Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What Books are Required to Make a Complete, Same Number S/L Set of The Dark Tower?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7

4 9.76%
  • DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, TWTTK

5 12.20%
  • DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, TWTTK, LSOE

32 78.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Books are Required to Make a Complete, Same Number S/L Set of The Dark Tower?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Option #2

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Just a thought, not trying to piss anybody off.
    Another possibility; Complete, same number S/L set of The Dark Tower:

DT1 Gunslinger,
    DT2 Drawing of the Three,
    DT3 Wastelands,
    DT4 Wizard & Glass,
    DT4.5 Wind through the Keyhole,
    DT5 Wolves of the Calla,
    DT6 Song of Susannah,
    DT7 The Dark Tower,
    All the above are actually stated as "Dark Tower" preceding the title of the book.

The Grant edition of The Little Sisters of Eluria is the only jacket with no mention of "Dark Tower"
    Isn't that the same as the second option in the poll? Or am I missing something here?

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Remind the purpose of this again... If the definition change by the survey, then someone is going the complete same-number owners thread revise the owners that fail this new criteria as incomplete? Is that the purpose?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe the poll is binding. David compiled the list and defines the complete sets as DTI-DTVII. I am not certain he wants to/will change the definition as that would really create a lot more work. I suppose a note could be placed next to each complete set detailing a confirmed TWTTK and or a LSOE. Just an awful lot of work.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default LOL. .....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    All 500 copies of each DT book.

good point. If were being literal then i would have to agree with you.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't believe the poll is binding. David compiled the list and defines the complete sets as DTI-DTVII. I am not certain he wants to/will change the definition as that would really create a lot more work. I suppose a note could be placed next to each complete set detailing a confirmed TWTTK and or a LSOE. Just an awful lot of work.
    Oh i disagree....this poll is legally binding and the outcome will afect the lives of DT collectors globally.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Option #2
    I think you and I and Cook are the only ones that feel this way....and only two of us voted.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Just a thought, not trying to piss anybody off.
    Another possibility; Complete, same number S/L set of The Dark Tower:

DT1 Gunslinger,
    DT2 Drawing of the Three,
    DT3 Wastelands,
    DT4 Wizard & Glass,
    DT4.5 Wind through the Keyhole,
    DT5 Wolves of the Calla,
    DT6 Song of Susannah,
    DT7 The Dark Tower,
    All the above are actually stated as "Dark Tower" preceding the title of the book.

The Grant edition of The Little Sisters of Eluria is the only jacket with no mention of "Dark Tower"
    Isn't that the same as the second option in the poll? Or am I missing something here?
    Yes, but wait there's more... and this involves a few questions as well (so please don't get all freaky on me "no names mentioned")
    Since Legends the S/L is "I think" the 1st printing of the S/L Little Sisters of Eluria, and is mentioned in the contents as a "Dark Tower" story.
    Should this also be included ?
    Why should the S/L Legends be omitted ?
    or are we talking about Grant ed. only ?

Disclaimer; My apologies if this has already been discussed, I try to read it all but sometimes I miss shit.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

an even more, since other books King has written include characters from the dark tower shouldnt they be included?
    where does it end aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    an even more, since other books King has written include characters from the dark tower shouldnt they be included?
    IMHO you gotta draw the line at books with "Dark Tower Novel" in the title with the notable exception of LSOE/Gunslinger which, should have had that in the title. There's no two ways about that edition. JMHO of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Never, unless you acquire every single book King has ever written-and I mean all 100+ million of them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm a new collecting goal.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say that the original Dark Tower books are the only books needed for the "set". I chose books 1-7.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    All 500 copies of each DT book.

good point. If were being literal then i would have to agree with you.
    Well, you'd be hard pressed to get more complete unless you went with what jerome suggested below. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never, unless you acquire every single book King has ever written-and I mean all 100+ million of them.
    Or if you have Stephen King himself, in the basement of your house ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shhhh.....
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised, no takers on the questions.

Since Legends the S/L is "I think" the 1st printing of the S/L Little Sisters of Eluria, and is mentioned in the contents as a "Dark Tower" story.
    Should this also be included as part of the set?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised, no takers on the questions.

Should this also be included as part of the set?
    THAT'S A 3 WITH A CHERRY.
    Spoiler:

IF I ALSO HAD #179 WOULD THAT ADD UP TO #301?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I would say that the original Dark Tower books are the only books needed for the "set". I chose books 1-7.
    That's how I voted.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The original 7 books are the only ones that look good together on the shelf. Any of the others look awful next to them.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The original 7 books are the only ones that look good together on the shelf. Any of the others look awful next to them.
    agree..

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It would seem that the overwhelming majority (80%) feel that you need all nine books.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I think all nine are necessary....but I agree I wish all nine looked like a legit 'set' on the bookshelf.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Yeah, I think all nine are necessary....but I agree I wish all nine looked like a legit 'set' on the bookshelf.
    That is for the __th Anniversary edition!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Dolso!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Here is a serious quest for dolso cases. Have matching set of 9 cases that the slipcased books will slide into therefore making them appear as matching cases

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast