Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mist, The (Nebel-Phantasia) - Herbert Brandmeier

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Mist, The (Nebel-Phantasia) - Herbert Brandmeier

NEBEL, by Herbert BRANDMEIER (german limited)

Artist : Herbert BRANDMEIER
    Book : The Mist
    Editions : Phantasia
    Portfolio : None.
    Images courtesy of: king-collection
    Post 1 of 1

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like those illustrations at all. What the heck are they supposed to be illustrating? I don't see much relationship to the story at all in most of them. I'm glad I never bought that book.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree that those are perhaps the most disparate images I've ever seen for a King story.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the illustrator was studying Max Ernst collages at the time.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely...different.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to ask this....but are you people sure that those illustrations belong to that book?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah i know, very different...
    but the seller of the copy on ebay, sent me those pictures... so dont think he would have sent me pictures of another book, coz i wouldnt may have bid on his copy
    (in fact i didnt)

very different, but hiwever some illustrations are (a little) related...
    am wondering if the illustrator knew the book lol..

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

It's been 2 years and i've never looked at this one. I think these are awesome. Really different surrealistic and interpretive take on the book.
    What, Ari you don't remember the donkey guy in the business suit? You might have to re-read the mist...
    looking at these here's my idea of what they are
    1. Beasties in the sky
    2. Destroyed city from the storm, maybe society crumbling
    3. Judgment, the mob rules scene, lady reading the book is the lady that started all the religous stuff
    4. When the generator blows
    5. It's a grocery store, bats and death. Not sure what the donkey is about, maybe stubborness of the people who won't believe?
    6. They're piling up the dogfood and fertilizer in fron of the store windows, granted the store is a shop at the Greek Pantheon and that baby is hung over.
    7. No Idea, the world has been turned upside down? Blending into different dimensions.
    8. One of the big monsters in the mist, you can see one of the flying creatures above him
    9. Sex scene. also him talking to his son.
    10. Giant spiders, sorrow and dismemberment, all in the story.
    That was fun, i wish more illustrations were this interesting. If anyone knows the artist I'd like to get some of these.

Traveler pvs is on a distinguished road pvs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are some of the wildest interpretations I have ever seen, makes you wonder if it was the publisher or the artist who conceived the story this way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pvs View Post
    These are some of the wildest interpretations I have ever seen, makes you wonder if it was the publisher or the artist who conceived the story this way.
    Someone influenced by LSD.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Artist Herbert BRANDMEIER worked together with German Publisher Edition Phantasia several times.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pvs View Post
    Someone influenced by LSD.
    And apparently both a LOT of it and some of unquestionable quality.

I actually like them. I'm just not entirely sure they go along with the story.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also like them a lot. One of these days I will own a copy of that book! (...maybe)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I also like them a lot. One of these days I will own a copy of that book! (...maybe)

To own one of the NEBEL Edition Phantasia is nice,
    own MORE is NICER

Last edited by Stockerlone; 05-06-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if the artist created these pieces of art directly for this edition? It wouldn't be the first time foreign books have reused artwork from other books.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea... Mr. Brandmeier don´t have an homepage or mail add.

Next time when i talk with Mr. Körber, the owner from Edition Phantasia i will ask him if he can
    ´arrange´ a contact to Herbert Brandmeier.
    But i think, this illustrations are definitely created for this book. I have some other EP
    books with Herbert Brandmeier Illustrations, this is definitive his ´ special/amazing´ style.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Wow that book goes for $4000?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Wow that book goes for $4000?
    No... the prize for one of the ´normal´ NR. is.... 1000-1400 Euro
    One of the ultra rare ROMAN nr. get sold for... 1500++ Euro

+ Reply to Thread