To All Ambannon Books Friends & Family,

Hello, and welcome to Occupy Day. I know a lot of you are excited about hearing what I have to say (which totally strokes my ego, by the way, ha!), so let’s get right into it.

As a Stephen King collector, one of my favorite things to collect are books in a designated set. Books in a series that have the same style as each other, whether they’re paperback or hardcover, in English or a foreign language. I love them. I love the way they all look similar, I love the way they look on my bookshelves, I just love to display them. See examples below, in case you don’t know what I am talking about:

At this moment, there is no complete Stephen King "set" in which his entire catalog is collected.

Well, I would like to change that.

Ambannon Books is going to produce a series of dustjackets for your Stephen King collection. From Carrie to Doctor Sleep (or, rather, continuing forever), we will release one dustjacket a month at the price of $9.99, not including shipping. These dustjackets will be limited to 100 copies each, and they will be numbered and signed by the artist.

Speaking of the artist, please allow me to introduce Kelsey East. I stumbled across Kelsey’s work and fell in love. An amazing artist and photographer, she owns her own design company and did a mock-up of some Stephen King covers as an example of some of the book design work she can do.

I absolutely love the concept behind what she did, and with a few tweaks (The Boogeyman is only a short story, for example. The Game of Thrones-type banner design on the spine, for another), these are exactly what I have envisioned in my head for our Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection. So what did I do? I enlisted Kelsey to have a long-term partnership with Ambannon Books, creating these wonderful dustjackets for years to come. Also, I have already gone ahead and have received the approval from Marsha, Stephen King’s assistant, to do this type of project. I would hate to get sued by my favorite writer sometime down the road, as the only things I could pay him with is Stephen King books!

There is a question of size that keeps coming up in my head. Ummm, dustjacket size. My original thought for these dustjackets was that they could be married to book club edition books and make them actually worthwhile to have around. Book club editions, for anyone now in the know, are pretty much worthless in terms of monetary value. So, that would be great. And then we’ll figure something out later for the oversized books and the paperback books. But rest assured, this project is something that both Kelsey East and Ambannon Books are very interested in and excited to be doing. We won’t let you down. So be excited! More updates as we get closer, but Carrie, of course, will be the first dustjacket we produce.

Thanks, and let me know what you think in the comments below. Always interested in hearing honest feedback.

Shannon

P.S. Just an idea I had right now, but I'm pretty sure we'll be doing some kind of $9.99 per dustjacket or "Sign up for a year of dustjackets (12 jackets) for $100!" deal. More to come.