Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep UK Signed edition limited to 200 copies

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    NAILED ONE AT COVER PRICE
    Spoiler:
    Where there's a will... There's a way.
    Is Will going to help the rest of us out?
    Chances are slim for you see his full name is
    Spoiler:
    Will Knot & like the AD said ONLY 1 BOOK PER (CUSS)TOMER
    Touche, good sir :-)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hey team,
    For bloody good reasons, the sale of my second copy has fallen through, and so I have one available.

At the risk of incuring the wrath of you non-capitalists out there, I am looking to sell for profit (as I only purchased one for myself under the hopes of mitigating some of the cost).

Looking for £350 plus shipping. It will be shipped, unopened, direct from the UK.

PM me and will see if we can sort out a deal.

Cheers
    James
    You intend to sell at a "profit"? You freaking "Aussie" heathen!!! Don't you know that the entire literary world sells just to break even? Fucking "Aussie criminals ruining it for everyone else!!! I am so ashamed!!!

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill - one last time

But seriously folks, any interest in a signed copy of Doctor Sleep?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill - one last time

HAHAHA

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...But seriously folks, any interest in a signed copy of Doctor Sleep?
    This is obviously a polarizing issue....I know you're trying to defray your cost but I would probably be interested if I knew that I wasn't paying a 75% markup for a book so the seller would only need to pay 25% for their copy. When I see this, it just makes me think that I'm being told that I can get a copy if I buy one for you, too.
    But I'm sure someone is willing to pay for it. Looks like TV got £377.77 for his copy on ebay. Good luck with the sale.
    Let the firestorm begin.
    ....and yes I understand capitalism.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Hey I am in favor of capitalism but I look at these specific editions being sold on the secondary market like this....there is no chance in hell im paying more for this edition of Dr. Sleep than I did for the CD edition. It won't be half as nice and is not worth it

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Hey I am in favor of capitalism but I look at these specific editions being sold on the secondary market like this....there is no chance in hell im paying more for this edition of Dr. Sleep than I did for the CD edition. It won't be half as nice and is not worth it
    I agree. From what I've seen of the H&S editions, there's nothing too compelling about them. Especially not at $400-500.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've decided to let my copies go to people here first rather than to people who I don't 'know' or via ebay even though I could get more money for them. 4 copies available (as long as I get them all). £350 including shipping to Europe/US/Canada (normally £25 via UPS 2 day service). Australia, New Zealand, China and far off lands will be about £50 so I'll cover half that in the price for shipping. Those who have sent me a PM and are on the list will be given first dibs.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the camp that is unwilling to pay GBP 350 for this edition for a variety of reasons, but I bear no ill-will to our UK friends and members for selling extra books in whatever venue or for whatever price they choose.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, remember, it will only sell at 350GBP if someone wants to pay it....

And I'm just being up front an honest with the team here as to my reasons for selling this at the price listed. I would happily sell at issue price to friends here if I was in a financial position to do so....

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I am not blaming you for selling it at that price. If i had bought one or two at cover price i would too, in a heartbeat.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    ...But seriously folks, any interest in a signed copy of Doctor Sleep?
    This is obviously a polarizing issue....I know you're trying to defray your cost but I would probably be interested if I knew that I wasn't paying a 75% markup for a book so the seller would only need to pay 25% for their copy. When I see this, it just makes me think that I'm being told that I can get a copy if I buy one for you, too.
    But I'm sure someone is willing to pay for it. Looks like TV got £377.77 for his copy on ebay. Good luck with the sale.
    Let the firestorm begin.
    ....and yes I understand capitalism.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this - it appears this edition hasn't even sold out yet with a few of our members here posting as late as yesterday they got copies at issue price - if it was available to the us market most of us here would have helped sell out already - thats why an extra 140 pounds seems a little expensive for this edition. To me, a slipcase and extra print aren't worth near as much as CD amazing production quality.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually agree that the CD publication will be better quality too. But there are 750 of those vs 200 of these....

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I actually agree that the CD publication will be better quality too. But there are 750 of those vs 200 of these....
    I agree that the number increases the rarity factor but the fact that its just a slightly modified trade is kind of disappointing. I'm not saying however that you shouldn't try to get what you want for it - if you can get it, more power to you!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Basic supply and demand ... if someone wants/needs something and they are willing to pay the price, it will sell. If price is too high or they don't want/need it bad enough, it won't. Nothing wrong with making a profit, and I particularly appreciate it when the seller is right up front about it, especially among friends.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly the way I feel about it. If you don't want it at whatever price, then DON'T BUY IT!

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    Wow. That's rude. Just couldn't figure out why my post didn't show. Pardon me for sharing the news.
    I guess your posts were not showing up so you posted the news several times. I can understand that.
    However, I find it hard to believe you were so disgusted with my rudeness that you dont show up again and share other items of interest
    Sorry Steerpike but it really does irritate me when people show up here for the sole purpose of pitching their wares yet have no interest in contributing anything
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Careful with that "contributing" talk TN....next thing you know Jerome is going to force people from this section to venture out and post in other sections...and then from there we just rename the site DT.NET.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a spare copy that I would like to offer as trade for preferably SL Shining or SL Dark Man, please drop me a line to discuss, cheers.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we're all being upfront and I am as honest as the day is long... I need the money to fulfill a dream of having my own kiln so that I can fire my own pottery work rather than having to pay someone else way over the odds to use theirs. I can't afford to buy one as they cost a fortune to buy. Selling these books at £350 including shipping will mean I can just about manage to buy that kiln, it won't cover the cost of the kiln, far from it. I'll then have to spend money from my own funds to have all the electrics wired into the outbuilding which will be my workshop. Anyone who buys from me would be helping me out BIG TIME!!

£325 plus £25 for shipping is a fair market price and they are selling on ebay at £350+, I have had offers of £400 by email from people who I don't actually know, they must know of me from my artwork or website or something but as I said, I decided to let people here have them if they want them.

I certainly don't want to be seen as being greedy or extortionate and I think I have done a lot for the website and community with the Haven Fund contributions, swapping books with people and getting UK books for people and shipping them out at no extra cost etc and I will continue to do this if I can.

There are lots of people here who sell books way over the retail price every single time a book is released, look at Joyland only a few weeks ago. There have been numerous debates over this subject and the majority see it as perfectly acceptable and nobody has ever offered me books at cost but then I don't begrudge them selling at whatever price I, or anyone else is willing to pay. I, like many here, cannot afford to buy books time after time and have a complete collection or anything even close, occasionally I manage to have spare cash to grab odd copies here and there.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still 20 copies left, trying to get more ...

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a friend in UK for shipping, however they won't let me use US billing address (paying with US CC).... thoughts ?

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    That's insane that a king s/l still has copies this late after being announced.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    That's insane that a king s/l still has copies this late after being announced.
    I think it's because the North American buyers have effectively been shut out of buying this one directly.

John

John F. Kennedy Steerpike is on a distinguished road

Nadine, your disbelief is erroneous. I was pretty upset, actually, and would have replied further but (perhaps wisely) the thread was closed. I remain deeply divided on whether I wish to be part of a community that is so cliquey (?) that it has no tolerance for new members whose input does not meet your strict (albeit two-faced) views on what is acceptable. Before I posted that information, I read much of this thread, and that of "Joyland", and both are replete with members both buying and selling SK books. This is a good thing, it seems to me, and if my contribution was in keeping, and potentially of value, I was happy to throw it in the ring. I certainly did not expect to get flamed in the process. Randall's response that you at least stated "I don't want to bust your balls or anything" (before you went ahead and did it anyway) and that actually excuses you in some way is beyond my understanding, to be honest. He goes on to state that I was treated better here than some on other forum sites. It seems a poor measure to me, that it's okay to be rude over here, as long as you're not as rude as the guys over there. I read something recently, and I'll be darned if I can recall where (I have this nagging voice in my head saying it was in an SK book - if so, one of you can probably enlighten me, and correct my sorry butchering of what follows) - it went something like "he was randy and erect with his own continued self-existence" - that's what sprang to mind when I read your post, and that of your compatriot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast