Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 Collecting Goals

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Hope this is a prosperous year in terms of adding to everyone's collection. Personally, I will try for the following:
    -- complete my signed first edition quest of the DT series
    -- complete a DT PC set
    -- complete a set of numbered Plant editions
    -- lettered Danse Macabre
    -- red numbered Salem's Lot
    -- signed firsts of Salem's Lot, Night Shift, Shining
    -- as many nice proofs as I can find including TWTTK
    -- as many early UK editions as possible

Yes, it's a pricey wish list...so if I get just a couple of the above I'll be very, very happy! Good luck to all and happy hunting!
    Are you looking to acquire a second Centipede red-numbered 'Salem's Lot or did you mean black numbered?

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Hope this is a prosperous year in terms of adding to everyone's collection. Personally, I will try for the following:
    -- complete a DT PC set

Yes, it's a pricey wish list...so if I get just a couple of the above I'll be very, very happy! Good luck to all and happy hunting!
    Are you looking to acquire a second Centipede red-numbered 'Salem's Lot or did you mean black numbered?
    This is just a confusing limited edition sometimes, lol. I have the black numbered edition and the red roman numeraled edition (and a deluxe PC edition). I'm looking for one of the red numbered (1-80) editions and/or a black roman numeraled edition. Hope that happens in 2012 but, if not, there are scores of other King titles I'm missing.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

-- complete a DT PC set

This is just a confusing limited edition sometimes, lol. I have the black numbered edition and the red roman numeraled edition (and a deluxe PC edition). I'm looking for one of the red numbered (1-80) editions and/or a black roman numeraled edition. Hope that happens in 2012 but, if not, there are scores of other King titles I'm missing.
    Sounds like you would like to eventually acquire every permutation of the SL limited. That will require a strong shelf!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

-- complete a DT PC set

Sounds like you would like to eventually acquire every permutation of the SL limited. That will require a strong shelf!
    And deep pockets.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

- Top goal is to find #644 DT II to complete my set

- Gift edition of The Green Mile

- Hardcover edition of The Green Mile

- UK editions I don't currently have

- Just added some new shelves and rearranged my books, and it looks like some of my earlier 1sts could use upgrading - from tanning/fading/reading

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    - UK editions I don't currently have
    Looking for any particular title(s)?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Easier to tell you what I have: Cujo, Christine, Pet Sematary, Skeleton Crew, Eyes of the Dragon, Misery, The Dark Half, Four Past Midnight, Rose Madder, Desperation, The Regulators, Bag of Bones, From A Buick 8, Cell, Just After Sunset.

It (the one I bought was supposedly a 1st but turned into a bookclub - haha)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Are you planning to go for a full set? You're well on your way already.

Country
    Country Flag

That's the plan.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    -- complete a DT PC set

And deep pockets.
    Yeah -- the sturdy wood is always easier to find than the thin paper with multiple zeros on it!

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

2012 Collecting Goals:

1. Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio
    2. Artwork for the Skeleton Crew Portfolio
    3. Night Shift
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh44 View Post
    2012 Collecting Goals:

1. Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio
    2. Artwork for the Skeleton Crew Portfolio
    TDT Member namelessnpoor is selling both of those in the Collectible Classifieds Thread right now! At very good prices!

AKC

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up AKC, I appreciate it.
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How did everyone do against their goals in 2012? Did your goals change over the course of the year?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Pre-Carrie stuff
    • Cavalier (October, 1970) - Graveyard Shift
    • Cavalier (February, 1972) - Suffer the Little Children
    • Cavalier (April, 1972) - The Fifth Quarter
    • Writer's Digest (November, 1973) - The Horror Market Writer and the Ten Bears

Ubris (Spring 1968/Fall 1969) and Marshroots (Fall, 1973) would complete my pre-Carrie collection but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Proofs

Any of the US proofs from the 80s I'm still missing. I've got several of them on my radar but it really depends on what becomes available at an affordable price. Examples: US Danse Macabre, US Different Seasons, US Skeleton Crew.

Trade editions
    • Upgrade Gunslinger 2nd edition to 1st edition, and/or:
    • Upgrade ex-library Night Shift 1st/1st to collectible 1st/1st edition, and/or:
    • Upgrade UK 'Salem's Lot priceclipped 1st/1st edition to intact 1st/1st edition, and/or:
    • Upgrade Hearts In Atlantis 1st/3d to 1st/1st edition

Pretty modest goals, huh?
    I reached many of my goals for 2012 (see the 'strike-throughs'). The biggest change is that I stopped collecting UK editions and actually sold my complete set of UK trade editions (I owned all of them including the Big Ones). Many people probably thought I was crazy to do so but hey...

I was lucky enough to score a couple of proofs that I did not mention in my original post, plus a whole bunch of magazines and anthologies with short fiction 1st appearances. I'll update my Collection thread soon. My collection is now what I would call 'lean and mean' with a very strong focus on 1st appearances and 1st printings (magazines/anthologies/proofs/trade editions).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you guys planning to change the title of this thread for 2013 or, will this thread be archived and a possible new one started? Just curious.

Edit: Never mind. My question was answered upon clicking "Unread Threads"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    • TWTTK S/L
    • A signed trade of TWTTK
    • Whatever Cemetery Dance has in store for me.
    Accomplished.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem not to have posted my 2012 goals last year.

That being said, they would have been:

TWTTK S/L
    TWTTK UK S/L
    TWTTK A/E
    TWTTK Signed trade
    IT S/L
    IT G/E
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Rainy Seasons S/L

All accomplished!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Michael, I'll keep an eye on HIA. I didn't even know it had more than 1 printing.

SK want list:

The Colorado Kid from PS. 3 books in a slipcase
    Dolores Claiborne UK Christmas edition
    Just After Sunset UK slipcased edition
    The Dark Tower re-issues from Viking
    Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Night Shift 1st editions. I'll be happy if I get one of these.
    Anthologies I don't have

Other authors:

Tim Lebbon's books I don't have
    signed copy of GTD's "The Night Eternal"
    Dan Simmons "Carrion Comfort" S/L or a signed trade
    a few select titles from Centipede Press
    I did alright.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My goals :
    The Wind Through the Keyhole [proof]
    The Wind Through the Keyhole [french proof]
    Full Dark, No Stars [french proof]

French old magazines
    More promotional items :-)

Bookshelves and filling them :-)

i think that i did ok :

The Wind Through the Keyhole [proof] >>> OK
    The Wind Through the Keyhole [french proof] >>> KO. I dont think that there were any, so...
    Full Dark, No Stars [french proof] >>> OK.

French old magazines >>> OK.
    I finally got the very first french release of Stephen King. A cosmopolitan from 1976, with an abridged version of CARRIE, prior to its french publicatio. Was hunting it for years !
    + a french proof for BAG OF BONES, with a letter from Stephen King on the front. Was hunting it for years

More promotional items >>> OK.

Bookshelves and filling them >>> OK. Still need to get more Stephen King french 1st eds
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought I posted my goals for this year but didn't see it.....

Anyway, my major collecting goals for the year were:

- Deluxe 'Salem's Lot (Black OR Red #'d)
    - Signed New Lieutenants Rap
    - Lettered Green Mile
    - TWTTK S/L

I did pretty well by getting 3 out of the 4 with only the Lettered Green Mile to go!

On to 2013 in search of that as well as a Signed Series of The Plant and a Lettered Shining from Sub Press!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never posted 2012 goals...
    But I have completely surpassed anything I might have posted.
    ...I am so broke
    Hopefully next year will be cheaper.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, tomorrow is the last day for achieving those 2012 goals!!! LOL LOL

Good Luck!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Between now and the end of 2012:

I tried to remember/research every outstanding item that I have already preordered. Many of these I had forgotten about:

IT S/L (Cemetery Dance)
    IT Gift Edition (Cemetery Dance)

The Exorcist: The 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition (Lonely Road) Blatty

Smoke and Mirrors S/L (Cemetery Dance via Horror Mall) anthologySmoke and Mirrors S/L (Subterranean Press) Gaiman

A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff (part of the "Little Books" series by Borderlands Press) Gaiman

The Passage Signed Limited Edition Art Print (Cemetery Dance)

IT: The 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio (Cemetery Dance)

A Book of Horrors Limited "Bookshop" Edition (Cemetery Dance)

Then I tried to think of all the books by King and other authors that I've had on my mental list. Some of these I'm sure I'll obtain, others will probably show up on my 2013 list and beyond:

The Wind in the Keyhole S/L
    The Wind in the Keyhole S/L (different number)
    The Wind in the Keyhole AE

11/22/63 S/L

UK Bag of Bones S/L

Firestarter S/L

Danse Macabre S/L

American Gods S/L (Hill House) Gaiman

Neverwhere S/L Gaiman

Melinda (Hill House) S/L Gaiman

Brother Odd ARC Koontz
    Brother Odd signed 1st/1st Koontz

Odd Hours ARC Koontz
    Odd Hours 1st/1st signed Koontz

Lullaby 1st/1st Palahniuk

Diary 1st/1st Palahniuk

Haunted 1st/1st Palahniuk

Fahrenheit 451 S/L (Easton) Bradbury

Mother Night S/L (Easton) Vonnegut

Timequake S/L (Easton) Vonnegut

Bagombo Snuff Box S/L (Easton) Vonnegut

Fates Worse Than Death S/L (Easton) Vonnegut

God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian S/L (Easton) Vonnegut
    Here's where I stood at year end against my original list. As always, other items came up along the way throughout the year that took priority.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2