Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Today's newsletter mentions that they are working on a 40th anniversary edition of Carrie for 2014.
    They don't say if it is part of this series, or a regular King S/L. Pete only mentions that Glenn Chadbourne is working on artwork for it (because we don't already have more than enough books illustrated by him).
    From today's newsletter: "Later this month, we’re aiming to put up an order page for the 40th Anniversary edition of Carrie by Stephen King—and this one is going to come with a Big Surprise."
    This is exciting.... eh?
    Translation: Cost more money!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing real sig instead of facsimile...
    Which will def put the price up!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If it has a real signature, I'll be getting a copy. I skipped the others--I don't see the value in them.

John

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A real sig would be great and a bit of a surprise considering how many times King has turned down bids to do a Carrie S/L.

I almost wish they would give first dibs to owners of the first two anniversary editions.
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be nice. I had a great design/idea for a limited Carrie but I never got it done (not that I would know how to get it in front of SK).
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    That would be nice. I had a great design/idea for a limited Carrie but I never got it done (not that I would know how to get it in front of SK).
    Would you mind sharing?

I think that CARRIE would be nice. I hope that King would get involved with this, as this is a special anniversary edition for his very first novel. A new introduction/somethingy would be nice
    On the other hand, we know that King is not keen of those limited/lettered edition...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Would you mind sharing?
    PM'd
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A real sig would be great and a bit of a surprise considering how many times King has turned down bids to do a Carrie S/L.

I almost wish they would give first dibs to owners of the first two anniversary editions.
    Those that requested same numbers should get dibs on that number. According to PS only 20 people requested this option...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to hear...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I requested the same number. Can't believe only 20 did so. Unbelievable.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I know I requested the same number. Can't believe only 20 did so. Unbelievable.
    The details (IMHO) was a little lost in the various newsletters that went out. I completely missed it myself and received 2 different numbers for Christine and Pet Sematary. PS have been VERY obliging in remedying this for me however. (Due to complete sell out of Christine, I have been told they will not be able to resolve this for anyone else - I was just very lucky)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A "Big Surprise" would be the original short story draft of Carrie that was famously saved from the trash.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought about it too.
    That would be AWESOME !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    A "Big Surprise" would be the original short story draft of Carrie that was famously saved from the trash.
    Fill me in guys... I never heard of this!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Fill me in guys... I never heard of this!
    It's covered in "On Writing", but this will give you an overview: http://mentalfloss.com/article/53235/how-stephen-kings-wife-saved-carrie-and-launched-his-career

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Overlook Connection has a copy of Christine that has been reduced to a lower (read more realistic) price: if anyone is interested...

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...on-p-7554.html

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For anyone who missed it and wants it, PS has some extra copies of Pet Sematary available.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Any word on the Anniversary edition of Carrie?
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No mention of it in today's newsletter.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After Carrie PS is going to put out Thinner. I just hope they do them both in 2014.

Traveler BTR1701 is on a distinguished road

Pete only mentions that Glenn Chadbourne is working on artwork for it (because we don't already have more than enough books illustrated by him).
    No kidding. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now. Everything King-related is illustrated by Chadbourne these days. I know art is subjective and everyone has their own opinion, but I *really* don't like his style. It's way too busy and looks like a little kid's scrawlings to me. And every character he draws looks dead or disfigured whether they're meant to be or not.

I was so happy to see the new CHRISTINE edition was illustrated by someone else, and the artwork turned out great, much more grounded in realism. But now to hear that CARRIE is going to be yet another Chadbourne offering turns me right off.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BTR1701 View Post
    Pete only mentions that Glenn Chadbourne is working on artwork for it (because we don't already have more than enough books illustrated by him).
    No kidding. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now. Everything King-related is illustrated by Chadbourne these days. I know art is subjective and everyone has their own opinion, but I *really* don't like his style. It's way too busy and looks like a little kid's scrawlings to me. And every character he draws looks dead or disfigured whether they're meant to be or not.

I was so happy to see the new CHRISTINE edition was illustrated by someone else, and the artwork turned out great, much more grounded in realism. But now to hear that CARRIE is going to be yet another Chadbourne offering turns me right off.
    Thank you for the opinion. I'm one of those that likes his work, and no I'm not just saying that because he illustrated my excerpt found In Mint Condition: 2013 and Glenn will illustrate the future Novella (working on that now). For those who dislike, OK, again your opinion. The great news for me, it's less competition of getting one for my collection.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to agree with your assessment. I am reaching (have already reached?) my saturation point with him. But, having said that, he is capable of doing pretty nice work on occasion. I thought his illustrations for King's Way Press's edition of Frankenstein were very good. I liked that work really well and even bought one of the originals for my collection. I thought his color painting for the dust jacket for The Colorado Kid by PS Publishing was fantastic and I am still kicking myself for not bidding more aggressively when it sold on eBay a few years ago. But, yeah, for the most part his work doesn't do much for me either.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Thank you for the opinion. I'm one of those that likes his work, and no I'm not just saying that because he illustrated my excerpt found In Mint Condition: 2013 and Glenn will illustrate the future Novella (working on that now). For those who dislike, OK, again your opinion. The great news for me, it's less competition of getting one for my collection.

Mulleins
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I tend to agree with your assessment. I am reaching (have already reached?) my saturation point with him. But, having said that, he is capable of doing pretty nice work on occasion. I thought his illustrations for King's Way Press's edition of Frankenstein were very good. I liked that work really well and even bought one of the originals for my collection. I thought his color painting for the dust jacket for The Colorado Kid by PS Publishing was fantastic and I am still kicking myself for not bidding more aggressively when it sold on eBay a few years ago. But, yeah, for the most part his work doesn't do much for me either.
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion, no doubt there. I have been familiar, intimately, with Glenn's work especially through the Haven Fund Raiser and while at first I was "so-so" I have come to really appreciate his vision and artwork. Besides being a just awesome person, his art can be very intuitive. He also happens to be a childhood buddy (if you will) of SK and a fellow "Maine" resident. Some say he is "over-exposed" and maybe that is true, but then again over the years I have come to really appreciate his work. He is also very accessible, friendly and fast. He is definitely a valued friend of the Haven Fund and a damn good artist. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Well said. I'm really disappointed to hear that he is illustrating CARRIE, a book that, until now, I was really anticipating. Now I'm not sure what I plan to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast