49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived with similar damage: rubbing; gold & white specks on the marbled areas: blue transfer to the inner traycase.
    I will keep my copy and try to get a new traycase....mabey I can use the $40 credit for some extra DJs if this thing keep bleeding......

My opinion SOMEONE F**k UP these book should not have been sent out to coustomers. They should have been culled and rerun..
    Now were stuck with whats offered and must go on.....

I'm not a happy camper.... I will show photos of my copy soon.)

Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks for the comment RF - "BTW, I handled my book at length (ha ha) today with clean dry hands, and try though I might, there was no ink transfer."

Very glad to hear this. I'll stop worrying how the book will hold up over time and just enjoy knowing I own a S/L of one of my favorite books with my favorite #.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Someone F****D-UP in the inspection process, the defective copies should have been (culled) stopped in the wearhouse, the defective ones redone. This could have stopped this whole mess.............

Brian.......

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    My copy arrived with similar damage: rubbing; gold & white specks on the marbled areas: blue transfer to the inner traycase.
    I will keep my copy and try to get a new traycase....mabey I can use the $40 credit for some extra DJs if this thing keep bleeding......

My opinion SOMEONE F**k UP these book should not have been sent out to coustomers. They should have been culled and rerun..

Brian.
    Agreed. I do wonder why the books were ever shipped out in this condition? No one noticed? I would have preferred that they waited and rerun the books instead of just letting them go as is. Also, not very happy about the $40 dollar credit...I actually think that a partial refund would be more appropriate to everyone that decides to keep their book because you are not getting what you was promised, but that is my opinion.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

Brian.
    Agreed. I do wonder why the books were ever shipped out in this condition? No one noticed? I would have preferred that they waited and rerun the books instead of just letting them go as is. Also, not very happy about the $40 dollar credit...I actually think that a partial refund is in order to everyone that decides to keep their book because you are not getting what you was promised, but that is my opinion.
    10-4...Something went wrong in production......&........in the inspection/shipping dept...........

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Someone F****D-UP in the inspection process, the defective copies should have been (culled) stopped in the wearhouse, the defective ones redone. This could have stopped this whole mess.............

Brian.......

Now I'll admit that I haven't read every page of this thread, but from what I can gather the damage was done during the binding process. Correct? IF SO.......just as east-tennessee said, whoever was in charge of QC seriously dropped the ball. I'm lucky enough to have a job in production (LOL) and I know for a fact that if an order that I was responsible for went out the door with as many problems as these books have had.....I'd be out of a job.

Traveler Coley is on a distinguished road Coley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have just joined and as I said on a previous thread it is a shame to say hello on a negative issue like this.
    I also have my book and have the same problems as others but in comparison mine are minor. For the price of the book (and the time waiting) this should never have happened, but we are where we are, so the question is what can be done about it? The solutions that Bill have put forward seem fair as there is no way all damaged books are going to be replaced by new signed copies. Personally I would like to see a refund not money off voucher, and dust jackets sent out to all, damaged or not, but that is not far from what has been offered.
    My view is that if you intend to keep your book like me, this is a big shame and should have been sorted before shipping, but it is still a beautiful book and despite my disappointment I love it. Now if I was going to sell I would be more annoyed as the value would not be as I expected.
    Should this have happened, NO. Should it have been shipped in this condition, NO. Is it a beautiful book that I will add to my collection with pride YES.

That said hello to all and glad to be part of the community after watching for some time.

Country
    Country Flag

Hello!!!

Traveler JXE is on a distinguished road

They especially have no incentive to go above and beyond to correct this because the majority of customers are willing to accept this "solution" and tell those who are still upset to shut up about it. This is real easy for them because they know most people won't part with their books even if they are of poor quality, and they're ready to sell it off to the next desperate customer if any do come back anyways. These leaves them with the responsibility of printing new dustjackets... which should have been there in the first place... and swaping out traycases if they deem yours to be damaged enough. I also doubt everyone will find something to use that $40 on, and that must have also factored into their decision for this "solution".

The newsletter statement about how they are "proud" of this book says to me not to order anything else ever because they aren't just okay with this disaster, they believe it to be a good example of their peak performance. This sense of pride must only be amplified by the fact that the majority of their customers are willing (or forced) to let them off the hook this time.

I'm keeping my book, just like mostly everyone else. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Likely every time I look at it I'll be reminded of this unfortunate 14 month affair.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I can't wait to get my copy. All the bitching and moaning just makes me look forward to it more. I've never owned a book that was so controversial plus apparently it's a new form of STD that will spread like wildfire to other collectibles. I think the lesson here is that you should always use protection when touching your books.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I bet the Gift Edition is looking pretty darn good to a few of you folks!!!
    Yes, yes it is. I picked up a GE and am happy with it and was going to pick up an S/L but at this point I have no plans to buy one with the rubbing issues. I am not willing to pay a premium for an undamaged copy and I wouldn’t have been happy with a damaged one even at issue price.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whomever placed the book is the one who should have noticed and told someone that was in charge.

Country
    Country Flag

They had to have gotten it on their hands or gloves.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Exactly, that's what is bothering me. I'm sure that they knew about it, and made a "calculated risk" decision to send them out anyway. What makes it worse, is that "the shining" is one of King's all time popular book. People have waited for such a limited to come out, and when it did...we get a faulty book that deserved better.

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived Thursday afternoon, #253 to match my Dr. Sleep S/L. Very minor rubbing to the boards (only noticeable from certain angles/light) and just a hint of transfer to the inside of the traycase. Still, unfortunate for such an anticipated S/L.

And so it goes...

SKC

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Exactly, that's what is bothering me. I'm sure that they knew about it, and made a "calculated risk" decision to send them out anyway. What makes it worse, is that "the shining" is one of King's all time popular book. People have waited for such a limited to come out, and when it did...we get a faulty book that deserved better.
    ^ This

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they come up with an extra special DJ for this and not send out the same one as the GE. That would help a lot towards mending a few of the fences. Sub Press needs to get this right if they don't there will be pissed off customers.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they come up with an extra special DJ for this and not send out the same one as the GE. That would help a lot towards mending a few of the fences. Sub Press needs to get this right if they don't there will be pissed off customers.
    If I read the SP email correctly, it will be a newly designed dust jacket.

John

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that Bill said Vincent Chong had agreed to do a new wrap-a-round image for the new jacket!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I wish the G/E had a wraparound image. CD's IT cover is still my fave in that regard.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

That's great a nice DJ will be fantastic. Be good if Vincent signed it but he did sign the book.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First off, I didn't purchase one of these. I opted for the GE. However, after conversing with, Ned Dameron about his recent HF auction remarques it occurred to me. Might an "Artist Fixitive" solve your problem? I know all the arguments about QC and such, and I am not discounting them in the least, but maybe this could be a viable solution for some? I can ask as to the products utilized. Lord knows, we have more than a couple artists who regularly review the site. It may put your minds at ease regardless of the SP remedies. Just a thought is all. Trying to help out.

My limited understanding of the product is that it is the "Literary" equivilant of "Thompson weather Sealer" for your decking. It would seem to make sense. Of course you shouldn't HAVE to use it, but it may be a viable solution regardless.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at the bright side at least it doesn't "SMELL" like this one still dose.

Traveler Parhelia will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKiloCollector View Post
    Mine arrived Thursday afternoon, #253 to match my Dr. Sleep S/L. Very minor rubbing to the boards (only noticeable from certain angles/light) and just a hint of transfer to the inside of the traycase. Still, unfortunate for such an anticipated S/L.

And so it goes...

SKC
    Received my book last week, it also has similar issues but not to the extent of some of the pictures that have been posted.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    First off, I didn't purchase one of these. I opted for the GE. However, after conversing with, Ned Dameron about his recent HF auction remarques it occurred to me. Might an "Artist Fixitive" solve your problem? I know all the arguments about QC and such, and I am not discounting them in the least, but maybe this could be a viable solution for some? I can ask as to the products utilized. Lord knows, we have more than a couple artists who regularly review the site. It may put your minds at ease regardless of the SP remedies. Just a thought is all. Trying to help out.

My limited understanding of the product is that it is the "Literary" equivilant of "Thompson weather Sealer" for your decking. It would seem to make sense. Of course you shouldn't HAVE to use it, but it may be a viable solution regardless.
    Brilliant idea!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast