Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: San Diego Comic Con 2012

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yeah, really as someone who's not really a big comic fan (though I do like some) I figured there wouldn't be much for me at a comic convention, but it looks like I was wrong.
    Same here
    reality continues to ruin my life

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly though if I was gonna' go this would be the one on my radar.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Honestly though if I was gonna' go this would be the one on my radar.
    Ditto!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So the final day of the Con has come. I arrived to the place early since I was looking to pick up one of the 150 tickets for Robert Kirkman's (The Walking Dead) signing. But by the time I entered the Exhibitors Hall all were given...most of them to booth owners inside the con

Anyway, the first thing I did was visiting the booths that gave away cool stuff, like Warner Bros, where I picked up a Man of Steel t-shirt and a cool Hobbit pin. This is something you gotta know about the CON: The coolest booths give away great stuff but a REALLY limited quantity, so you gotta be near all the time...

After this, I went to the Marvel booth where Peter David was signing:

And got a copy of The Gunslinger Born inscribed:

I tried to get inside the signing of Sons of Anarchy, but no luck again. Anyway, I could get a pic of part of the cast:

And also saw a cool costume!

As I mentioned before, I missed the signing event of Game of Thrones, but I was lucky enough to stop by the Harper Collins' booth and...they had some copies of Song of Fire and ice signed for sale! Cover price! I didn't have any space left, so I only got Dance with Dragons!

Then I stopped by once again at the book of Art Spiegelman, where Dave McKean was. I talked for a couple of minutes with him when I saw a Wizard and Glass 1st (Donald Grant). Another person comes in and talks with both Dave and I saying that his edition was the only one that had the 18 illustrations. I recognized him at that moment. He was Robert Weiner, owner of Grant Books. I shaked hands with him, talked for some more minutes and finally headed for Robert Kirkman signing to see if I was able to get the signature. Well...the security guy told me to go away, but since there was no limit in the signing, I asked one guy who had few things to get the signature on my comic book (which already had the signature by Adlard). He agreed...

And when the signing ended, some people approached Robert, and he signed all the stuff given + took all the pics wanted. So I got the rest of my Walking dead comics signed + a pic with him:

And that was all! The Con ended and we walked to buy the last stuff...took a final picture and left.

On the next day I spent the last bucks I had buying some clothes and enjoying the city of San Diego, which is really beautiful once you don't have to rush for anything

And on Tuesday I finally took my flight back to Argentina...

This event was far beyond my expectations and I'm POSITIVE I'll be attending again. I don't think it'll happend on 2013, but I'll aim for 2014.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Ari. You've really opened my eyes to just how cool this event is from a collectors point of view. No idea when I'll get a chance to attend, but I'm there one day!
    Thanks again for posting.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Great stuff Ari. You've really opened my eyes to just how cool this event is from a collectors point of view. No idea when I'll get a chance to attend, but I'm there one day!
    I could not have said it better, James!!!!

Thanks, Ari!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Thanks for sharing

Ari!!! Was nice to see all those pictures of ComicCon. Alomejor un dia voy con mi esposa! I used to go to comic conventions and have forgotten how crowded and crazy they are. Last one I went to was ummm...maybe early 90s when Todd macFarlane was touring for his SPAWN comic.

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    This just struck me as funny because other than meeting Patricia Quinn (which is the whole reason we went) my daughter and I did nothing but people watch at DragonCon.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all. I really encourage that anyone who can to visit the con someday. It's beyond expectations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Thank you all. I really encourage that anyone who can to visit the con someday. It's beyond expectations!
    You sold me on it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just had the chance to look through your thread, Ari. What a fantastic experience you had. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Alan!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reminds me that i am waiting to recieve a press kit for the season 3.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3