Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Shaq

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely. My first memories of tv was, and don’t hold me to it, either doctor who, or Rachel welch and 1,000,000 bc….not sure which, well maybe Hartley hare.. first 3!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My top King Shelf (well almost). Numbered The Stand, Publisher Copy Skeleton Crew and Artist Presentation Talisman.

I just stand and look at these often. My Gargoyle doesn’t let me touch 😁

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill shelf……it’s a beauty. Horns, 1984, Fireman. Full Throttle…hang on, thats a lettered….

The pinnacle of my Hill/King collection. Collecting is a weird addiction to have.some people NEED everything, some don’t. But occasionally there’s a pull, a calling that a collector gets, and this is one of them for me.

Only 26 exist with Hill, King and McKeane signatures. Plus and original work of art.

I love the colours, and the style, and the stories.

One of the stories (Wolverton Station) was written on a train journey in the uk between Wolverhampton and Liverpool, a journey I have taken, and love because I can imagine how Joe could built his story on a train line I’ve been on several times.

Also, note, the person who sold me this book, James A is a cool guy, who is a dream to talk to and deal with. A total pleasure. Collecting books is a lovely hobby to have, but talking/messaging others who have such a passion and kindness to others is a privilege to appreciate.

Country
    Country Flag

Ten years plus of collecting right here.

Fairy Tale is a cracking retell of several King stories.part Later, part Talisman, but fun to read.

The whole story of buying a copy, with the trials and tribulations of securing a copy is typical of any Limited King release. I bought 4 copies before the official release, from Waterstones, Hachards etc, before the official release happened. And then, in an unusual turn, the book took over an hour to sell out….what! Others have taken seconds….well I managed two, assisting my purchase of the delightful anthology shown in this picture….the very best of the best of the best…. Signed by so many authors. Check my earlier post to see king, hill, Straub, barker, Gaiman, plus others on the same signature page. The best anthology page fore me, bar none.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Absolutely delightful David.
    Lovely to see something different that still maintains its integrity.
    (Dr. Who fan. The things you learn on this forum!).
    Congratulations.

I know, not the biggest expert on Who, but I can still talk forever on the subject.. love it

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, my original post failed…..

Some great books and stories here.

The Long Walk has such a long history with me, from the original purchase, to me skipping away, fresh from Mr King signing it for me. Enabled by a free ticket to a signing by Ceri Vale, aka Calla Wolf.

Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary, signed to Dave, a day before my 21st birthday….not to me specifically, but I’ll take it.

Perfect Dead Zone, immaculate.

Sleeping Beauty….cd email saying buy before it sold out…. Tried to match my uk version, but sent a diff number.

And last but not least, Postscripts, bought from Amazon for around £140… nice. Currently awaiting a sub press green mile for approximately £50…..I’ll be happy if that works, if not, send it back.

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll post more shelves, but getting late….

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply exquisite. Congratulations! I feel blessed to look at the production values of the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome, I love to just pause and take stock…quite often.

Suntup exiting stuff..again, wonderful books, with a signed McCarthy in the middle of them all.

Genourous people allowed me to purchase the Replay lettered, my favourite none king story ever, and the seller even sent it to me when I still had to pay for 75% of it still. I love the trust placed on me to repay, without question. Another amazing person to deal with.

Country
    Country Flag

Thomas Harris spectacular. It’s only downfall is not matching set, but hey ho, it’s still a cracking collection.

I just need a signed Black Sunday to complete my set.

Country
    Country Flag

More Suntup books, some of my favourite. War of the Worlds, a story I’ve loved since childhood, biblio, and auctioneer, stories I would never have read if it wasn’t for Paul educating me.

Country
    Country Flag

Some cracking books on this shelf. The talisman, one of my favourite stories has some of the best art in this version. Even have the gruffalo signed. Love it

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting shelf, Exorcists signed, including additional Linda Blair signature on my numbered CD (hidden away in the lettered traycase).

Also Ash, signed personally to me. Tito Villa from back in the day attended a signing, and he got me this, it reads “to Dave, where were you? James Herbert”. Immense

Country
    Country Flag

Gaiman. The man’s stories terrify me. Manufacturing babies for food! Nightmare stuff.

Also his poetry is so frank, often brutal and honest in a way I never could be over such personal loss. Words of Fire. One page at a time..

Country
    Country Flag

Hugh Howey…awesome read

Country
    Country Flag

Jonathon Strange is such a good read. Looking forward to a folio version later this year (Vess illustrated if rumours are correct). I would have loved a Lyra version of this one

Country
    Country Flag

A few autobiographies. Famous comedians, footballers and Musicians

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if I posted this one, but it’s the top of the list. I have some additional books to add when they are finished, arête, Lyra, Conversation Press, and Suntup lettered amityville.

Country
    Country Flag

So that’s about it for my collection. Kingwise, I’d say I’d be happy if I added 2 more, Eyes of the Dragon, and a Christine, and I could step back and just move books around for the rest of my life.

I’ll add Lyra Press as long as possible, and any new King if it is in my ability.. The Long Walk deluxe would have been another to add, but that is through the roof expensive now, and doesn’t have the same pull as Full Throttle did, or Lyras Dorian Gray Lettered.

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and most books I own have an interesting (to me) story behind them. which makes it fun to look them over. Cheers

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, what a collection.
    Instead of mentioning all the ones that stand out I'll just say that I started reading that version of MICKEY 7 yesterday!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superamazing collection !!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Jonathon Strange is such a good read. Looking forward to a folio version later this year (Vess illustrated if rumours are correct). I would have loved a Lyra version of this one
    Same here. I hope FS does it justice; they often do nice work, but often go dull (I hate what they’ve done with King) and occasionally go weird.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A few autobiographies. Famous comedians, footballers and Musicians
    How are the Hanks, Partridge, Bush, and Edmondson ones?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Long Walk deluxe would have been another to add, but that is through the roof expensive now, and doesn’t have the same pull as Full Throttle did, or Lyras Dorian Gray Lettered.
    Centipede Press just announced (via newsletter) that there will be a few more copies of the deluxe The Long Walk (not signed by King) available soon ($895), if you’re interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast