Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 182 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Is there any verification yet that, as suggested earlier in this thread, that THINNER will run from the rear of the dj to the front, so that "NER" (or thereabouts) will be featured alone on the front? I'm interested in this book, but just can't pull the trigger if that's the layout...that'd bug me every time I'd look at it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'm also hoping the title doesn't start on the back
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it would be silly....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, just read your news, deepest sympathies on the loss of your good friend. I lost my father to cancer just over 2 years ago. It's a shitty disease that seems to accelerate faster than you ever anticipate towards the end.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yes, I would like to echo stroppygoblin's sentiments above to you, Pete. I admit to not knowing much about Graham, but reading your heartfelt eulogy yesterday made me vow to correct that. I've a friend currently battling the damn disease (do we all?), and it's tough on everybody. My sincerest sympathies.

Ron

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry for your loss, Pete.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, sorry to hear of your loss, Pete. Deepest sympathies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear the news Pete
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Pete, trust you are getting along ok.

Any update regarding the anticipated ship date of the Lettered Carrie?

Excited to add that to the shelf!

Cheers.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Is there any verification yet that, as suggested earlier in this thread, that THINNER will run from the rear of the dj to the front, so that "NER" (or thereabouts) will be featured alone on the front? I'm interested in this book, but just can't pull the trigger if that's the layout...that'd bug me every time I'd look at it.
    Just bumping this up to top so that, Pete, if you can address this issue, it'd be great to get an answer one way or the other...have held off thus far, but recognize that time and copies are probably getting short. Thanks!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, you sort of, kind of promised a copy of "Carrie" for the 2015 HF. How is that doing? I have the "PM" in my archive.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pete, you sort of, kind of promised a copy of "Carrie" for the 2015 HF. How is that doing? I have the "PM" in my archive.
    Bill, PM Pete about that. Don't put him on the spot publicly.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi folks

Remember me! No, me either. Look, anything I say now is going to sound pathetic so I don't plan even to try. All I can say is we've been busy. Like, BUSY. Plus Nicky and I lost a good friend and fellow writer and I think that, for a little while anyway, I kind of went off the rails. But I'm back in action now.

However, rather than go rifling back through goodness knows how many postings, I figure the best thing I can suggest is if anyone has any specific questions to ask(like Bill's query about the freebie copy of CARRIE then it'll happen, believe me--but I need to pick up a lot of pieces) then please drop me a line at editor@pspublishing.co.uk and I'll try my damnedest to answer 'em.

If you're clued in to our regular Newsletter then you'll have seen that great progress has been and continues to be made with regard to the deluxe CARRIE. Indeed, I'm expectng the version 2 fuill-color proof/sample and then all we have to do is gold-foil all the various elements with their letter, encase the whole shooting match and send them out. It'll be November now, I reckon.

The next one will be faster. We've learned a lot. And Mike is busy supervising the designs for THINNER -- Les has handed in his 28 signed pen and ink sketches and they are absolutely remarkable. And Mike is busy reworking the cover and title/author type to see what works best. Certainly the popular stance is run the title on the front and not around the whole book.But we'll work on certainly two takes and show the both of 'em and then go from there.

What else can I tell yuou? Well, we just got an okay back from the two directors of Joe Hill's 'Pop Art' and 'Abraham's Boys' to include the movies on a single DVD (in both Region 1 and Region 2 formats) in our super deluxe 10th anniversary edition of 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS. Plus we're going to do another tray cased lettered edition: Vinny Chong is providing new artwork for slipcase, tray case, cover/boards, endpapers 1 and endpapers 2; now all Nicky needs to do is make a final decision on who's going to do the separate artworks.

More soon. This is just me showing my face again. I'll try get back to a regular pop-in. Look after each other and sorry for the long absence. Don't be mad. We'll get things sorted.

Bests

Pete

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Les has handed in his 28 signed pen and ink sketches and they are absolutely remarkable.
    A+ for that.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back to the forum, Pete!! it's good to have you here!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Pete! We've missed you.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks

Remember me! No, me either. Look, anything I say now is going to sound pathetic so I don't plan even to try. All I can say is we've been busy. Like, BUSY. Plus Nicky and I lost a good friend and fellow writer and I think that, for a little while anyway, I kind of went off the rails. But I'm back in action now.

However, rather than go rifling back through goodness knows how many postings, I figure the best thing I can suggest is if anyone has any specific questions to ask(like Bill's query about the freebie copy of CARRIE then it'll happen, believe me--but I need to pick up a lot of pieces) then please drop me a line at editor@pspublishing.co.uk and I'll try my damnedest to answer 'em.

If you're clued in to our regular Newsletter then you'll have seen that great progress has been and continues to be made with regard to the deluxe CARRIE. Indeed, I'm expectng the version 2 fuill-color proof/sample and then all we have to do is gold-foil all the various elements with their letter, encase the whole shooting match and send them out. It'll be November now, I reckon.

The next one will be faster. We've learned a lot. And Mike is busy supervising the designs for THINNER -- Les has handed in his 28 signed pen and ink sketches and they are absolutely remarkable. And Mike is busy reworking the cover and title/author type to see what works best. Certainly the popular stance is run the title on the front and not around the whole book.But we'll work on certainly two takes and show the both of 'em and then go from there.

What else can I tell yuou? Well, we just got an okay back from the two directors of Joe Hill's 'Pop Art' and 'Abraham's Boys' to include the movies on a single DVD (in both Region 1 and Region 2 formats) in our super deluxe 10th anniversary edition of 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS. Plus we're going to do another tray cased lettered edition: Vinny Chong is providing new artwork for slipcase, tray case, cover/boards, endpapers 1 and endpapers 2; now all Nicky needs to do is make a final decision on who's going to do the separate artworks.

More soon. This is just me showing my face again. I'll try get back to a regular pop-in. Look after each other and sorry for the long absence. Don't be mad. We'll get things sorted.

Bests

Pete
    Welcome back, Pete!! Very sorry for your loss.

Also. I apologize for asking about that publicly. Major screw up on my part and thanks to, Jerome for pointing that out. I've been known to get a bit carried away when it comes to the Haven Fund. I officially retract my inquiry and respectfully request your pardon, dear sir.

Now, go print something!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks

Bests

Pete
    oops

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, The copies of Revival from another publisher mentioned in your email - is this the 500 limited from H & S or something else?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it will look nice that way. It will be different.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Stroppy

It's the Hodder edition with a facsimile signature.

Thanks for the support, Lost . . . I'm kind of jazzed about the cover of THINNER going around the book but if too many folks think it's naff then I'll listen to 'em. Particularly of one of 'em is Steve!

Best

Pete

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've ordered the "Trade" edition of Thinner, but I hope to get a Lettered edition as well. I love the "enhanced quality" of very limited editions of ANY book, whoever the author/publisher is.

Small presses have a unique opportunity to produce volumes which will last for hundreds of years, and for the select few, be able to be physically held, and touched, for centuries later. (IMO: Trade editions will be toilet paper in 10 years).

I look forward to all the Lettered Anniversary Editions of Stephen King books that you are/will be, involved in producing.

I will still buy all the "Trade" editions because I still need to read/fondle ... mmmm! ahhhh! ohhhhh! ZZZZzzzzzzzzz! Snore!

Hey Rabbit

My oh my, you certainly are an excitable fellow. Yes, I do hope that PS's top editions--or even ALL of our editions, come to that--will be around in hundreds of years. But now you've got me worrying that in a few hundred years some one is going to wake me from my cryogenic slumber and demand a refund cos the signing sheet in their tray cased copy of CARRIE has come loose. Heck. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. (Nicky, my pills . . . quickly.)

As for sorting out the deluxe state of THINNER, THE TIME IS FAST APPROACHING WHEN I'LL HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION: DO WE RUUN THE WHOLE THING AGAIN AND GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE ONCE MORE, OR DO I SIMPLY WRITE TO THE 26 FOLKS WHO GOT carrie AND OFFER THEM FIRST REFUSAL? CRUMBS . . . WHICH WAY TO GO. I CONFESS, I DUNNO.

Anxiously yours . . .

Pete

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As for sorting out the deluxe state of THINNER, THE TIME IS FAST APPROACHING WHEN I'LL HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION: DO WE RUUN THE WHOLE THING AGAIN AND GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE ONCE MORE, OR DO I SIMPLY WRITE TO THE 26 FOLKS WHO GOT carrie AND OFFER THEM FIRST REFUSAL? CRUMBS . . . WHICH WAY TO GO. I CONFESS, I DUNNO.

Anxiously yours . . .

Pete
    Hi Pete,

IMHO I don't think it would be fair to give first refusal 'buying rights' to those who purchased the Deluxe Carrie. My recommendation would be to allow everyone the chance to buy a copy of the Deluxe Thinner, but instead offer to match "Letters" with those who had previously purchased the Deluxe Carrie. That way, it becomes a fair process for all.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those that threw down the initial $4,500 for Carrie probably feel differently.

It's a no win situation for Pete as, inevitably, someone will disagree with what he decides.

Good luck with the decision my friend.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 182 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast