Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DYING WISH COMPETITION

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default DYING WISH COMPETITION

So...if you were to be granted one wish before you die what would it be?

The one judged by me to be the most original and creative, will receive a genuine signed (by Stephen King) copy of a SK book from my collection to be shipped free of charge to the winner, anywhere in the World. The competition will remain open for no longer than 6 months but might end earlier should I decide to close it.

You may submit as many entries as you choose and the only rule is that your wish must be physically, spiritually and financially achievable.

For what it's worth, my wish would be to have pockets sewn into my shroud.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would probably wish for my parents to be able to break out of their routine for once. They've never really left the small town that I grew up in and have always busied themselves so much with our upbringing. They are sooo unselfish! And it makes me feel sad that they never got to travel or anything. So...my dying wish would be to send them to a different part of this world...maybe Europe...see things they've only read about in books or seen on TV...send their asses to the Grand Canyon or Yosemite National Park...or Niagara Falls...send them on an Alaskan Whale watching cruise...on a mediterranean cruise... Send them to Egypt to see the pyramids...send them to Cancun to see the most beautiful beaches....Send them to Maui where my wife and I went on our honeymoon. I guess it all comes full circle in ways. They sacrifice for their kids and in turn, their kids want them to experience everything that this world has to offer--at least I do. As Dave Matthews says in "Two-Step"

Celebrate we will
    Because life is short but sweet for certain
    We're climbing two by two
    To be sure these days continue
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Country
    Country Flag

Nice thought...but if they're happy with each other then maybe that's enough for them.

Travel maketh not the man nor joy does it import

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

If I had one wish before I died

It would be for the kids that I teach in inner city Cincinnati. They aren't worried about what I have to teach them about science most of the time, rather they are worried about where their next meal is coming from. I would wish that those kids could be able to focus on school, have a stable family life, and be able to be kids for once. More than once have I stayed after school Waiting for parents to show up, and they never do. In most cases these kids are raised by slightly older brothers and sisters, grandparents or other relatives.

If I could have my wish these kids wouldnt have to turn to drugs or violence, and could turn to after school programs that faster innovation and creativity that I know these children are capable of.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IDK about a "last wish", but my "Last will & testament" requires me to be cremated and the ashes spread over Disney World from the "Sky Car" ride in the Magic Kingdom. Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!! This is, hand to God, actually in my will!!! Was always my absolute favorite place to be. Disney World, that is not the ice cream which I can take or leave.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apologies if this hurts anyone's feelings, but here goes.
    My wish is for the inscription on my future tombstone to say: "See ya soon!"
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Makes sense, you morbid bastard!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My dying wish is not to die.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

mine would be for my children to go to college. Any college and be able to do what they wish with that diploma that they receive. If one wants to be the president of the united states with that diploma I am all for it. Just as long as they can go to college is my one and only wish.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Unrealistic. My dying wish would be to come back as "Brice" with more money and a better haircut!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKs5XlnaU0

That being said,

My dying wish would be to be able to show everyone that ever looked down on me what I'm really like on the inside, the people that judged me unfairly because of my looks, speech, or way of dress. I'd like for them to see me the way I see myself and how I feel about myself.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, here's the winning post friends.

My dying wish is an unlimited lifetime supply of IRN BRU for agrabin.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!!
    Oh my God. Now I know why I haven't been to Disney in years.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2 chicks at the same time!

What's up!!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Thelangoleer View Post
    If I had one wish before I died

It would be for the kids that I teach in inner city Cincinnati. They aren't worried about what I have to teach them about science most of the time, rather they are worried about where their next meal is coming from. I would wish that those kids could be able to focus on school, have a stable family life, and be able to be kids for once. More than once have I stayed after school Waiting for parents to show up, and they never do. In most cases these kids are raised by slightly older brothers and sisters, grandparents or other relatives.

If I could have my wish these kids wouldnt have to turn to drugs or violence, and could turn to after school programs that faster innovation and creativity that I know these children are capable of.
    Commendable indeed. I work in a Teacher Training College and the students we have are mostly from middle-class backgrounds. Money isn't so much of a problem for them, although, of course, that in itself does not guarantee happiness. To be fair, they are a decent bunch and generally hard working and respectful. I know also of many kids who do not, and probably never will, have the chances in life that more privileged ones have. Unfortunately, I guess that's the nature of our society.

Country
    Country Flag

IDK about a "last wish", but my "Last will & testament" requires me to be cremated and the ashes spread over Disney World from the "Sky Car" ride in the Magic Kingdom. Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!! This is, hand to God, actually in my will!!! Was always my absolute favorite place to be. Disney World, that is not the ice cream which I can take or leave.
    I suppose that qualifies as a dying wish. Let me know when it's likely to happen, just in case I might have planned to be there at that time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Feelings hurt there should not be,
    Your optimism pleaseth me

Country
    Country Flag

Drink enough IRN-BRU and who knows??

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    mine would be for my children to go to college. Any college and be able to do what they wish with that diploma that they receive. If one wants to be the president of the united states with that diploma I am all for it. Just as long as they can go to college is my one and only wish.
    I do hope you get your wish. Two of mine went to University and neither of them are now in positions which required them to have their degrees. Just a thought.

Country
    Country Flag

Unrealistic. My dying wish would be to come back as "Brice" with more money and a better haircut!!!!

Brave indeed...not sure I would wish that on anyone!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKs5XlnaU0

That being said,

My dying wish would be to be able to show everyone that ever looked down on me what I'm really like on the inside, the people that judged me unfairly because of my looks, speech, or way of dress. I'd like for them to see me the way I see myself and how I feel about myself.
    Those shallow ones who judge you, and others, not by what you are but by how you look, merit no such attention...it is they who should be contrite. Worry not yourself nor waste any time giving credence to those who deserve none. Be who you are with great pride and we will support you. Concentrate your mind on another dying wish for this one I declare unnecessary and therefore redundant.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, here's the winning post friends.

My dying wish is an unlimited lifetime supply of IRN BRU** for agrabin.
    Clever Brice...devilishly clever. However, on pain of inflicting great personal regret on myself...I hereby declare an amendment to the rules...no bribery. You should understand Brice that this is required because, let's be honest, this** is a competion stopper and it's just too early to part with my book..

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    2 chicks at the same time!

What's up!!
    Should I be honest and probably incur the wrath of any feminist who may be watching, or should I be diplomatic and say but nought?

Hmm...sorry girls, but I like this one.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Just get those bastards over here.
    We here are the afterworld... where everyone is appreciated as he deserves, and I hope everyone is able to show what they are really like - on the inside.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast