Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Haven Foundation Fundraiser Auction #6-Shivers VI W/Original Chadbourne Art

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm waiting for you to win it, relist it, and then try and bid on it second time around
    LOL Ain't gonna happen. I've pretty much met my "Haven Fund" quota for this year. Except for the "Widget"!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well didn't quite get it - but at least helped to add to the haven fund - congrats to the high bidder - of too lunch and break from all things computers - maybe i should read a book

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We rarely read books here, that fucks them up.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF Heaven forbid anyone should actually read the books people pay $500 for. hehe

That's what BCE's are for.
    Christine

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i guess that is why i will never be able to sell off any of my books...they show a little bit of wear - the real kicker is when my 4 year old will be ready to read some of these books. I think he might have to be able to drive first and it will still have to be supervised (the reading of the books that is)

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sigh - I already have three remarqued copies of this,so why, oh why, couldn't have someone else gotten this baby (no rats!!!!)
    We all float down here!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You edged me out by a couple bucks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You edged me out by about $100 lol

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    You edged me out by a couple bucks.
    Sorry David ... but, you'll still sell your goodies to me, right, right, right ?????
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

On the bright side James, this remarque has gone to another forum member, who, unfortunate chap, was, until today, bereft of Charbourne inspired goodness in his life - this has now been remedied, and everyone's happy .... Hmmm ... well, maybe not you so much James me old cobber, so, as with David, I humbly apologise and throw myself at your mercy
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    On the bright side James, this remarque has gone to another forum member, who, unfortunate chap, was, until today, bereft of Charbourne inspired goodness in his life - this has now been remedied, and everyone's happy .... Hmmm ... well, maybe not you so much James me old cobber, so, as with David, I humbly apologise and throw myself at your mercy
    Unlike Mr Armstrong (hmmm I don't even think I can bear to use his last name) I'll come clean from the beginning (and withstand any beatings, verbal or otherwise). Grant was kind enough to allow me to add my first chadbourne to my collection. As we speak I'm packing up my first (and only) born son and sending him overseas - I hope I've put poked enough holes and given him enough water for his travels - it is amazing what you can fit in those flat rate parcels; maybe he'll even arrive in time for the Australian open finals - keep your fingers crossed.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait… is that the best way to get to the Australian Open? My wife and I have already been to the French Open and US Open, and would love to get to the Australian Open someday too, but the trip would be a huge financial commitment. If all it takes is poking a few holes in a box, I’m in!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You need a few of these...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great that in this case, not only did the auction help out the HF, but a fellow member as well!!!!

Spoiler:
    If you want a Chadbourne Remarque, PM me!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Unlike Mr Armstrong (hmmm I don't even think I can bear to use his last name) I'll come clean from the beginning (and withstand any beatings, verbal or otherwise). Grant was kind enough to allow me to add my first chadbourne to my collection. As we speak I'm packing up my first (and only) born son and sending him overseas - I hope I've put poked enough holes and given him enough water for his travels - it is amazing what you can fit in those flat rate parcels; maybe he'll even arrive in time for the Australian open finals - keep your fingers crossed.
    Everyone should have some Chandourne in their life!
    Grant: good work pal!

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, ya gotta share the wealth, and I'm pleased that Chad picked it up (although, mate, we do have laws against child cruelty here - did you at least include an energy bar or some sugar cubes for the journey)?
    We all float down here!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    i guess that is why i will never be able to sell off any of my books...they show a little bit of wear - the real kicker is when my 4 year old will be ready to read some of these books. I think he might have to be able to drive first and it will still have to be supervised (the reading of the books that is)
    Most of mine show no noticeable wear from it, but I read all my books (very carefully). No disrespect to those who don't, but for me I don't see owning and not reading.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, ya gotta share the wealth, and I'm pleased that Chad picked it up (although, mate, we do have laws against child cruelty here - did you at least include an energy bar or some sugar cubes for the journey)?
    he likes pop tarts in the morning - so we just threw a few of those in...a few pop tarts, no movement for a few days - he will be like most american 4 year olds in no time

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

LOL

I'm waiting for you to win it, relist it, and then try and bid on it second time around
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    RF Heaven forbid anyone should actually read the books people pay $500 for. hehe

And Kindles!
    I read an edition of the book, Brice. Just not the pricey edition

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I have read all my 1/1's except UTD and 11/22/63, those I chose to read on the kindle (it seems to weigh a bit less ). I am slowly moving to reading on the kindle more then the actual books. It's nice to have the ability to just turn on my phone and start reading any book I want while standing in line at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

And Kindles!
    Christine

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And Kindles!
    I totally understand. For me though I read every book...s/l, lettered, etc... at least once.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted

I carefully thumb thru the illustrations and any added content but dare not read it. Way too many hazards around here just waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

And Kindles!
    I totally understand. For me though I read every book...s/l, lettered, etc... at least once.

Country
    Country Flag

Just received Shivers VI today - it looks great - thanks again Grant, and thank you Jerome for shipping it out - so nicely packed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast