crap...neither did George Denbrough...well back to the drawing board....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Yeah, you forgot my face!!!!

Spoiler:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Yeah, you forgot my face!!!!

Spoiler:

and that children, is why you dont go clicking spoilers...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna take some drinking to scrape that one off the back of your eyeballs, eh??? LOL

Peace!! (Drops microphone to the floor)

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

am glad i was only drinking water....my nose hurts but not as bad if it was Dr Pepper....lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast