Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: are we really going to pretend ketchup isn't the best condiment ever?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm off all ketchup. It's just red sugar to me now. I use spicy mustard and black pepper (no salt) on sandwiches. I almost always add banana peppers. In salads, I usually use peanut sauce.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't enjoy any grilled foods as much if they don't have onions, especially burgers. And mustard/onions on hot dogs is one of my favorite things about the summertime. Two of my brothers can't eat onions, so this past week on vacation I made guacamole a few times without it. NOT THE SAME.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

do you guys have grocery stores that stock Koop's Mustard? I just remembered that they have the only mustard in the world I like. It's called Arizona Heat, and it's lovely and spicy, and goes great on paninis

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I am about to enjoy a hotdog. On it, I will put ketchup, mustard, and relish (all stored in the refrigerator, but removed prior to cooking the hotdogs to warm them slightly). Sometimes I also enjoy onion on my hotdogs, but not today. I'm thinking I might toss on some banana peppers as well, because I love them. Haven't decided yet. Maybe some cheese too. The hot dogs are currently simmering in a pot with Woodchuck Cider to add a little more flavor. Mmmm

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember I went to Chicago a few years back and me and a friend went to this place that specializes in hot dogs (I can't remember the name of the place for the life of me) and I asked the cashier if they had any ketchup for the hot dogs, and both he and my friend slowly turned to look at me

I had no idea that Chicago-eans were such snobs about not putting ketchup on their hot dogs!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

There are places like that in New Haven with hamburgers! They FLIP OUT.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

BITCH, OUTTA MY WAY I'M POURING KETCHUP ALL UP ON THIS PIECE

OM NOM NOM NOM

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

List of condiments in my fridge at all times is ketchup, mustard x2, mayo, bbq sauce, hienz 57, ranch, tartar sauce, blue cheese dressing for hot wings, sour cream, guacamole, picante sauce...and I am weird cuz I like mayo with my fries...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What about Thousand Island dressing? Anytime I go to a local diner and I order a burger, I make sure to ask for thousand island dressing. Those grilled style burgers + TI = mmmmmmmmmm hmmm!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sabrett Onions!!!! Like on the "Streets of New York"!!!!! YES!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

only onions i like are spice onions...the dried kind....minced onions that's it...and onion rings....lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mustard, Ketchup, Relish, Mayonaisse, and any other condiment on the planet are disgusting, extremely. Mustard is by far the greatest evil in the world, honey, dijon, spicy...they are all gross, stop being fooled people!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Love onions. mustard, hot mustard, spicy mustard, mayo but no ketchup. I love tomatoes and tomato based sauces but just not ketchup.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I prefer Heinz ketchup to any other brand, usually. I actually enjoyed the purple ketchup too. It seemed thicker and had a slightly different taste. Green, though, that weirded me out for some reason, even though tomatoes can be green. My absolute favorite ketchup was del monte's old catsup recipe, which tasted less sugary and almost a little sour. Unfortunately, they changed their recipe and I have had to settle for Heinz.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hunt's is the worst ketchup. I Always prefer Heinz. Mmm...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Inspired

I concur.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    My kids love ranch dressing mixed with hot sauce (Texas Pete at casa de Bethany), usually to dip tortilla chips in but I have seen them eat it between 2 pieces of bread like a sandwich.
    I do that all the time(also with Texas Pete). I have also been known to mix hot sauce or sriracha with mayonnaise for dipping stuff as well.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Unless sour cream counts as a condiment. Sour cream trumps all.
    Agreed! Not sure anything beats sour cream.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Nope, you didn't imagine that at all. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but I prefer about 98% of condiments to bbq sauce.
    BBQ sauce is one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh my God. Me and my sister put ranch dressing on everything. My absolute favorite is ranch dressing and french fries.

Mustard (cold!)=hot dogs, pretzels, cheeseburgers

Ketchup (warm!)=french fries
    Oh no Bright Eyes, don't tell me you're one of those people that refuse to put ketchup on a hot dog! My mom is the same way, the rest of us in the family think she's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    If we're considering banana peppers (which I love btw) as part of this topic, then I have a question: how does everyone feel about onions? I'm a huge fan of onions, but so many people hate them, I always am curious to see who likes them.
    I love onions!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Most onions make me nauseated for some reason, not quite an allergy but annoying as hell.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Oh my God. Me and my sister put ranch dressing on everything. My absolute favorite is ranch dressing and french fries.
    I've never understood the whole dipping things in ranch. When I was in high school it was always a thing with my friends to get the seasoned fries from Denny's and dip them in ranch dressing. I like ranch on my salad. That's about it.

I.LOVE.ONIONS.

I honestly won't eat a burger if it doesn't have onions. I also put onions on my quesadillas de queso. I lurveeeeeeee them.
    I can take them or leave them. Doesn't matter to me either way. If they come with whatever I'm ordering, that's fine but I don't go out of my way to add them to anything.

I remember I went to Chicago a few years back and me and a friend went to this place that specializes in hot dogs (I can't remember the name of the place for the life of me) and I asked the cashier if they had any ketchup for the hot dogs, and both he and my friend slowly turned to look at me

I had no idea that Chicago-eans were such snobs about not putting ketchup on their hot dogs!
    I've lived less that 100 miles from Chicago my entire life and have never understood this. I've been there plenty of times I've put ketchup on my hot dogs when I'm there. The neon green relish is interesting though.

What about Thousand Island dressing? Anytime I go to a local diner and I order a burger, I make sure to ask for thousand island dressing. Those grilled style burgers + TI = mmmmmmmmmm hmmm!
    TI is pretty good on Big Macs.

Hunt's is the worst ketchup. I Always prefer Heinz. Mmm...
    I just by the generic stuff. I can't really tell a difference in the taste between different brands.

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    and I am weird cuz I like mayo with my fries...lol
    I'll eat lots of things with my fries, depending on which restaurant I'm at. Ketchup, mayo, honey or tatar sauce.

My wife has been known to dip them in applesauce. She dips fish in applesauce too.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cholula baby!

Actually, I'd say it's a toss between Ketchup and Mayo... don't forget that Ketchup and/or Mayo is the base for almost all condiments anyway, so they automatically win. For example, Thousand Island is just Ketchup and Mayo with some spices. Ketchup can be a base for BBQ sauce as well. Mustard is a base for other condiments too...
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta tell you guys something : all of this condiment talk got to me yesterday, so I went to a local burger joint and I got the biggest, juiciest, most onion filled burger I could get my hands on and I murdered that fucker with ketchup and TI dressing, ahahaha.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Ketchup sucks

that is all
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NO YOU

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

mayo and ketchup, world's finest duo!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast