49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think one reason Dr. Sleep may have sold out faster is it's a new highly anticipated novel whereas with The Shining, while a classic, everyone has already read it.
    That makes sense. Also, I think that most book collectors aren't true completists anyway (either by choice or because they can't afford to be) and with the large number of King books coming out this year many will choose to spend their money on the new titles, rather than on special editions of older works.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I purchased a couple S/Ls from a collector who was getting out of the limiteds collecting and just focusing on 1sts because it was becoming too much for him.
    Last edited by subie09lega; 08-11-2013 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    I purchased a couple S/Ls from a collective who was getting out of the limiteds collecting and just focusing on 1sts because it was becoming too much for him.
    It is actually becoming a little too much for me too. I'm hanging in there but I'm not sure for how much longer. S/L's of new novels are one thing. But all of these reissues and made up books (i.e. The Dark Man, Riding the Bullet, etc.) are wearing me down.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the ones I wonder about are the books that already have a limited edition like the anniversary edition of Christine. I understand producing a limited edition for the likes of It and Pet Sematary since they didn't have a limited produced (unless I missed something).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thanks for confirming what I said. But why so defensive?
    Because I'm tired of certain people on this board stating things as facts when they're really things they just made up. It's something I've mostly ignored up to this point, but I'm tired of it.

Your theory that us letting our retailers sell 50 copies of the Gift Edition helped it sell out in a week is very weird. You think we couldn't have sold 50 more copies in a day considering we have over 1000 people on the WAITING LIST for the book?

Oh, wait, you didn't know the number was 50, right? That's because you don't work here and I would appreciate it if you'd stop making stuff up. Thanks!

Brian

P.S. Yes, we still remember you posting that Stephen King didn't really sign Legacies and the signature was a fake. So please stop making up stuff. Thanks!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Because I'm tired of certain people on this board stating things as facts when they're really things they just made up. It's something I've mostly ignored up to this point, but I'm tired of it.

Your theory that us letting our retailers sell 50 copies of the Gift Edition helped it sell out in a week is very weird. You think we couldn't have sold 50 more copies in a day considering we have over 1000 people on the WAITING LIST for the book?

Oh, wait, you didn't know the number was 50, right? That's because you don't work here and I would appreciate it if you'd stop making stuff up. Thanks!

Brian

P.S. Yes, we still remember you posting that Stephen King didn't really sign Legacies and the signature was a fake. So please stop making up stuff. Thanks!
    Brian - It was a theory not a statement of fact. You've made your point although perhaps not elegantly.

I appreciate your providing the ground truth and insight you have provided on how a publisher works. I also however think there is nothing wrong with some harmless speculation by a collector in a forum for collectors.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

The reason Doctor Sleep sold out quickly is because CD distributed copies to other booksellers. CD do not get the full price for these. There are many booksellers who have Doctor Sleep for sale.

Sub Press did not do this with The Shining. They are quite happy for it to sell at full price even if they have to wait a while.

You know it's funny you say that. I bought a gift edition of The Shining from Camelot Books and I do believe they are considered a bookseller.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

We don't actually know if Camelot paid full price for that book or not...and that is the point.

I know that some retailers sometimes sell things at cost or at a loss just to keep the traffic going through their site.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    We don't actually know if Camelot paid full price for that book or not...and that is the point.

I know that some retailers sometimes sell things at cost or at a loss just to keep the traffic going through their site.
    Ari's post a while back made it sound like he got a 30% discount on the initial 15 copies he ordered as a retailer, but couldn't get a discount on an additional 2 copies he tried to order later on. I think this would indicate that Sub Press did provide some copies to the specialty stores such as Ari's store and presumably Camelot, Betts etc. at a discount.

Ken

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

There's a news item on the site about getting a Chong remarque done.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Brian

Brian - It was a theory not a statement of fact. You've made your point although perhaps not elegantly.

I appreciate your providing the ground truth and insight you have provided on how a publisher works. I also however think there is nothing wrong with some harmless speculation by a collector in a forum for collectors.
    It wasn't really stated as a theory, or opinion though.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

That's a really good point.
    Such a loss-leader could actually drum up lots of traffic, and relatively inexpensively too as one would only be losing the shipping expenses.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Brian

Very true. It was stated as a fact. I can't blame him for his agitation, it does get "old". The guy has the balls to come on these boards and deal with complaints, compliments and "bad" press, at the very least he deserves "respect". Name a publisher that weighs in like CD does? Most post once, if at all, and go away. CD stands and takes the blows!!! He can deliver them from time to time as well. Good for you, Brian!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    And yet again...no advertising...weird.

Also weird is their comment "Please note: We are using a different printer for the Gift Edition of The Shining, so are not able to offer remarques in that edition."

Do they really have two different printers?

And what is with the comment about THREE TYPES OF IMAGES.....is he going to just do like 17 lions, 17 croquet mallets, and 17 creepy ladies?

LINK
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it has to do with the binding they're using for the more expensive editions.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering about the "three types of images" as well. Seems weird. In the end though, I had to have one to match my Doctor Sleep.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Brian

Very true. It was stated as a fact. I can't blame him for his agitation, it does get "old". The guy has the balls to come on these boards and deal with complaints, compliments and "bad" press, at the very least he deserves "respect". Name a publisher that weighs in like CD does? Most post once, if at all, and go away. CD stands and takes the blows!!! He can deliver them from time to time as well. Good for you, Brian!!!
    Totally agree! If someone were talking smack about my company I would have been a lot less elegant about it than Brian, that's probably the reason why I don't have a company now

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    And what is with the comment about THREE TYPES OF IMAGES.....is he going to just do like 17 lions, 17 croquet mallets, and 17 creepy ladies?

LINK
    That's a huge turn-off. I'm glad I contacted Vincent directly. He contacted me after his vacation and was very cordial and seems like a really cool fellow. It sounds like he's very busy though, so it wouldn't surprise me if the SP remarques were in front of the line ahead of any privately sought remarques.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I was wondering about the "three types of images" as well. Seems weird. In the end though, I had to have one to match my Doctor Sleep.
    I got one too (for my numbered copy). I think it will be pretty cool. I was, however, turned off when I was automatically charged an extra $5.53 for media mail shipping. Extra shipping charge for an extra page bound into the book. WTF?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like they already sold out! That was quick! I got one for my Lettered AND Limited Edition......

Go big or go home. It is THE SHINING ya' know....

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not Sold out. Still available 9:36am EST

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No link on the order page...

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Try this
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...or_the_shining
    Works for me (Canada).

AK

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Link works for me too - looks like they are still available

Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast