Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 182 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete, I noticed there are about 100 copies of Thinner left. I'm sure eventually this will be a sell-out edition, but I do have a suggestion to make. No idea if it's feasible or not.
    I am not too fond of the alternate edition. The first one I love, the second one doesn't do much for me and I'm not really planning to buy. But, I would buy this alternate edition in no time if the numbers could match. For instance, my Pie-edition is #202-A, and the alternate would be #202-B.
    Just an idea....

sk

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I missed something.....

I see the two covers, but how does one specify what cover they want?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who ordered the book when there was only talk of one edition, are certain to receive the first. The rest either the first or second cover.
    (If I remember correctly.)

sk

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the only difference the cover?

I am considering ordering one, but would only do so if it the "pie" cover.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Is the only difference the cover?

I am considering ordering one, but would only do so if it the "pie" cover.
    Cover and the limitation. I think there will be around 200 with the van cover. I have an order with the pie cover with a matching number and the van cover is whatever number I end up with. $85 seems like a good price for a limited with such a small run.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe each cover has the other design on the inside. So, either way, you get both.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Chums -- Okay, once more into the fray. Here's the way it'll work. The default book is the 'pie' cover. Everyone who orders one copy only will receive that state. mPeople who order two copies will receive one of each. People who actually PREFER the car/van state should specify that and they'll receive it. And Frik, I understand what you're asking but I'm afraid I can't accommodate you. It would mean we'd be increasing the quantity (either that or losing some numbers from the end of the run) and that seems to be a 'cheat' in my opinion. Sorry. Best wishes (enjoy your weekend) -- Pete

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    And Frik, I understand what you're asking but I'm afraid I can't accommodate you. It would mean we'd be increasing the quantity (either that or losing some numbers from the end of the run) and that seems to be a 'cheat' in my opinion. Sorry.
    No problem, Pete. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me/us here.
    Wishing you a great weekend as well,

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only UK member who has "Thinner"? I got pie cover No. 12 and I love Les Edwards work. Even King's facsimile signature is pretty.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Am I the only UK member who has "Thinner"? I got pie cover No. 12 and I love Les Edwards work. Even King's facsimile signature is pretty.
    Got mine yesterday Les Edwards cover with VW camper (letter sub C)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, Mr. Edwards did a couple of things for this year's HF. You guys may want to keep an eye out. They are rather unique pieces.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey folks,
    did i get it right that there was no mail confirmation for the shipment ?
    I am in austria and expect my copy this days, but i do not have any mail.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Hey folks,
    did i get it right that there was no mail confirmation for the shipment ?
    I am in austria and expect my copy this days, but i do not have any mail.
    You are correct, Priest. No shipping notification for me and I've received my copy.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

does anyone here have number #731 of any PS Publishing books?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

NOT KING Warning:

Pete, the tease on ELLISON WONDERLAND was most welcome. Can't wait 'til it goes up for order.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the van cover but love the pie slipcase but would love to get both.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also like the pie cover to but the pie slipcase is the best IMHO.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'll be honest, the older UK limited editions I love. Yes there are no dust jackets and only slipcases, but that's why I love them. Most don't have dust jackets that can get damaged and devalue the book. I don't think that small nicks or dents on a slipcase devalue them (my opinion) as long as the book is unharmed. Also, I love the UK limited books regardless because they seem to have smaller print runs then the US ones. I did order Thinner months ago and I heard they are getting shipped out last week and this week too. I have no idea what my numbered copy is though.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Taveler -- Alas, I can't help you with details of your number or how close your copy is to being delivered. But I can say that Nicky and I spent the entire weekend (Mike, Sheryl and Carole had the weekend off--Booo!) numbering books and ensuring (or trying to ensure) that everybody with a special number request received that number. Believe me. it's a heck of a job.

As regards the lack of dust-jackets, well, you're on your own on that score, alas. We hit on the idea of leaving the jackets off the standard (unsigned) edition as a means primarily of allowing an easy differentiation from the "deluxe" signed edition. But. in general, people got a little antsy about paying out what is, after all, a lot of money for something that, in their eyes, looked cheap. Thus we restored the jackets but we continued to use the artwork on the book's boards AND hit on the idea of leaving off all the type, front, back and spine (not on the jackets, just on the boards). This not only found great favour with readers but also with the artists Nicky deals with, who enjoy seeing their work unadorned.

The print runs on PS books remain very low--generally around the 500-700 copies mark. Of course, there are rule-of-thumb exceptions (Black Wings, Bradbury, Erikson, Hill, King, Lansdale and others) but also wonderful surprises, such as Nate Pederson's recent STARRY WISDOM LIBRARY which will go into reprint very soon. (Who could see THAT one coming!)

I hope that helps. I guess I feel a little chatty this morning (and that's before my cereal and my swim) so you maybe got more info than you wanted. But I see the relationship between PS readers and PS itself as a dialogue, a kind of information highway that helps Nicky, Mike, Nick, Carole, Robert and me to get things as close to right as humanly possible. It doesn't happen every time, and I'm the first to admit it. But heck, that would just be plain boring. I like to have space for improvement and I like it that you folks feel comfortable with the occasional "Hey, Pete, come on now with this yada-yada-yada. We don't ant it that way, we want it like this." Heck, let's face it, PS is YOUR imprint not ours. Cos, let's face it: we can replace the PS team--me included (perish the thought)--but we can't replace the PS audience.

Have a great day.

Pete

Hi Taveler -- Alas, I can't help you with details of your number or how close your copy is to being delivered. But I can say that Nicky and I spent the entire weekend (Mike, Sheryl and Carole had the weekend off--Booo!) numbering books and ensuring (or trying to ensure) that everybody with a special number request received that number. Believe me. it's a heck of a job.

As regards the lack of dust-jackets, well, you're on your own on that score, alas. We hit on the idea of leaving the jackets off the standard (unsigned) edition as a means primarily of allowing an easy differentiation from the "deluxe" signed edition. But. in general, people got a little antsy about paying out what is, after all, a lot of money for something that, in their eyes, looked cheap. Thus we restored the jackets but we continued to use the artwork on the book's boards AND hit on the idea of leaving off all the type, front, back and spine (not on the jackets, just on the boards). This not only found great favour with readers but also with the artists Nicky deals with, who enjoy seeing their work unadorned.

The print runs on PS books remain very low--generally around the 500-700 copies mark. Of course, there are rule-of-thumb exceptions (Black Wings, Bradbury, Erikson, Hill, King, Lansdale and others) but also wonderful surprises, such as Nate Pederson's recent STARRY WISDOM LIBRARY which will go into reprint very soon. (Who could see THAT one coming!)

I hope that helps. I guess I feel a little chatty this morning (and that's before my cereal and my swim) so you maybe got more info than you wanted. But I see the relationship between PS readers and PS itself as a dialogue, a kind of information highway that helps Nicky, Mike, Nick, Carole, Robert and me to get things as close to right as humanly possible. It doesn't happen every time, and I'm the first to admit it. But heck, that would just be plain boring. I like to have space for improvement and I like it that you folks feel comfortable with the occasional "Hey, Pete, come on now with this yada-yada-yada. We don't ant it that way, we want it like this." Heck, let's face it, PS is YOUR imprint not ours. Cos, let's face it: we can replace the PS team--me included (perish the thought)--but we can't replace the PS audience.

Have a great day.

Pete

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go Pete - repeating yourself again

PS without you and the gang? - Perish the thought!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Click edit post then delete.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    NOT KING Warning:

Pete, the tease on ELLISON WONDERLAND was most welcome. Can't wait 'til it goes up for order.
    Just ordered the two-book deluxe edition through Camelot. I already have two editions of EW but the extra book sealed the deal for me.

Hey, Billy -- Fantastic news! We'll eat this weekend after all! Best wishes to all -- Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 182 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast