Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Oy The Brave Statue-Hand painted by Alex McVey-Benefits 2013 Fundraiser

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    For some reason I just assumed the pics were going to be Oy related (which would have been cool in its own), but am even more keen to see people's acquisitions now they seem to be random subject matter....

TN: that's one very cool clown piece!
    Actually he only did one OY drawing.
    Which, I've been informed, had freaking coffee spilled on it before it got off the drawing board and now needs to be redone
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

The arts are amazingly good. The second Pennywise is really bloody angry... Barlow is great!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great pieces, everyone! I also had assumed they would all be Oy-related (which would have been fine with me as well), but this is far more interesting seeing the variety. Looking forward to receiving mine! (It may have arrived - something is waiting for me, but I have not been able to get out of the office early enough to pick it up.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Hi, i received my three sketches today and they are also awesome. I am a little bit sad that i also got no Oy, but the sketches are also wonderful. I will post pictures on Monday and you will see that some of the pics already posted here and one of mine bear on each other...

Thanks for the sketches Alex!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Hi, i received my three sketches today and they are also awesome. I am a little bit sad that i also got no Oy, but the sketches are also wonderful. I will post pictures on Monday and you will see that some of the pics already posted here and one of mine bear on each other...

Glad you received them, and I look forward to seeing them. Congrats!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see them! Glad they arrived safely.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but Alex did only one "OY" the winner was announced upthread.
    I think Alex wanted each person that bought an Oy statue to have there own 1/1 original drawing.
    Brilliant idea IMO. 10+ Oy sketches would be hard to make noticeably different for each person. 10 originals are great.
    The people who jumped in not only received an Oy statue, they helped the fundraiser; AND each have their own original piece. I think that is ~ $200 value per donation/purchase.

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Sorry, but Alex did only one "OY" the winner was announced upthread.
    I think Alex wanted each person that bought an Oy statue to have there own 1/1 original drawing.
    Brilliant idea IMO. 10+ Oy sketches would be hard to make noticeably different for each person. 10 originals are great.
    The people who jumped in not only received an Oy statue, they helped the fundraiser; AND each have their own original piece. I think that is ~ $200 value per donation/purchase.

Absolut no problem at all...!

My Mood
    Devilish

Here we are, here we go...

Sketch no 1: Redskin

Sketch no 2: Worm

Sketch no 3 and the one i ment before when i said some pics are referring to each other, so we have three Pennywize´s-sketches, that increase horror...

Can someone help me out with the worm and the redskin, so to what books they belong to...? The worm could be Dark-Tower-related, or could be Langolier...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Indian Chief is from Creepshow 2....Chief WoodenHead

The worm....known as the parasitoid alienmacro virus from Dreamcatcher.

Hope this helps

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The worm looks like something from The Mist to me...

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Hope this helps

Mulleins

Really helps, thanks!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome looking sketches, Lauterer! Very creepy and cool.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice.... CONGRATS !!!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Sketches!!! Congrats!!! I like the 3 stages of Pennywise.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I LOVE Chief Woodenhead!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I LOVE Chief Woodenhead!!
    Then you will love what is coming soon...

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Oooo the suspense!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    Never would have guessed Chief WoodenHead. Good call.
    I thought the worm was actually The Plant...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what this is from, but I love it! Great work, Mr. McVey!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, Patrick. I think that's a close-up of the crate monster BTW.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful lines on the Crate Monster. Congrats!!!

My Mood
    Inspired

Fluffy!! Awesome artwork!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

OK this is just too much! Not only did my fairy godmother(father) send me an Oy statue as a surprise gift, but I just received this in the post today:

So very cool. Again, huge appreciation to my benefactor!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another beautiful work of art. Congrats!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast