Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have emailed from here and the site and no response... anyone know if he is still in business?

EDIT: Weeks ago...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have emailed from here and the site and no response... anyone know if he is still in business?

Definitely still in business. I corresponded with him last week regarding a Dark Carnival case.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

Definitely still in business. I corresponded with him last week regarding a Dark Carnival case.
    Strange... not getting back to me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange... not getting back to me.
    Same here....sent him an inquiry on a Salem's Lot slipcase and havent heard back. Maybe he's having a busy week? I've been there...

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Gunslinger case Mr. Olson created for me. I've had this for a few months now, but forgot to share!

Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Now I just need a Gunslinger and I can get one of those!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dick is still in business, I can tell you he is working on something a little bit more technically challenging right now that he is trying to get finished, so he can then get it on its way to me to work on. He is always very busy anyway so that goes without saying.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Country
    Country Flag

I did hear from Dick and YES he is very busy. I am on a waiting list but will gladly wait to get my project completed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear webstar1000! I'm patiently waiting on the same list. Happy to be on it as long as it takes
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear webstar1000! I'm patiently waiting on the same list. Happy to be on it as long as it takes
    100% bro
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Love The Gunslinger case above. Very cool. If I ever end up with a second first edition, its going to get the Dolso treatment.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Hello Strangers!!!

I used to get email notifications when someone posted to one of my subscribed threads or sent a PM but haven't gotten one in several months. Don't know what happened to that - I probably screwed the pooch somehow and deleted the option (I never claimed to be very computer literate...). At any rate, I appreciate the nice comments! Thank You! As was mentioned a time or two, there seem to not be enough hours in the day - between the back-order list, visits to hospitals (not for me - for a couple of family members) I haven't done much of anything on the computer. But, being busy keeps me out of the bars & usually out of trouble!

As Rachel said, the project I'm working on with her is pretty much kicking my ass!! I just hope the finished product isn't going to ruin my rep! For some reason, I'm have a hard time making all the pieces fit with this one! The good thing is with her art work being incorporated into the case, it will more than make up for any shortcomings on my part!! I have somewhere around 25-30 cases on back-order but feel free to drop me a line if you're interested in getting on the waiting list. I AM still in business - After I finish the Rachel showcase, I'll be on to Merlin's 'Peter Case'...(don't ask...)

I think I've responded to all of the emails/PMs but if you've sent one & haven't heard from me yet, try again. If all else fails, holler at Bill - he can usually wake me up and get me off my duff if he needs to.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    After I finish the Rachel showcase, I'll be on to Merlin's 'Peter Case'...(don't ask...)
    Well at least that one shouldn't take much wood

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I commissioned a Dark Carnival case and some pictures arrived today. Very happy with how it turned out

Wanted:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that is beautiful! Love the Dolso!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
    Wanted:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great case. Congrats!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the case did turn out quite nice. Glenns' work can sometimes get a little too detailed to engrave nicely but this one turned out great! We 'test engraved' it on a similar piece of Mahogany to see how it came out before doing the lid. The engraving came from the drawing in the background. It's the first 'Dark Carnival' I've done! The book is smaller than I expected......
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's high time I posted a few current pics. My apologies for ignoring you all for so long.

This is a fairly recent case for Knowing Darkness. I didn't do any of these for a LONG time -- call me a weenie but I was a bit superstitious of these. This is the style case I was building when I almost cut my arm off back in 2010. I was re-reading Night Shift as I was recuperating from the accident... When I got to "The Mangler' (about a machine getting a taste for human blood) it freaked me out. I took the blade off of my table saw and threw it away .... far, far away!! I didn't even take any pictures of this case -- I had to steal Greg's pic. There are 2 sizes of this case - this is the larger of the two.

This one is a pretty generic case for Justin Cronin's 'Twelve'. I'm actually sort of surprised these S/L books didn't come with an issued slipcase. I may be wrong, but I think the first book of the trilogy did come with one. This is made out of White Oak.

I know he's not on here as often as he used to be but I can't post pics without at least one provocation for Merlin. This is his Firestarter Case that has part of the lid singed/burned. It's not a new case but it has a bit of a back-story. He's a much better story teller than I am so, if he sees this, HE can fill in the rest.

These are slipcases for the UK edition of IT. They are done to complement the US 1st 'grate' case with a 1/8 inch painted medallion on the spine.

I'll post some more pics as I get a little time. Hope you like.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE that Firestarter case! It's gorgeous!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    LOVE that Firestarter case! It's gorgeous!
    Its the urine infused varnish that makes it special. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast