Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Shining - Signed limited edition from Subterranean Press

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Shining - Signed limited edition from Subterranean Press

The Shining - Signed Limited Editions
    Shipping from Subterranean Press October 2013

The luxurious hardcovers will be published in three formats and will feature over 40 illustrations by acclaimed artist Dagmara Matuszak. The signed editions will be signed by Stephen and the artist.

* Signed Limited Edition of 750 numbered copies, housed in a custom traycase: $450

* Signed Lettered Edition of 52 copies, specially bound, housed in a custom traycase: $2,500

* Gift Edition of 1500 unsigned copies, cloth bound, housed in a custom slipcase: $95
    Preorders for this offering will begin in January 2013. News regarding preorders will be sent first from Subterranean Press through their newsletter.

If you have further questions, please contact Bill Schafer at Subterranean Press: subpress@gmail.com

Subterranean Press website:

http://www.subterraneanpress.com

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Must say the cover is very blah, looks like they threw it together in Paint in about 10 minutes.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder until the actual/final art is available.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The publisher confirmed me that this is a placeholder.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dagmara Matuszak's art:
    http://www.rosarium.pl/
    Last edited by mattgreenbean; 04-01-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: the link changed
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Dagmara Matuszak's art:
    http://rosarium.pl/galeria/
    Art is a very subjective medium and it can be difficult to find a balance between expectations and execution. Based on her website samples I'm not convinced Dagmara Matuszak is the right artist for The Shining. Part of that concern is on the sheer number of pieces (40) that are to be included in the book. Sometimes less is more and my preference would be for a cover image, title page image, and five part opener images. The Shining is a very stark, stripped down story and the art should reflect that mood. I was fortunate to see much of the design Centipede Press had planned for their limited of The Shining and that is the standard I will measure the Subterranean version against. Not a criticism; just an observation.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dagmara Matuszak's art:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Dagmara Matuszak's art:

Art is a very subjective medium and it can be difficult to find a balance between expectations and execution. Based on her website samples I'm not convinced Dagmara Matuszak is the right artist for The Shining. Part of that concern is on the sheer number of pieces (40) that are to be included in the book. Sometimes less is more and my preference would be for a cover image, title page image, and five part opener images. The Shining is a very stark, stripped down story and the art should reflect that mood. I was fortunate to see much of the design Centipede Press had planned for their limited of The Shining and that is the standard I will measure the Subterranean version against. Not a criticism; just an observation.

Gotta agree with Mr. Mears here. IDK think the artist suits the material. I could be wrong in the end though, but that's a helluva lot of Illo's for The Shining"!!!

There's still a few of these left!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they do a better job than S&S's disaster with 11.22.63. What a fiasco that was. I prefer first-come first-serve rather than a lottery weighted toward those that game the system with multiple entries. The price should cut down on demand a bit, but I imagine the signed editions will go quickly.

+ Reply to Thread