Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,476 to 1,482 of 1482

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "The only thing better than a superb collection of spinechilling stories, is a superb collection of spinechilling stories accompanied by equally unsettling illustrations, and in that regard, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better example than IN MINT CONDITION: 2013. In reading it, I have discovered writers and artists previously unknown to me who are now very high on my radar, and they should be just as high on yours."

~ Kealan Patrick Burke, Bram Stoker Award-Winning author of THE TURTLE BOY, and KIN.
    Now, THAT ONE is going up on the refrigerator.
    And rightly so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    "The only thing better than a superb collection of spinechilling stories, is a superb collection of spinechilling stories accompanied by equally unsettling illustrations, and in that regard, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better example than IN MINT CONDITION: 2013. In reading it, I have discovered writers and artists previously unknown to me who are now very high on my radar, and they should be just as high on yours."

~ Kealan Patrick Burke, Bram Stoker Award-Winning author of THE TURTLE BOY, and KIN.
    Now, THAT ONE is going up on the refrigerator.
    Refrigerator? Hell, you oughta have it tattooed on your ass! Awesome! (The review, not your ass)

(Too bad I can't read it in the testimonials tab at AmbannonBooks.com, nudge nudge hint hint)
    I'd pay for that tattoo!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Ralph, I just started the book yesterday and thought the poem was a really nice start!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    If it’s OK, I want to waste your time for a minute and share my thoughts on reviews, book testimonials, and some of my experience with “Marvin’s Retirement”

Jumping right in…….

Why does it appear in reviews one reader likes a story, but a minute later the next reader seems to hate it? Did the reader leaving the negative review not understand the story? Did the story appeal to the reader leaving the negative? Does a review really matter to me in selecting a book to read?

Nope, not at all.

Positive or negative, we all know reviews are simply a person’s opinion. However, from time to time a review comes along I do take notice because the review writer and I seem to share the same feelings. A great example of what I’m talking about is the In Mint Condition: 2013 review by Kealan Patrick Burke. I couldn’t agree more with his review. Reading the stories have been fun for me and an adventure I will revisit again. Does the review mean you will like the stories buried within? Not sure, grab a copy and find out for yourself.

To all the contributors of In Mint Condition: 2013, take a moment today and look at yourself in the mirror. Your accomplishment along with the hard work of Ambannon Books is something you shouldn’t take lightly. No matter if your story has been mentioned in a review, liked, dis-liked, or not even mentioned at all, revel in your success.

For me, I believe “Marvin’s Retirement” will open some fantastic doors. The collaboration with Glenn Chadbourne is priceless to me. Just a small glimpse of what I’m feeling; Glenn never read the story during the character creation period. He drew the pictures just from me explaining the story to him and how I think the characters should look. When the prelim drawings started showing up, I was floored. Glenn nailed them the first go around. In fact, he added some of his special touches so I obliged and changed the story to incorporate his ideas. A collaboration project I will never forget.

Some readers are asking…..

Will the “Lilja” part of the story continue? Yes

Where did Lilja’s evil book come from? The book is the secret to Stephen King’s writing success, he accidentally left it behind during a visit. Lilja stumbled onto the books power and locked it in Room 107.

Is Lilja evil or being controlled by something else? Both. Just look at the picture Glenn created, she is one ugly evil bitch.

Is Marvin’s wife still searching for him? Yes, she searches for him every day. She frequents the library in hopes to understand what happened to her husband. She can’t see him during her visits, but he can see and hear her. As Marvin stands in a dark corner of the library with a tear in his eye…he asks himself “do I even want Martha to find me for what I’ve become?”

Should the story continue? (shaking my magic eight ball) A Must

In closing, the above mention of “Marvin’s Story” isn’t a plea for a review or comment. Hopefully it didn’t come across that way. I just want all the authors of the book to know, if your story isn’t mentioned in a review, it’s OK……I liked it. The book In Mint Condition: 2013 and all your stories within sit in a special place in the closet (“Room 217”) along with my book and art collection.

Congratulation’s again to all the contributors.

Is that the first "verified" remarque?

Great post, Ralph.
    Not sure Shannon. Glenn did have a little fun with Marvin, didn't he.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got this in the mail today.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, George!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!
    I should get around to reading 2013 sometime soon! I hear the are some great stories in there.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dear friends, if you are still reading (which I hope you do), please don't neglect to post your comments here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60