Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am I correct this is the Rodriguez/Artist from Locke & Key?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

THat's correct.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah! Thank you, makes a little more sense now.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This would be just perfect for a Shining cartoon. I'd likely be disappointed if I had moneys in on this. I can't say I won't like the others, but I am unmoved by this and the idea that this was chosen as the cover makes me a bit nervous of the ones they didn't want for the cover. This is no slight against Rodriguez. I liked his Locke & Key stuff, but this does nothing for me really.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shining is only a so-so story to me, I got nothing from it like I did with Stand, IT etc, Shining & Salem's both left me flat. Anyway what's with all these dopey half arsed covers recently, if its not a silly choice of word art font it's some unsuitable comic book art. We've had to endure some real stinkers recently, only good one was the trade for wttk, that was real art not like all this silly stuff we keep getting.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Anyone canceling their orders for the s/l?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I did. I could've "flipped" it but I hate that. It's basically scalping. I'd rather someone else have it for issue price.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I don't know - i just can't see canceling due to just the art being not what we, fans of kings work and not part of the book production, think is "bad art" or not up to standard

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What is your angle here exactly? It's King and we should buy it blindly? Not liking something is a perfectly legitimate reason for not buying it, King or otherwise.

My Mood
    Inspired

I don't know. I agree with you definitely - but then there is part of me saying maybe we should wait and see more? This whole situation has me on the fence.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I was trying to invalidate your point because it is a good point.

Country
    Country Flag

It's cool, I gotcha. The collector nerd in me wants to get at least the GE but the person who's working 60 hours a week says $450 + 40 for shipping is a lot of coin for something I won't like. I mean, that's almost a Skeleton Crew S/L. Or a decent downpayment for a Carrie 1st etc.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it at all. I'd rather no art, spend the extra dollars on higher quality materials, tray case etc. As its been said before, this just doesn't seem to convey the right "mood" for me. For any of you who have or have seen the art in The Exorcist 40th anniversary edition, that's the sort of dark artwork I'd want in a Shining S/L.

I'm hoping I feel different when the end result is with me, as I only bought this cos The Shining is in the top three for me, and it was a lot of coin to drop on a book I may not love 100%.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if anyone is wanting to cancel(sell it to me)..then I got ya $500 if you can wait for the cash a couple of months...just putting that out there. At least you know its going to someone here.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

This cover is one of the ugliest i could imagine for this reprint. There is nothing interesting in this cover, just the hotel, two people, thats it. All together in a comic style that, that is not nearly as good as he did for Locke... I wonder if the press really really wants this shit on their book and become the medal for the ugliest stupiest King cover ever...

Just to remember: i come from germany and the collectors and readers in germany must buy from heyne press, so we know what a really bad cover is

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that art sample the cover? Or an example of an interior illustration?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to Ari (who got it from Rodriguez) it's the cover art.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah ok. That at least removes the issue of it not representing an actual scene from the story then. (Well for me anyway)

(And thanks Michaël)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    This is a sick joke - right? They can't possibly put this garbage into the S/L edition of The Shining. It is truly terrible and amateurish. I'd take a hand drawn pencil sketch over this in a second.
    Agreed. Very disappointing. And worse that its the cover. Not going to cancel my order, tho. If I really hate the final product Ill flip it but I want to see the complete book before deciding.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When i see the ugly cover..... i´am HAPPY that i don´t order the book.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm glad I only sprung for the GE, as that cover (!) validates the concerns I had that caused me to avoid the LE.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I'm going to cancel mine I think. That art is just awful

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

TWTTK cover is still worse.

As I stated earlier, this doesn't thrill me at all, but it's hard to judge a 3 inch jpeg accurately.

Remember, those big blank areas on the top and bottom that appear to lack in detail will likely be covered up by gigantic text that says STEPHEN KING followed by much smaller text that says THE SHINING. (Assuming they follow the usual giant author name/tiny title approach.)
    Mark Twain

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    TWTTK cover is still worse.

As I stated earlier, this doesn't thrill me at all, but it's hard to judge a 3 inch jpeg accurately.

Remember, those big blank areas on the top and bottom that appear to lack in detail will likely be covered up by gigantic text that says STEPHEN KING followed by much smaller text that says THE SHINING. (Assuming they follow the usual giant author name/tiny title approach.)
    Maybe STEPHEN KING can cover up all the art and it will be better. I mostly dont like the ghost and the kid looking at the house. and the snow... and the building....

My Mood
    Inspired

At least its not just smokey looking text slapped on a black background......

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Just emailed bill asking to cancel my order and a refund. The artwork is just too cartoony. Ridiculous they picked Rodriguez for this. So disappointing

Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast