Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    AND to show that I'm a good sport about it I'll even send you a nice personalized (with facsimile signature) copy of our form rejection letter
    When you send me mine could I get the lettered version? I do not have anything lettered in my collection and this would be a great starter. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I would love to have the "A"...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jerome, I'm fair. I'll be using another member's name when I submit it to my staff members for consideration. I, like everyone, would like to know honestly what people think.

Ricky, I would like for all the stories to be "brand new" to the reader's eyes. If I were you and wanted feedback, I would PM a select group of people and ask them, instead of making it public just yet. I won't say that if you publically post it it wouldn't get accepted, but it's something that we would have to think about.
    Sorry, I don't think I was as clear as I wanted to be. What I meant to say was submit it to whoever's editing the thing, and get feedback from them, you, etc., not the general board.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Broke out my pencils the other day! Hopefully I'll be able to get something together for you guys
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    AND to show that I'm a good sport about it I'll even send you a nice personalized (with facsimile signature) copy of our form rejection letter
    When you send me mine could I get the lettered version? I do not have anything lettered in my collection and this would be a great starter. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I would love to have the "A"...
    We'll try to hook you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jerome, I'm fair. I'll be using another member's name when I submit it to my staff members for consideration. I, like everyone, would like to know honestly what people think.

Ricky, I would like for all the stories to be "brand new" to the reader's eyes. If I were you and wanted feedback, I would PM a select group of people and ask them, instead of making it public just yet. I won't say that if you publically post it it wouldn't get accepted, but it's something that we would have to think about.
    Sorry, I don't think I was as clear as I wanted to be. What I meant to say was submit it to whoever's editing the thing, and get feedback from them, you, etc., not the general board.
    I can't speak for the others, but feedback is not my personal forte. I can correct errors and make suggestions to make it flow better, but beyond that I'm not sure how to do that. Basically I can say whether I like it or not, but can't tell you why.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll be ah-cooking ah-something up-ah. I had a few stories written and was always on the verge on clicking 'submit' but I'd chicken out at the last moment.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't speak for the others, but feedback is not my personal forte. I can correct errors and make suggestions to make it flow better, but beyond that I'm not sure how to do that. Basically I can say whether I like it or not, but can't tell you why.
    In that case, you're fired.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm...I can't be fired because-

1. I volunteered
    2. I was totally upfront about what I volunteered.
    3. You have absolutely zero authority.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

So there is no chance of a yes or no before July, it's a long time to wait :-(

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, Tito, I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Shannon; 09-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

From me it's not impossible or even improbable to get a yes or a no. I just don't really do much feedback or literary criticism. I'll leave that to the others for the most part. Of course IF I do find I have something to say I'll say it. I just either like it or I don't and there's seldom a real why.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    So there is no chance of a yes or no before July, it's a long time to wait :-(
    Yeah, I agree. If a decision won't be made until July, I probably won't send anything in since that's time that I could be shopping around the same stories to other literary markets (some don't allow you to have a story out and submit it to for their publication).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, feel free to shop the stories elsewhere as well. If they get accepted after we go to print, that's fine with me. If they get accepted before we go to print, then we won't accept it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think a final decision will be made till July. That doesn't preclude us having a pretty good idea of which we'll pick. When we notify those who submit is Shannon's call though. The one immediate argument I can make in favor of not doing as you say though is with those other publishing companies you're competing with the masses for submission. Here your only competition is your fellow posters...and even then a small subset of them.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    In that case, you're fired.
    I'm Merlin1958, Former "Director for a Day" and I disapprove of this message!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    That being said, I'd be happy to "Proof-Read" anything you've written and give fair and equitable feedback if you like, Ricky. Always enjoyed your wit!!! I'd be willing to bet you have a great story!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Working on re-writing something old that I think would be perfect for this thing. Also, waiting on a response from a current submission. If it's not accepted or they don't except it before the end of June, i will submit that as well. I plan to submit three stories. Already submitted three poems. Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't have any essay ideas right now, but who knows what might come up in the next month or so.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Already submitted three poems.
    Now I know for sure who you are.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Already submitted three poems.
    Now I know for sure who you are.
    Oops. Shit. Sorry about that. lol. I hope you liked them. I can't wait for July. The anticipation is a killer. lol

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but I'm kinda' a dick and will make you wait.

I didn't gouge out my eyes with a spoon if that helps any.

If you rescue me

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry! By the end of this I'm sure you will want to.

P.S. I will make sure of it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of questions:
    • Has any submission been approved, and if so has the author/artist been notified?
    • Has any submission been declined, and if so has the author/artist been notified?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, as far as I'm aware there haven't been any approved or rejected. The three of us haven't even had a chance to read all the submissions yet. Personally I'll be reading most of them for the first time tomorrow. I have read a couple poems. Even if I wanted to I can't say whose off the top of my head. Shannon has to decide if he wants to notify people soon or hold off. Personally I'd like a little time to be able to read them at least twice.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Don't worry! By the end of this I'm sure you will want to.

P.S. I will make sure of it!

I look forward to it.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to stand by my original thought and not approve or decline anything until the deadline. I don't want to approve or decline anything until i get a chance to read everything submitted.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmmm

I'm going to have to agree with Shannon on that. This method ensures that the best short stories, poems, and essays make it in. In my own experience working on a literary magazine, this is generally the way to go.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast