Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Should we add a section for paperback 1st's/covers/variants?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Should we add a section for paperback 1st's/covers/variants?

I was looking around for the ISBN # for the paperback 1st of Firestarter and I started thinking maybe we need to add a section in the Wiki that includes all the covers and variants (movie tie-ins) of the SK paperback 1st printings and ISBN and copyright page info. What are everyone's thoughts?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I was looking around for the ISBN # for the paperback 1st of Firestarter and I started thinking maybe we need to add a section in the Wiki that includes all the covers and variants (movie tie-ins) of the SK paperback 1st printings and ISBN and copyright page info. What are everyone's thoughts?
    That is a monumental task. One which I personally don't wish to take on. If "complete" it would be stunning.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check into justin's bibliography?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Check into justin's bibliography?
    Good point.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

0-451-09964-8 395
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My idea for a "perfect catalog" would be something like the Short Works section. One thread per item (short story/novel), a big main, informative listing at the top for the first appearance, and then smaller, less informative listings under that for all the subsequent appearances. English-speaking items only, with a completely separate section for all non-English items. Start from the first appearance and work all the way to the most recent appearance. And then stay current.

But, as my Short Works section can attest, it's a lot of work that no one really has time for. Unfortunately.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I am for it... US and UK would be very nice
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    My idea for a "perfect catalog" would be something like the Short Works section. One thread per item (short story/novel), a big main, informative listing at the top for the first appearance, and then smaller, less informative listings under that for all the subsequent appearances. English-speaking items only, with a completely separate section for all non-English items. Start from the first appearance and work all the way to the most recent appearance. And then stay current.

But, as my Short Works section can attest, it's a lot of work that no one really has time for. Unfortunately.
    And, to me anyway, it has always seemed like a rehash of work that has already been done by Justin Brooks in his excellent bibliography.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And, to me anyway, it has always seemed like a rehash of work that has already been done by Justin Brooks in his excellent bibliography.
    Yes, with the exception of a few things:

1) Cover images
    2) A dedicated "forum" for that particular short story, novel, proof, item (each page has a Discussion tab at the top)
    3) The ability to stay current and easily correctable.
    4) It's OURS.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps when Shannon finishes the Short Works section, he might consider tackling it. Otherwise it's unlikely to happen at this time.
    If someone had EVERY bit of the info handy, I could create the entries over the course of a few days, but I just don't have the time to start it from scratch.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think a list of US 1st printing trade and mass-market paperbacks is feasible. I'm pretty sure Steve (ur2ndbiggestfan) has them all in his collection but scanning all the covers would be a hell of a job.

Adding variants/reprints/movie tie-ins (Bruce!!) will make it virtually impossible. UK 1sts are hard too - the information about which editions are the actual 1sts is sometimes misleading/confusing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Yes, with the exception of a few things:

1) Cover images
    2) A dedicated "forum" for that particular short story, novel, proof, item (each page has a Discussion tab at the top)
    3) The ability to stay current and easily correctable.
    4) It's OURS.
    1) Yes, I agree. Although it's very likely that it will be more easily done by him, although i dont think that he will work on it. Too much hassle, for a too little result.
    2) I dont see the point of that. Already in Justin's bibliography.
    3) Justin will now offer an annual update of his ebook, as he constantly works on it.
    4) Who cares?
    Justin's work is amazing. He built over a decade.. and that's HIS WORK.
    I dont want to use his work, slightly edit it... and say that this is mine.
    And finally, the digital version of his book is wonderful.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. herbertwest, per your last message, you should totally close your website down. All of the wonderful foreign covers and great information and such ... well, it's all been done before. Everything on your website can be found easily enough somewhere else online or in books. You have a bibliography section on your website. Well ... Justin did it, so ... just go ahead and delete it.

I love Justin Brooks' book(s), it is a cornerstone for every serious King collector. But just as HE got and verified HIS info from somewhere, his book is now a venue to get and verify OUR info from, along with the multitude of other sources, including our own collections.

And by #4 being OURS, I meant that it is a Community Project, something that we all contribute and work on.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. herbertwest, per your last message, you should totally close your website down. All of the wonderful foreign covers and great information and such ... well, it's all been done before. Everything on your website can be found easily enough somewhere else online or in books. You have a bibliography section on your website. Well ... Justin did it, so ... just go ahead and delete it.

I love Justin Brooks' book(s), it is a cornerstone for every serious King collector. But just as HE got and verified HIS info from somewhere, his book is now a venue to get and verify OUR info from, along with the multitude of other sources, including our own collections.

And by #4 being OURS, I meant that it is a Community Project, something that we all contribute and work on.
    My son. Thanks for nailing the frenchy..
    Padre

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Perhaps when Shannon finishes the Short Works section, he might consider tackling it. Otherwise it's unlikely to happen at this time.
    If someone had EVERY bit of the info handy, I could create the entries over the course of a few days, but I just don't have the time to start it from scratch.
    Oh, come on "Merlin" you are retired, devilishly handsome and have little else to occupy your time. You could knock it out in a week, being the "expert" that you are. Everyone here knows you have "The" most interesting and comprehensive King Collection on the internet!!! LOL Even "Carlosdetweiller" comes to you for advice and consultation!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Nice try, but the covers on my website are a small part of it. It's so not important that it's not updated since over 5 years.
    And you forget one MAJOR thing about my website : it's french and deals with both english AND french publications.

But anyway, do whatever you want. If you have some time to spare, that's your problem