Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness w/ Whelan drawing

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    The massive version is 40 pounds. The "smaller" is less but still big!

Both versions-the big one and the massive one!
    I have both versions for sale if interested!
    I read this last night and thought: "40 lbs?! Is that right? That can't be right". And I went I dug out my "smaller, big" edition, which I hadn't bothered to break out of it's original packaging and shipping box since I got it all those years ago, and, damn- that sucker just might actually weigh close to 40 lbs. That is incredible to me.

First- sincere thanks, Mike, for nudging me to sit for quite awhile and actually enjoy this magnificent production. It's really a crime that books like this sometimes (in my case) get stashed away and never enjoyed for the sheer craftsmanship involved. Had a lot of fun realizing just how great this book really is, and especially- the behemoth signed traycased edition.

But- the realization (remembrance? my brains seem to leak nowadays) that there was an even larger volume out there really piqued my interest. It looks like Bob posted pics of his copy long ago but I can't seem to find them now. Are there any pics of this uber rare ginormous leather edition somewhere?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

I read this last night and thought: "40 lbs?! Is that right? That can't be right". And I went I dug out my "smaller, big" edition, which I hadn't bothered to break out of it's original packaging and shipping box since I got it all those years ago, and, damn- that sucker just might actually weigh close to 40 lbs. That is incredible to me.

First- sincere thanks, Mike, for nudging me to sit for quite awhile and actually enjoy this magnificent production. It's really a crime that books like this sometimes (in my case) get stashed away and never enjoyed for the sheer craftsmanship involved. Had a lot of fun realizing just how great this book really is, and especially- the behemoth signed traycased edition.

But- the realization (remembrance? my brains seem to leak nowadays) that there was an even larger volume out there really piqued my interest. It looks like Bob posted pics of his copy long ago but I can't seem to find them now. Are there any pics of this uber rare ginormous leather edition somewhere?
    How funny, Ron. I was thinking the same thing as I was looking at my Knowing Darkness. Actually Jaw dropping in my case. Another book from my collection did that to me recently: Secretary of Dreams!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

How funny, Ron. I was thinking the same thing as I was looking at my Knowing Darkness. Actually Jaw dropping in my case. Another book from my collection did that to me recently: Secretary of Dreams!

Nice pull, Bryan- I forget how much I liked that first volume- that's next!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Nice pull, Bryan- I forget how much I liked that first volume- that's next!
    The cool thing about it is you do not even have to be a fan of the art to appreciate the TIME that went into it. And what a great concept to start with.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This just arrived. Going to framing shop soon.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Congratulations brother.. glad this worked out for us!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, El Jefe!!!

Kinda looks like your wife says you do when you wake up in the morning!!! lol

Seriously, an awesome addition. Don't you ever run out of wall space?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Actually I'm getting close for wall space, but IMO art must be moved throughout the house every few years. Not every piece but I have ~10 plus original oil on canvas pieces, or very limited Chagall prints that are fairly large (3'x5' or larger). I rotate where I hang them on a semi-regular basis.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Actually I'm getting close for wall space, but IMO art must be moved throughout the house every few years. Not every piece but I have ~10 plus original oil on canvas pieces, or very limited Chagall prints that are fairly large (3'x5' or larger). I rotate where I hang them on a semi-regular basis.
    That's an excellent idea. I should give it a go as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jerome!
    Sorry if it's posted elsewhere but how many (Whelan's) in your collection does this make?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This makes 7.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This makes 7.
    NICEEEEEEEE. You now own near a 3rd of the remarques done for Knowing. I know David has one too.... If I see any other... I will let you know
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Three members here have one, including a two-sided piece. I think the piece David owns is not an official one from KD, but rather a custom one Whelan did of Davis as Father Callahan.

Country
    Country Flag

Three members here have one, including a two-sided piece. I think the piece David owns is not an official one from KD, but rather a custom one Whelan did of Davis as Father Callahan.
    Nope. He has one. I sold it to AKC (tim) and then he to David. It is the Dark Man with his arms open and it was George Beahms. It was his fav and he kept it. Then sold it to me. I needed money and let it go. Its my favourite Knowing piece other than maybe East Tennessee's. It was framed too I remember.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would love to see the image.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nope. He has one. I sold it to AKC (tim) and then he to David. It is the Dark Man with his arms open and it was George Beahms. It was his fav and he kept it. Then sold it to me. I needed money and let it go. Its my favourite Knowing piece other than maybe East Tennessee's. It was framed too I remember.
    Hmmm. "AKC/Tim" that's a blast from the past!!! I wonder what ever became of him? I purchased a lot of books from him in the past. He was sorts my "Go to guy" and was even on my, Christmas list. Anybody have any info on him? I hope he and his family are doing well. He was/is a great guy and an awesome seller. Never had a blip of an issue with anything he sold to me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just back from the framer. Hard to not get a reflection:

Country
    Country Flag

I love it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Gorgeous piece!
    Lovely choice of frame and mount.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

cant a "regular guy" get a KD Whelan around here???

between El Jefe and Webstar they have cornered the Whelan Market!

you know im just jelly!

congrats on your latest and coming acquisitions fellas!

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i really wish there was a resource that had all of the whelan drawings done for KD Deluxe that you could see all in one place a la the Collector's website
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have most here/ Trying to get "all" is a moving target as there is no known number of pieces. Confidence is high that there are 30 or less, but beyond that, one can only guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks amazing framed.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast