Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Especially since the package is covered with tape saying "FRAGILE DO NOT CRUSH"!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Hey Pete,

Thanks for packing really well. The box got crushed, but the books were unharmed!

I love to see and hear about that sort of packing!

Brian
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Especially since the package is covered with tape saying "FRAGILE DO NOT CRUSH"!
    What I have discovered is that most shippers, least here in the US, think that fragile is Italian for football.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"Fragile" Def: Drop Carefully...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, I have just seen the cover for the deluxe Thinner. WOW, the best painting yet!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Deluxe Lettered cover of Thinner (from today's PS Newsletter)

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Looks fantastic!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was just saying on the other thread how much it looks like that picture of Caesar from the Planet of the Apes... looks like the movie poster to Dawn from last year... wow! Very nice though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's freaking awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

fucking great artwork
    love it

not sure if I 5k-love-it, but love it ;D

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    fucking great artwork
    love it

Thinner lettered is going to be $5000?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    fucking great artwork
    love it

Thinner lettered is going to be $5000?
    just a guess - have no facts

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Was just saying on the other thread how much it looks like that picture of Caesar from the Planet of the Apes... looks like the movie poster to Dawn from last year... wow! Very nice though!
    LOL!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG OMG!!! Wow Tim I had no idea how close!!! Hahahahhahah
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

well it is true that the reptilian brain is the basis of the primate brain via evolution so maybe it is apropos that they look so similar or maybe I don't know what the hell I am talking about

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is what I have been wondering.
    I guess Deluxe Edition of Carrie hasn't come out yet. Can't wait to see pics of it

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I guess Deluxe Edition of Carrie hasn't come out yet. Can't wait to see pics of it
    It's been out for a while. There are pictures from a couple members around here in various threads.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    It's been out for a while. There are pictures from a couple members around here in various threads.
    Came out in December. I have posted some photos in my collection thread throughout page 18.

Banned Joka42 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

nice editions anyone have the both books for sale?

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joka42 View Post
    nice editions anyone have the both books for sale?
    Which "both?" If THINNER, I would check with Pete, see if they have copies of both in stock. Or the CD editions?

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

The deluxe THINNER ids going to be $5K? That's news to me. Chances are it's going to be just a little LESS than CARRIE. Only a little, but any saving is better than no saving at all. Check this weekend's NEWSLETTER. (bwahahaha!) Best Pete

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And for those that don't or haven't got it yet - here is the important info on thinner folks....

We learned a lot with CARRIE and so we expect (hope? pray?) to move a little faster through the process this time. Also we feel we can reduce the asking price—albeit only slightly—from £2,595 post-free to £2,295 (around $3,500 under present exchange rates. CARRIE worked out at around $4,250. Once again, the author has agreed to sign the lettered edition which will comprise:

the book, featuring tipped-in art-plates;
    signatures from Stephen King, Les Edwards and Johnny Mains (and please do note that the signing sheet will not be tipped in but, as with CARRIE, will be a part of the first eight-page section);
    there will be just 26 copies for sale, lettered A through Z;
    a brand new cover from Les Edwards (note that this cover will appear only on the traycased edition and is not in either of the two slipcased editions);
    a one-off piece of Les Edwards original artwork, one per copy (so 26 in all);
    a gallery booklet containing all 26 Les Edwards images.
    We gave a lot of thought and had many discussions—a few with fellow publishers, some with folks who regularly visit the Dark Tower message-board and, of course, a sizeable number with fandom in general—relating to how we should tackle the thorny subject of how we manage the sales/order process.
    Believe me, it would have been wonderfully easy to have simply got in touch with the 26 folks who ordered the deluxe CARRIE and asked 'em if they wanted THINNER. As you might expect, the general feeling from most of the CARRIE-purchasers was for us to do just that: give 'em a call and take their money. But, the feelings from all those folks who lucked out with CARRIE (even though they’d taken a day off work just to make that call) pretty much amounted to “Hey, fella . . . give us a break, right? Give us another chance.”

So we’re gonna repeat exactly the same process as before so everyone is, once again, absolutely equal in terms of their chance to snag a copy. (Heck, two people even suggested we exclude those folks who bought CARRIE. Yeah, right . . . imagine the reaction to that. Just thinking about it, I can smell the burning flesh—and it’s mine, godammit.

So, I made a decision. We will be putting up an order page at 9 pm British time on Saturday 28 February. There will be 26 copies, a maximum of one copy per customer. We’re hoping to get the signature sections across to Steve sometime next month. After that, well, it’ll be faster than CARRIE but I’m not about to name dates weeks or months, but let’s say this: I’d like to think it’ll be out around my birthday—4 July (and sure, you can send me a card! Send Nicky one, while you’re at it—she’s 3 July). And you know, while I’m saying all this . . . there’s something else about that date but I just can’t think what it is.

Let battle commence!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

3500 dollars. Unfreaking real. And carrie owners don't get first right!!!!! Wow.

Country
    Country Flag

after all, and totally unrelated to my personal opinion on this project - i really like that PS is going new ways and trying new things and is leaving common trails.
    thats something i have great respect for.

as i am not target-group for the book, i will look from the sideline and see how this evolves. both scared and curious.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is what I think,

The original Carrie run did not sell out immediately. And Thinner is not Carrie, so I do not think it is going to sell at a more brisk rate. So with that in mind anyone who bought a Carrie will most probably get a chance to buy Thinner if they so wish. I am sure PS will match numbers for anyone that requests it. (let's hope they would not have another clerical error happen as happened to TDog, because with a book that costs thousands of Pounds/Dollars it would be inexcusable, not that it was excusable in his situation anyways... but at least PS tried to rectify the mistake)

I still am of the opinion that the focus on manufactured collectibles of exorbitant cost is not good for the collecting hobby as a whole. The cutting out of the "little man" from your marketing strategy (of those being able to acquire a signed limited edition) might not be the best long term strategy. But hey who cares right? It is only 26 books and someone will surely buy them!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

I like the fact that it is a new artist and less money... but still a TON of cash for this book. I look at the lettered Carrie from CD and compare it too PS (although only pictures) and the cost is over $3 grand apart and the CD one, to me, is SO MUCH nicer. Is King's signature worth $3250US???? Anyways, I think the Thinner will be much better as they learned some from the first. I wish them the best of luck but I will not be getting one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast